Project Odyssey: adventures getting home from an alternate dimension

Felbourn

hey man can u make a dropbox with all the mods bc the mods dont work with my 0.23 can you help me out bye making a download with all the mods in it thanks alot

Welcome to the forums! :)

Several mods have restrictions in their licenses that request they not be redistributed elsewhere without the author's express permission, so this probably would not be a wise idea. Your best bet would be to contact the author(s) of the specific mod(s) that aren't working with the problems that you're having and try to get each issue resolved individually. Keep in mind that some of them may not yet have been updated for 0.24.

hey man can u make a dropbox with all the mods bc the mods dont work with my 0.23 can you help me out bye making a download with all the mods in it thanks alot

I do not make mods available because:

(a) It's against several licenses

(b ) my dropbox is using my personal bandwidth and the source mods for Odyssey are 23.6 GB

Also note Odyssey is a 0.23.5 installation. If you have upgraded and not saved off a copy of 0.23.5 first then:

(a) why?

(B) sorry, you're probably SOL now

I do not make mods available because:

(a) It's against several licenses

(b ) my dropbox is using my personal bandwidth and the source mods for Odyssey are 23.6 GB

Also note Odyssey is a 0.23.5 installation. If you have upgraded and not saved off a copy of 0.23.5 first then:

(a) why?

(B) sorry, you're probably SOL now

okay i have 0.23.5 but some of the mods that you listed are for 0.24.2 and my game crash with those. i use ModAdmin can u pleases help me out i really like your pack :D

okay i have 0.23.5 but some of the mods that you listed are for 0.24.2 and my game crash with those. i use ModAdmin can u pleases help me out i really like your pack :D

Oh this links are to the forum pages and stuff. When a new release comes out, mod authors change their links. You need to keep old copies of the mods for older installs, or see if the mod makers have links to older versions.

As part of the Kethane project, a scanning satellite has been sent to the Mun.

A5ntodA.png

Meanwhile, Jeb and Hadfield have returned safely to Kerbin.

Vcpg5C2.png

A new class of communications satellite, the TDRS-D, is being deployed so that we can decommission the TDRS-C satellites.

E4pVNHv.png

The TDRS-D satellites will enable long range communications for keeping in touch with missions to Duna.

PXlA31h.png

It has five dishes for: Mun, Minmus, alternate TDRS-D, DSCL4 (Deep Space Comm L4), and DSCL5.

lh1CsrE.png

Joseph is working in the medical center while Neil is on the space station.

Dj22KNc.png

He's running sample tests on some of the local plants.

MNxes0D.png

He's finishing a test as Jeb shows up for his post-Mun-mission physical.

smmPO0m.png

Hadfield is not far behind him.

sO0nXbG.png

Joseph has Jeb get in a scanning bay.

4n5MScD.png

He checks out ok, so he can leave.

SgdSagf.png

Hadfield needs a more thorough scan.

R3a6qq0.png

Later that day, two communications satellites are launched toward Duna.

dlnQ4j0.png

They will act as relays for communication with DSCL4 and DSCL5.

dVMMWWx.png

The second DSC is launched.

zt0i79Q.png

And another TDRS-D

5Gn1ZvE.png

These mid-range orbits will allow the Deep Space Commsats to return to their Kerbin orbit intercepts in front and behind Kerbin itself, effectively creating L4 and L5 intercepts despite the lack of N-body physics.

GT4xbnN.png

They close out their day with an initial Kethane drill test.

vuLlABg.png

Watch as the saga continues:

The R&D team is hard at work sketching out new designs for landers and rovers. None of these are supposed to be pretty. These are Utility Tests, to see if these even fly, roll, or otherwise function as desired.

DSPI5Rx.png

This is a single-bay load lifter to possibly carry a rover to Duna.

pYPWNcL.png

This is the double-bay test.

H1D2na6.png

We then try the double-bay with a Catfish cabin.

5Uqn7tG.png

Next up is a super ugly Kethane drill test with all the needed functional parts.

uD8Y4c0.png

The second drill test is more balanced for possible aerial maneuvering.

sIdBupt.png

Now we're seeing if a frame can be landed with a drill on a hinge, to angle it up for deployment.

OD54a0S.png

Meanwhile, the Duna Communications team is starting to send several rockets to Duna with satellites on board.

TCxjPhU.png

We're using solid rockets for an initial stage to reduce fuel requirements.

IN6mQYT.png

There are actually several satellites in this payload.

btRm8vQ.png

The lander team is still testing different ideas.

