[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

With all 3 packs, KSP takes up 2.3Gb of RAM !!!!

I have a couple of other packs installed, but it didn\'t use that much RAM before...

I guess this is because KSP doesn\'t have any optimization in place, and the textures are .PNG, not .DDS . With .DDS, the texture only takes as much in RAM as it does on the disk, but other formats need to be processed in order to be used. This results in enormous RAM requirements. Combine this with an inefficient memory manager, and you\'ll clog up any high-end gaming computer that isn\'t 64 bit.

The lo-res pack seems fine, but could you make a similar one for Angara and the LK? They\'re also quite big packs.

I guess this is because KSP doesn\'t have any optimization in place, and the textures are .PNG, not .DDS . With .DDS, the texture only takes as much in RAM as it does on the disk, but other formats need to be processed in order to be used. This results in enormous RAM requirements. Combine this with an inefficient memory manager, and you\'ll clog up any high-end gaming computer that isn\'t 64 bit.

The lo-res pack seems fine, but could you make a similar one for Angara and the LK? They\'re also quite big packs.

.dds eh? i could make them those. Wonder if unity supports those.

Quick check of the new version showed that radiator panels turn to the star, not away from it, and RD-0124 still has only three exhaust jet streams. Also I can not attach one LK fuel or RSC tank to another. How can this be done?

Quick check of the new version showed that radiator panels turn to the star, not away from it, and RD-0124 still has only three exhaust jet streams. Also I can not attach one LK fuel or RSC tank to another. How can this be done?

for Lk just keep clicking. eventually it will work. it is a bit of a pain though lol.

RD-0124 effects fixed for next release. thanks.

and radiator should also be solved.

I\'m having an issue with the RD-0146 with the KVTK stage. It crashes the game as soon as it is activated. Is anyone else having problems with it?

ETA: I replaced

module = MuMechVariableEngine

with

module = LiquidEngine

and it works. Weird, because all the other MuMechVariableEngines seem to work fine.

.dds eh? i could make them those. Wonder if unity supports those.

If it did, they would be used on stock parts already. It seems that this is just an engine limitation.

Why solar panels seems to be deployed at launch?

ask alchemist. your plugin is not working apparently. and he made it. I am jsut the artist 0_O sorry

I used to use .dds for modding Sup com. I like that format :/ saddly they work in Unity in a half and half sort of way haha. but each texture being only 4mb in ram would be nice. 1mb or smaller stuff.\

ANYWAY.VA lockdown is completed a tad late but it is done. it now features an umbilical that stays once ejected. however it makes the RCS thusters about useless :P (mass figure doesn\'t update. ) so you need to go to space center and back agian and that removes this effect (if needed. during rentry it should not be a problem anyway so hardly a major issue ^^ ) it also fis the first part to feature the new KBS (Kosmos Berthing System) which will be the door between each station part (not docking)

New door is 6 polies with normal texture. so this will drastically reduce kosmos part poly counts.

screenshot46.png

I haven\'t actually used your new parts yet, but I looked at the set last night. You appear to be missing copies of the config files for the PluginData folder. It\'s got something to do with changes to how plugin DLLs can read configuration files in 0.15, if I remember right. The PowerTech DLL can\'t look inside the Parts folder to read config files, so for each part you want that plugin to touch, you need to put a copy of that part\'s part.cfg file in the PluginData/PowerTech folder, named whatever-the-part-name-is.cfg instead of part.cfg.

Put more clearly, say you have a part called Foo that should be installed like this:

Parts/Foo/model.mu

Parts/Foo/model000.png

Parts/Foo/part.cfg

In order for PowerTech to work with that part, you must put a copy of the part\'s part.cfg file here:

PluginData/PowerTech/Foo.cfg

That should solve the problem with non-animating solar panels. No promises, though, since I haven\'t actually tried it myself yet.

I haven\'t actually used your new parts yet, but I looked at the set last night. You appear to be missing copies of the config files for the PluginData folder. It\'s got something to do with changes to how plugin DLLs can read configuration files in 0.15, if I remember right. The PowerTech DLL can\'t look inside the Parts folder to read config files, so for each part you want that plugin to touch, you need to put a copy of that part\'s part.cfg file in the PluginData/PowerTech folder, named whatever-the-part-name-is.cfg instead of part.cfg.

Put more clearly, say you have a part called Foo that should be installed like this:

Parts/Foo/model.mu

Parts/Foo/model000.png

Parts/Foo/part.cfg

In order for PowerTech to work with that part, you must put a copy of the part\'s part.cfg file here:

That should solve the problem with non-animating solar panels. No promises, though, since I haven\'t actually tried it myself yet.

Interesting! I had a bit of trouble with the panels being fidgety when I was working on the pack, but I assumed it was an issue with staging and not something critical. Cardboard is the one who manages the plugins, and when he\'s next online I\'m sure we could test this out and work on it. He asked me to do a hotfix for SSPP, but aside from a minor bugfix I\'ve already put in, the lockdown and new RCS have not yet been included. I\'m sure we\'ll do a real update to 4.1 when we get the panel issue sorted and that\'s when you\'ll see the new parts.

To be honest, despite the issues, this launch seems to be going better than previous updates.

Parts/Foo/model.mu

Parts/Foo/model000.png

Parts/Foo/part.cfg

No, this is for .cfg defined animations (the old way made for KSP 0.14, used by PowerTech and DynaSat parts). Cosmos panels use the other system (0.15 animation for deploying and alternate definition for rotation), so the parser is not used and the second configuration file is not necessary.

So is it possible to use .DDS? because sadly :\'( my computer only has 1.5 gigs of ram to use (2 gigs in total) and it gets to the 2nd winglet the ncrashes i\'ve tryed this about 6 times and reinstalled everything twice so yeah please working on making it .DDS if possible ? =(

So is it possible to use .DDS? because sadly :\'( my computer only has 1.5 gigs of ram to use (2 gigs in total) and it gets to the 2nd winglet the ncrashes i\'ve tryed this about 6 times and reinstalled everything twice so yeah please working on making it .DDS if possible ? =(

download the lower rest texture pack.

I have nothing to do with .dds. that is squads thing.

It\'s not because you have 1.5 GB. I have 4 GB (the system sees 3.2), but KSP still crashes when it\'s memory usage exceeds 1.5 GB.

Hi cBBp,

Today, I tried to decrease poly count on the RD-180, and it was quite succesful. I decreased count from 8400 to 4100 without problem, have you got plans for something like that? Anyway, really awesome pack, thanks.

renderlow.png

Low-poly version on the right.

In a personal conversation with cBBp, he said that Kosmos has never been optimized, but now parts will be overhauled anyway to have normal maps, which comes along with model changes to decrease polycount.