Do you have a Forgotten planet?

rocket11

I've sent probes to all of the planets and moons at least once. I've sent manned missions to every planet except Moho, and every moon except Gilly, which would make them my most neglected bodies. Most of my activity outside of the Kerbin system tends to focus on Duna and Laythe.

I never visit Eeloo, after losing 3 kerbals there in a freak accident involving the spacebar. I may return there one day, but only with probes. I can't afford to leave kerbals stranded everywhere.

Eve however...

I'd almost completely forgot about Alderaan. It used to orbit between Kerbin and Duna, but it got removed and now they put the asteroids there instead.

I KNEW Mimas was up to something!

Mimas_moon.jpg

Anyway, my neglected planet is Jool. Actually, the whole subsystem. I landed on Moho before I visited it.

Probably Tylo and Eeloo.

I've been to every planet/moon in the system, but I haven't visited those 2 bodies in a very long long.

I also have a hatred of Moho, and haven't been there for a while. Every mission I send there seems to fail, due to me underestimating the delta-v requirements.

I have never been to Eeloo because I'm too impatient to wait for the right phase angle. Even at full time warp it just crawls around the sun.

GusTurbo, there should be a phase angle at least once-a-Kerbin-year. :sticktongue:

Since Kerbin orbits MUCH faster than Eeloo (to our sense of time, at least), simply wait until Kerbin is positioned right relative to Eelooo. The high inclination of Eeloo's orbit relative to Kerbin might be difficult, though. Have fun, though I've never been to Eeloo so I can't say much. :)

Edited by Woopert

• 9 months later...

While I have been to Laythe once and I honestly do not find it that appealing, there needs to be a bit more land mass on its surface. On the flip side I like Bop and Pol, still working on Tylo and Val to complete the set :D.

Moons: Bop, Pol...

I go to gilly for low grav fun.. but those two... sounds just like a lumpy minmus... meh

Planets: Dres... I thought about going to it a few times... got distracted by other things before the launch window (I should do a sandbox mission there tomorrow, with nothing else going on) - it seems just like a mun landing, except harder to get to.

Eeloo: same as dres

Jool: I've never actually gone to low orbit around jool, I do my aerobrakes at laythe (if they implement reentry heat, this may have to change)

Moho I went for the challenge (Plus frequent launch windows)

Eve I went for the challenge

-Gilly I went because I was already in the area

Duna I went for the fun

-Ike I went because I was in the area

Laythe I went for the fun

Tylo I went for the challenge

Vall: I've entered its SOI on flybys...

I made a Jool 4 mission(all except laythe), and got it into orbit... but a new release came out, and I never got around to the launch window and sending up the crew (I don't like to leave them sitting in LKO for months on end)

I'll have to say Moho. I have been to everywhere and returned with Kerbals, and Moho and Eeloo are tied for last at once each. But Moho is the only place I haven't been stock. Not that I couldn't do it, just that it's rather uninteresting compared to the difficulty of getting there. My mission that did go there was an all-chemical (no nukes) Apollo style mission that used KW Rocketry for its large rocket parts. I should go again and explore the Mohole, though, now that it's its own biome.

I've been to Dres twice, mostly because I had to send a second mission to rescue the first guy.

Duna is probably my favorite and most visited aside from the Mun and Minmus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.