EZd3o1e.png

This one was able to lift off, land, and then deploy it load doors.

4w5OVzg.png

The first rover test is not pretty but it's VERY functional. Initial tests showed it could not be made to fall over no matter how hard the turns were, and it did not get struck on ANY obstacles due to the servo wheels.

zV7zKQV.png

A rover with a robotic arm was tested next.

jO0gCIh.png

The idea is not going to work out. It took a long time to get this stood up.

ut5rZyj.png

How about a lander that deploys its drill over its own head?

PzStdPm.png

Two different tests of that idea were made.

Ruxrca0.png

And finally, Kranz, Bob and Joseph are gathered to talk about a temporal anomaly problem where even memories from alternate universes are bleeding into ours, making us unsure what is real here.

gzZ1dC2.png

Edited by Felbourn

Continuing to enjoy everything about this series. So much good stuff!

Watching your kethane test platforms, I think I have a suggestion (in case you haven't already thought of it). For surface bases, attach your solar panel so that the axis of rotation is parallel to the planet rotation. (For example, an equatorial base means the panels are horizontal and oriented north to south, while a polar base has the panels sticking straight up, and a base at 45° latitude has panels tipped 45° north.) This way, the panels automatically track the sun, and get maximum exposure.

Continuing to enjoy everything about this series. So much good stuff!

Watching your kethane test platforms, I think I have a suggestion (in case you haven't already thought of it). For surface bases, attach your solar panel so that the axis of rotation is parallel to the planet rotation. (For example, an equatorial base means the panels are horizontal and oriented north to south, while a polar base has the panels sticking straight up, and a base at 45° latitude has panels tipped 45° north.) This way, the panels automatically track the sun, and get maximum exposure.

Good point. The only polar site I'm going to have is going to Minmus and I already launched the lander. I'll keep my eye open for another opportunity. All my landers are usually semi- to fully- equatorial though.

Bob and Kranz are heading from HQ to the VAB while discussing current events on the base.

mZvW38j.png

They mention how Hadfield has been assigned to check dwindling fuel levels in the supply tanks of the main warehouse.

xm0lj1r.png

Hadfield is discovering that the supply is now dangerously low.

CXZzfv4.png

As he's preparing to leave, something unexplained happens to him and he collapses.

YcW3MoV.png

Bill was in the sanitizer at the time when the base computer comes on overheard and informs him that a strange energy was detected in the fuel warehouse.

i4Hn5jZ.png

He rushes in to find Hadfield on the floor.

BSOeNZ5.png

Hadfield is rushed to the medical bay where tests can be run on him to see what's wrong.

soyiXQq.png

Joseph decides to put him into the isolation chamber and run tissue sample tests.

7Akl9y0.png

The results are not promising. Hadfield's tissues are breaking down. He has 8 to 10 days to live.

2APlYWm.png

The tests show there are some compounds that can be used to slow or halt the process, but they are only located at the poles of Minmus and the upper atmosphere of Jool.

JYa9BB9.png

Kranz makes the decision that Hadfield is worth it. The temporary cure is on Minmus, so we'll go there first.

PSJ7Cno.png

His DNA is breaking down. The permanent cure is at Jool.

qkldQKd.png

We'll design a long term mission once the immediate danger is handled.

ks2IZQ9.png

Bob and Krantz head to the VAB.

YfalxzX.png

OAcibgb.png

Olww6CC.png

FlUGbl6.png

7lnMPzK.png

Bill informs the rest of the team that almost everything is going on hold to start the Minmus and Jool mission designs.

W1Qt0O2.png

Of minor significance, the TDRS-C class RemoteTech communication satellites have been decommissioned now that the TDRS-D class are online.

FEeWNWm.png

Edited by Felbourn

We need an orbital research facility around Minmus because it's the only way to prepare the sample in time to save Hadfield.

TXn7HH5.png

Hadfield, Jeb, and Joseph are in a Hydra II capsule heading to the ship, which we're calling simply the Minmus Traveler.

T3c9mPp.png

Once they arrive, we just need to get the lander that will collect the samples from Minmus.

LKOcTgs.png

They dock up and settle in as the second launch begins.

caiRgTd.png

This extended-length launcher has a 3.75m fairing to hold the wide-body research lander.

LCrzWn2.png

It's not only functional, but beautiful too.

xTkBZV7.png

This is how we'll get down to Minmus and back up again.

