What are you doing in KSP right now?

Clockwork13

Duna mission: Returning the initial mission and crew, and setting up a permanent station in Duna orbit. I have the fuel and science station there, but need to add more fuel, another lander, and a kethane mining/refining system to ferry kethane off Ike.

Mun station: Kethane mining and refining, as proof-of-concept for future missions. The failed designs on the Mun or in orbit are a testament to it being proof of concept! Currently filling the reserves of the fuel station bit by bit.

Eve: Fuel station, kethane mining on Gilly, kerbed exploration and return, and a permanent scientific base on the surface. Status: Preparation and planning.

Jool: Mega mission to the muns and Jool itself. Kerbed exploration, probes, kethane mining and refining, the whole shebang. Status: Planning and design.

Dres: Exploration. Status: Initial planning and calculations.

Moho: Same as Dres.

Kerbin orbit: Establishment of a fuel station, topped up by munar kethane mining and launches from Kerbin itself.

General: A set of standardised, generic craft for exploring anywhere, including a compact but effective station design, and Kethane mining systems.

Expanding this puppy with fuel and kethane and RCS modules. I have around 24 fps.

Kerbal for scale!

The view is beatiful up here!

Chris: Hey, Dave!

Dave: Yeah?

Chris: Do you think we went a bit overboard on the solar panels?

Dave: Listen, when you're having a pizza party for the population of India and all you have is mini microwave pizzas, you can complain to me about how we generate power.

I recalled all kerbaled missions this weekend in preparation to start a new game, when .23.5 is out. Still one mun retrieval mission to go. But the ARM Pack can come :)

Until then its replanning my duna mission lander that did not work as intended.

Trying to deep sea mine Kethane but trying to get drill to sink....

I thought about building a grappling harpoon with Kerbal Attachement System, not trying to sink, but to pull the drill down with an arrangement of stacked winches.

Main project at the moment is the ever expanding projects to routinely get Kerbs to Laythe and back as efficiently as possible.

The below is the current leader really, its a spaceplane capable of lifting 5 tons to Kerbin orbit whilst weighing only 12 tons all in. The 5 ton payload is capable of returning a Kerb to Kerbin under Ion power but the burns are a little long. All I then need to do is get that 12 tons to Laythe. . . still optimising the launch / Laythe burn vehicle. I'm also working on a version where the payload is designed to dock to a return thrust vehicle in Laythe orbit for a speedier trip back.

8D84F9024EB0047D64D1092CA2A21E5E3039D669

Second arm of that project is a Single Stage to Laythe spaceplane, the below is on its way to Laythe, should have enough DeltaV to make it there.

Can't come back without a refuel however, so I am working on a refueling solution for it to be be delivered to Laythe. . . . this involves soft landing 36 tons without breaking anything, which it turns out is trickier than I though it would be!

AEE4E0A9D2C027F0B5B8AD665C92136E63FB2A71

Still currently trying not to blow up. Otherwise, SCIENCE!

I'm new and going through career at a fairly low pace due to my own time constraints, but I just recently managed a flyby of the Mun - TWICE :D

(and only one of them blew up [200m before touchdown, of course])

I haven't landed on any planetary bodies yet, despite having the game for about 3 months, sadly. But I still enjoy trying out the game in new ways. I know how to dock pretty well, so I want to try an aerial docking like a refueling jetcraft in the sky! I bet it will be a difficult feat, but It is definitely a great thing to try! I can't wait to get started!

• 9 months later...

Cursing at my own stupidity and lack of planning mostly :P

Having unlocked nearly the full tech tree in career I'm now considering leaving the Kerbin system, although I do have some deep space probes in orbit around the sun already waiting for their small coursecorrections to hit other planets. Just got a contract to put a base in orbit around Duna which seems like a worthwhile project.

Also started looking at mods for my next save, mostly considering the addition of NearFuture mods and Karbonite but the first seems to still lack an important part for 0.90 :(

Still playing 0.25, landing repeatedly on Minmus as part of my long quest to perform every possible 0.25 experiment with a single launch. Have already finished the rest of the Kerbol system (which was really fun) and the Mun (God, that was boring). After Minmus, hopefully my two science planes will be able to cover all of Kerbin.

This project has gone through several total overhauls and has been all that I've been doing in KSP for almost a year now, since I often don't have much time to play. Seeing it so close to completion is very exciting!

I just finished contract #4 from a single flight out of KSC. I still have a third of my fuel left, so I shouldn't have any trouble doing another 3 survey contracts, and I'm hoping to punch up to space at some point to get a cool 8 contracts in one flight.

weeeeeeelll... depends on how you define "working on". I think about designs and doodle stuff on paper almost every day, but I actually rarely fire up the game and build the stuff, mostly because it sucks up time like a black hole* and I'm currently also playing several other games (Dragon age inquisition for one).

The doodles/designs I'm currenty doing are for heavy-duty spaceplanes, a large space station and big motherships for multi-planetary and colony-rotation missions. Even though I don't actually have any colonies, nor I have I ever even gone past Duna or Eve in the actual game. For some reason I always have a tendency to design waaaay beyond what I'm currently capable of.

*note that I know that black holes don't actually swallow up time but you get my point

ir5o2bw8NPmGp.png

This is my Gargantula launch vehicle. I intend to turn it into an asparagus nightmare.

It is comprised of two major asparagus blocks. The lower is fairly standard, if large. The upper will fire the Skipper engines as they're exposed by the Mainsail stages dropping off, and is only built vertically to appease FAR.

I don't actually know what I'll end up launching with it. Probably something big.

Early-game light atmospheric plane, to do the various lower tier contracts:

kfox.png

It's semi-unstable, but doesn't tailspin unless you try really hard - despite of the quite excessive pitch authority. Turns as if it were nothing, and has enough rocket fuel to go into the stratosphere. Also plenty of jet fuel. It can deal with leightweight cargo (tested up to 5t), but obviously isn't made for heavy lifting.

Now on to designing a proper rover - too bad that stock supplies barely any parts, and most of the mods either supply finished vehicles, or highly specialized parts.

Launched the Kerbal Kruiser MK1 to the Jool system. There is a Lander within which will explore Bop, Vall, and Pol before returning to Kerbin. There is also an emergency return escape pod on board capable of return ing the entire crew to Kerbin from Jool if there's a critical failure.

9p8NmRP.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.