[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

So looking forward to procedural costs with this. Now this with procedural costs, and procedural costs already in RealChutes and Procedural Fairings, would allow me to do a proper career mode game with rockets that actually look like they could fly!

Edward

I'm not sure if this is against the license of this mod to share, but I created a procedural probe core using this mod if anyone is interested. I'm really new to this, but I've tested it in the game, and it seems to work pretty well, as well as can be very useful. If anyone wants to take a look at it to improve on it, let me know.

And yeah, sorry, I'll get to costs... :\

Nathan, I don't know how far you have progressed with the costs. But I've just implemented procedural costs in my airships mod (which is highly integrated with ProceduralParts). Nothing fancy, just a PartModule that receives a volume change message from procedural parts and than calculates costs based on volume and approximated surface area. It might be suitable for ProceduralParts too, depending on how you have planned to handle the cost generation. Heres my github rep if you want to take a look. However I'm thinking about publishing a modulemanager config that adds said module to ProceduralParts as a workaround for my users. I'm not sure if I should though cos it might lead to collisions when ProceduralParts gets updated. What do you think?

I'm just going to add the interface to the base procedural module, and look for a bast cost in cfg and then add resource costs, similar to what I do for MFT/RF (unreleased since it's not quite working, but in git). You should be able to set the cfg thing to 0 and it won't collide with yours.

I'm just going to add the interface to the base procedural module, and look for a bast cost in cfg and then add resource costs, similar to what I do for MFT/RF (unreleased since it's not quite working, but in git). You should be able to set the cfg thing to 0 and it won't collide with yours.

Okay. I'm not so much concerned that it will break something, but more about people running to you complaining that their costs are way too high. :D But maybe if I don't include it with the release and just post it on the OP. Warning the people that they must delete it as soon as ProceduralParts gets updated will prevent that.

edit:

Just uploaded it. So if some of you want procedural prices really really badly and can not wait any longer. And if you also don't mind to do a little betatesting for me, download ProceduralAirships and place the config file you can find on the first post of the thread into your GamaData folder. As soon as ProceduralParts gets updated you can delete the config file and everything should be fine.

Edited by RadarManFromTheMoon

Procedural tanks with engines seem to clip inside each other, every time I load a rocket it's procedural tanks are inside each other and so I have to build rocket all over again which is really frustrating. Is this something on my end or it is known mod bug? Thank you for the help!:)

Procedural tanks with engines seem to clip inside each other, every time I load a rocket it's procedural tanks are inside each other and so I have to build rocket all over again which is really frustrating. Is this something on my end or it is known mod bug? Thank you for the help!:)

No one else has mentioned any issues with it, so chances are its on your end. Try reinstalling Procedural Parts, and if that doesn't work, try reinstalling Procedural fairings,TweakScale and Infernal Robotics if you are using any of them. If your still having issues, post your log file and we'll try to decode what's wrong.

No one else has mentioned any issues with it, so chances are its on your end. Try reinstalling Procedural Parts, and if that doesn't work, try reinstalling Procedural fairings,TweakScale and Infernal Robotics if you are using any of them. If your still having issues, post your log file and we'll try to decode what's wrong.

Thanks for your swift reply. I will try to reinstall these mods.

Hi, I just wanted to say this mod is awesome! Keep up the good work.

A couple of suggestions to make this mod even more amazing:

- Procedural engines. Being able to change form, size with radial or attachable engines.

Either way I love this mod! Thanks for making it.

Would it be possible to add skewed cones? Like the nose cones on the Ariane 5's boosters.

Relatedly, what about curved cylinders?

Or angled ends, Because you could make all kinds of things with those and they seem somewhat easy to add, just have it make the end an ellipse instead of a circle and make the node at a different angle.

Edit: Other small idea: on textures that tile, make it so you can make them stretch bigger and tile less, now really big parts tend to look bad with tiling textures.

By doing this, you could make a 3 meter part look like a 2 meter part and make stuff like huge srbs not look so ugly from obvious texture repetition.

Edited by bs1110101

Having trouble using the asparagus staging and fuel lines with the tanks. 7 seperate tanks stacked atop of each other and then 2 copies on either side. I try running a fuel line from the 2 outer bottom tanks into the center most bottom tank and it just doesn't seem to work at all. The fuel burns in all tanks as if the line were not there. Here is a screenshot of my craft. Each of the color bands on the first stage are separate procedural LFO tanks.

KJAPNM1.png

Check the ends of your pipes to make sure struts aren't attached in the same place. I found out the hard way that strut ends occupying the same space as pipe ends can block fuel flow.
Seems like that would be caused by another mod. Procedural parts "shouldn't" affect how fuel flow works what so ever.

I've checked and rechecked to make sure they are set up as they should be and still not working correctly. I'm pretty sure its not another mod effecting it as I've never had this problem with any other tanks. Although because of the nature of the design. I had to place the outer most white tanks on the decouplers and then build up and down from them. Thats the only thing I could think of that would cause this issue.

I had to place the outer most white tanks on the decouplers and then build up and down from them. Thats the only thing I could think of that would cause this issue.

Decouplers break fuel flow. This almost certainly the cause. Unless you meant radial decouplers? It could also be crossFeedEnabler, if you've got that installed (not that it should do this though).

Decouplers break fuel flow. This almost certainly the cause. Unless you meant radial decouplers? It could also be crossFeedEnabler, if you've got that installed (not that it should do this though).

I do have them attached via radial decouplers. And you are also correct in that I have crossFeedEnabler installed. Is there something that I could check to see if that mod is the culprit?

I do have them attached via radial decouplers. And you are also correct in that I have crossFeedEnabler installed. Is there something that I could check to see if that mod is the culprit?

No idea. What I suspect is happening is that crossFeedEnabler is sending the fuel one way, and your fuel lines sneding it the other, and due to the fact that you have stages with equal burn times (assuming that's a delta IV heavy replica your using there), theres not really anyway to tell. Personally, i'd just delete the mod. I know RO recommends it, but in my experience, it's been nothing but annoying.

Nope, what's going on is this:

Radial decouplers have fuel crossfeed. People don't notice it in stock because *usually* the things you put them on don't have crossfeed *in* (i.e. tanks). But with CrossFeedEnabler, suddenly they do. Instead, you should (as Squad should) disable crossfeed on your radial decouplers.

Nope, what's going on is this:

Radial decouplers have fuel crossfeed. People don't notice it in stock because *usually* the things you put them on don't have crossfeed *in* (i.e. tanks). But with CrossFeedEnabler, suddenly they do. Instead, you should (as Squad should) disable crossfeed on your radial decouplers.

Theoretically applying this in a MM config would work then right?

@PART[radialDecoupler*]:Final
{
@fuelCrossFeed = False
}