GQ6cd2a.png

Soon we'll rendezvous with the Minmus Traveler and be on our way.

wqVfgKe.png

IpcNbvq.png

SkbKkJj.png

CEMnj8r.png

MtsMpZu.png

We're just a short EVA away from being ready. We need to fix some RCS engines and use KAS to strut the capsule and lander to The Traveler.

3W0Sxc8.png

Back on the ground...

1t0TVfo.png

Bob and Kranz are discussing the anomalies and realizing that memories of events are bleeding in through rifts, making it impossible to determine what is real and local to this dimension. They ask the computer to identify the locations of every team member to be sure they know what's real.

j0zmuf2.png

Jeb, Joseph, and Hadfield are on the Minmus Traveler. This is not what they thought at first. The problem is bad.

jqw7sPm.png

Bill, Neil, and Kesla are on Odyssey Station, regardless of what we might have thought was true in the past.

nhfrr7c.png

Valentina is in the R&D warehouse.

Xb41cEb.png

1TTFU41.png

She stops by Kranz's office to give a report that a project she's been working on is almost ready.

5x8WDZu.png

It's a device to take advantage of a semi-stable wormhole. She'll be able to drain fuel mined on Mun directly to Kerbin, enabling us to continue our space program.

SNnS4EC.png

Bill fixes up The Traveler and they start their journey once it's ready.

ZC7VKVa.png

Edited by Felbourn

Bill heads back inside after fixing up the Traveller.

OdzircO.png

They set course for Minmus. In a few days they'll be landing and getting the samples they need to stave off Hadfield's illness.

n01R5yR.png

The R&D team is experimenting with solid boosters since fuel is running low.

3JCnFy4.png

They settle on a simple design.

ujpI4vh.png

The first empty orange tank has arrived at Mun. Now we just need to fill it up and send it home.

7x7nWON.png

Meanwhile, the Minmus Traveller has arrived.

kxEkl2Q.png

Hadfield and Joseph get in the lander to head down to the north pole.

s5b9NxC.png

Coming in slow...

R25jFnO.png

The landing was quite gentle.

g2SbpBQ.png

They begin exploring the surface for the minerals Hadfield needs for his medicine.

Prh04yl.png

'We choose to go to the moon. We choose to ...

..make it possible to go to the moon and do those things and some other stuff as well.' ~Felbourn, Project Odyssey 18

Haha! Bit of a quote mine but it made me smile:D Well done. And don't worry about episodes like these, to be honest I actually like these more :)

We need to go to Jool to get a gas ingredient for the medicine to save Hadfield from the effects of him travelling through a wormhole for so long. To do that we need a satellite for a Jool flyby.

E278wi1.png

zXgCsiL.png

n6OiWra.png

We also need to send up a satellite to enable remote communications, but we are SO low on liquid fuel that almost the entire thing is solid fuel.

a2csCEA.png

Only the payload has any LFO.

PmEep2S.png

JoolComm goes into a 65,000 km molniya orbit so it can almost always "see" the Jool satellites.

272KHaD.png

Fully deployed, it looks like a very large TDRS satellite.

84QyT2y.png

Meanwhile, in an alternate dimension, Sergei Kerman is searching for Svetlana and the Corbomite device that might save their world.

GvWoOMR.png

Sergei gathers the team in the RTCC and brainstorms solutions.

gajwnkc.png

Igor thinks we should send a manned mission through a wormhole to Svetlana's new dimension to either rescue or capture her, and bring her home.

krxfOl7.png

GVhp21Y.png

In OUR dimension, Valentina and Svetlana are still getting to know each other better.

1FFzchr.png

J0AxDv9.png

The R&D teams are working on Kethane drills, rovers, and lander technologies.

rFny3fV.png

Great episodes. I loved to watch them.

Just a tiny question: where did you get your radiators from and do they work with the interstellar waste heat functions? I'm looking so long for more realistic deploayable radiators than the original from interstellar. Would be great if you can help me out.

Great episodes. I loved to watch them.

Just a tiny question: where did you get your radiators from and do they work with the interstellar waste heat functions? I'm looking so long for more realistic deploayable radiators than the original from interstellar. Would be great if you can help me out.

I "created" mine by converting a Kosmos solar panel model into an Interstellar radiator.

Taking the next step toward the Kethane refueling project, our Kerbals have created a new launcher that's bigger than anything they've made yet.

mpYJrKQ.png

Contained in that fairing is a huge lander with a robotic deployment rover.

