[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

hay i love this pack but one thing always bothered me and thats the issue with the UUI Capable Dockur Node parts not attaching correctly and requiring rotation, and then sometimes even after a rotation parts would not attach due to the nodes pointing the wrong way, after a few attempts i managed to get it working in a much better way, surprisingly the order in which the nodes are in the file affects how it works in-game, sorry if this is not new but it helped me a lot.

here is an example for the Kosmos_UUI_Capable_Dockur_Node_1.5m part, repeat the same with different distances for the other parts.

the forwards/backwards/left/right are based on the initial orientation of the camera in the VAB.

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z, Size

node_stack_right = 0.7973061246, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, 1
node_stack_left = -0.7973061246, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1

node_stack_back = 0, 0, 0.7973061246, 0, 0,-1, 1
node_stack_front = 0, 0,-0.7973061246, 0, 0, 1, 1

node_stack_top = 0, 0.7973061246, 0, 0,-1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0,-0.7973061246, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1
// --- node definitions ---

hay i love this pack but one thing always bothered me and thats the issue with the UUI Capable Dockur Node parts not attaching correctly and requiring rotation, and then sometimes even after a rotation parts would not attach due to the nodes pointing the wrong way, after a few attempts i managed to get it working in a much better way, surprisingly the order in which the nodes are in the file affects how it works in-game, sorry if this is not new but it helped me a lot.

here is an example for the Kosmos_UUI_Capable_Dockur_Node_1.5m part, repeat the same with different distances for the other parts.

the forwards/backwards/left/right are based on the initial orientation of the camera in the VAB.

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z, Size

node_stack_right = 0.7973061246, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, 1
node_stack_left = -0.7973061246, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1

node_stack_back = 0, 0, 0.7973061246, 0, 0,-1, 1
node_stack_front = 0, 0,-0.7973061246, 0, 0, 1, 1

node_stack_top = 0, 0.7973061246, 0, 0,-1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0,-0.7973061246, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1
// --- node definitions ---

oh wow really.. that is all the difference in the world. haha thanks :D I will integrate this now.

Three cheers for Delvar!

While i was waiting for Normal to return I decided to hit up the TKS a bit. here is a little bit of the normals of the TKS Taper. I have alot of detial to add still but it is looking promising.

for some reason i need to reverse the normal map when 3ds max makes it but it works well now that i figured this out :D

TKS%20Normals.png

ok iv fixed a few parts so they now attach in a sane way :)

Kosmos_Spektr_1mto0.5_taper

Kosmos_UUI_Capable_Dockur_Node

Kosmos_UUI_Capable_Dockur_Node_0.75m

Kosmos_UUI_Capable_Dockur_Node_1.5m

Kosmos_UUI_Capable_Dockur_Node_1m

just extract the zip into your parts folder, should replace the part.cnf.

it WILL break existing craft that use these parts.

Any tips on getting the Angara parts to load? They keep getting stuck trying to load the engines. I\'ve really found SSPP and LK useful, so I\'d definitely like to finish the set, but I just can\'t get it to work.

Perhaps, in the future, we could get repaints? (ie. extra texture files that could be replaced in the part folder) I would especially enjoy Excalibur Almaz and olive drab repaints of the TKS/VA. From what I recall, it was originally meant to be finished in an olive paint job, as was the Soyuz.

Perhaps, in the future, we could get repaints? (ie. extra texture files that could be replaced in the part folder) I would especially enjoy Excalibur Almaz and olive drab repaints of the TKS/VA. From what I recall, it was originally meant to be finished in an olive paint job, as was the Soyuz.

Actually, the whole pack was originally going to be green and white, but we got a lot of complaints about it so we changed to steel blue. I like it better this way, but we have discussed other color schemes.

Also, I just downloaded Delvar\'s versions of our parts, I\'ll put them in the main downloads tonight.

-edit: It will have to wait until tomorrow.

Any tips on getting the Angara parts to load? They keep getting stuck trying to load the engines. I\'ve really found SSPP and LK useful, so I\'d definitely like to finish the set, but I just can\'t get it to work.

Just wait. They\'re quite enormous polycount and texture wise. We really need that lo-res pack, CBBP.

I\'ve tried that too. I just get 'Deploying' and nothing happens.

This is a great mod for making space stations. As soon as I can get the panels working, it\'s going to be part of my persistent network of flying stuff.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

Use the Powertech plugin. You should get an option when you right click to deploy panels. It also works for legs and engines/fuel tanks (shuts them off or turns them on). If it doesn\'t work try a re-install and make sure you are using the latest version! it works right outta the box for me and im not using a particular clean install for KSP (alot of mods.)

If docking is not in 0.16 i will be making the docking rings have collider animations that would allow for you to sort of dock them. but only on a one 2 one scale.

I found a problem in which i need to invert 2 of the three channels of my normals maps. for some reason in unity 3d up is actually down in KSP and vice versa. so now that i have done this. things look amazingly better on the VA.