CEXlblH.png

After decoupling the booster stage, the payload is ready to dock with the transfer stage.

wrnRY6u.png

The transfer stage is launched separately because Project Odyssey is loosely based on the Constellation "Return to Mars" missions.

xlbe1jr.png

The transfer stage is released from inside its own fairing and then spins around to locate and dock with the payload section.

r3X74Yw.png

Cob448E.png

Once completed, the single craft would now head to Duna. In our case, we're doing a reference mission on the Mun first.

IPKAowN.png

Meanwhile, in Svetlana's home alternate universe (watch episode 18!) Sergei is demanding progress.

BwWIBU2.png

He contacts the ship Mother Bird to see if they have made contact with Raptor I yet.

zDBGEBO.png

They report that they do have Raptor I in their sights.

ERpqYun.png

Raptor I is going to test a cloaking device that will be used to sneak around our new universe undetected.

jLOAV9R.png

Counting down to test activation...

Ucm8BdZ.png

Payload doors are opened, exposing the cloaking device to space for the test. Moments later, they disappear. Test successful!

QceySqt.png

Back in our dimension, the Kethane Lander has reached the Mun and is deploying.

oHgF1qg.png

cMyQaXf.png

It looks for a good Kethane-rich spot to land.

Nc57J6A.png

Another success!

MD7es2Q.png

The deployment rover is set on the surface.

LuY0IN2.png

It's ready to get to work with its robotic arm and winch.

CbImWJy.png

The first thing it pulls down is the Kethane refinery.

7nmLfKr.png

It places the refinery toward the front of the LZ.

QAUhe3d.png

We are facing some communication problems, so Svetlana goes up early to make repairs at the Kethane Base.

WDmr2ps.png

This launch contains a lander and return capsule, very Apollo-like.

fUqSYCu.png

The capsule is deployed first.

XwnPzW5.png

It spins and docks to the lander.

Jk0tq95.png

They head off to the Mun and leave behind the spent stage.

GHkoRzz.png

Watch as the saga continues!

Edited by Felbourn

Svetlana captures a low orbit around the Mun, and notices the Kethane Mun base just happens to be only minutes away under her.

sb5FM6J.png

She immediately begins her retro burn for a landing at the base.

tFT14l2.png

She lands very near the main lander at the southern end of the base.

ya8f6e5.png

She's able to get the rover going again after a few repairs, but it has been hard work.

DojgFKd.png

The rover places down the Kethane drill.

IZhtpVT.png

It then goes back to get the large battery module.

gKIxP5D.png

Svetlana has hooked it all together with pipes.

597Pl2H.png

alg0xYn.png

In the alternate dimension, Raptor 1 is ready to return home.

jG3ZsoO.png

Captain Komalak gets a call from Mission Control.

dPcqLEY.png

They want to know how the cloaking test went.

CRn0QPO.png

Komalak goes to the engine room to check in with the Chief Engineer. He meets Rhea along the way and they chat about their progress.

AXMNDgi.png

Komalak then continues on the engine room.

HOb6ZYV.png

He asks the Chief Engineer if he can get them home a little sooner than usual.

benNp6d.png

The chief agrees.

DBnHJIj.png

Back at the Mun, Svetlana is having a lot of issues with the Mun base and it may need to be abandoned.

This is a big episode, so I'll be breaking it up over a few days.

In the alternate dimension, "Mother Bird" is overseeing the cloaking tests and getting ready to head back to Kerbin.

5xs2wHT.png

"Raptor I" has been ordered to return as soon as possible.

kGFnNNZ.png

Captain Komalak is on the bridge, receiving his orders from "Eagle Base."

SgTcXlQ.png

Back in our dimension, Svetlana continues to assemble the Mun Base.

iEamPJi.png

She's having trouble with the fuel pumps.

YsqLjJh.png

At the same time, one of the Duna missions has done a mid-course correction and brought its orbit very close to Ike. We'll be able to use Ike's gravity to help us slow down once we get there.

cJJUasJ.png

Back at the Mun Base, Svetlana has decided to abandon the repair attempts for now. It's as good as it's going to get.

5MDzSHM.png

She heads up to her waiting Hydra II, and prepares to return to Kerbin.

j25B3ks.png

Episode 21 to be continued...

I know what causes the null reference exception, I had the same issue: It's the landing legs from AIES.

Be carefull, because it also can result in spontanously disapearing of the vessel itself by just going to the tracking station. That was actually happend with my first LEM too. That's why I don't use them. It's sad, because they look much better than stock landing legs.

Someone told me it can only be fixed in the 3D-model itself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.