[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I hesitate between releasing a new version now or wait for version 0.25

Just now I'm quite busy in my real life but KSP remains as a priority in my leisure.

I would wait for .25, what would be the point of releasing an update just to have do another one in a week.

• 2 weeks later...

My bad, EVE 7-4 seems to work very well in 0.25, the problem comes with the texture management mod (atm I don't know if this problem comes from the mod or comes with the change of the names in the new version). Right now I can run KSPRC using the Texture Replacer compression, but I don't know if this will be possible for people with not so much RAM as me.

I still working in new or better textures for tanks and other pieces, skybox improvement, (estetic) rings for Jool (probably with KittopiaSpace, until EVE reaches that goal), a own light flare, new planet effects, and other minor adjustments.

If you have any nice idea, I'm all ears. Thanks all!

Since ATM doesnt work with 0.25, i use opengl and the game loads fine. I got a lot of other mods too and get a visit from the kraken while in flight over kerbin, not sure which one does that yet, EVE is one of the suspects...

ATM 7-4 (the stable and "official" version) works perfectly... 9-2 is a dev version and yes, is very promising and have a lot of improvements, but have some issues yet... and you can only tweak Kerbin, so is not valid for KSPRC.

Meanwhile I'm still working with 7-4 EVE, probably even for the new release of KSPRC.

I try to not push to rbray89 too much, I respect his work a lot... EVE, is with TR from Shaw, my favorite mods. Both, for me, improves the visual game experience in the highest ways that KSP can handle atm. And the development of a mod like EVE is quite hard for only one person, IMHO. I think the modders work better with support from the community and with fun with his works than under the hype pressure about his creations. :wink:

I don't want to be "that guy" but how long until .25 release?

I'd say Proot will need to wait until at least all his dependencies for his pack have updated. After that, he'll likely need some testing and tweaking done before he will release.

Patience, young padawan, patience.

Is .23.5 the latest version of this? I am running KSP .24 and if I use the newest version of RealSolarSystem the planet textures are screwed up but if I drop down to .23 for RSS a handful of textures are working but others aren't. If this is the latest version is there a rough estimate on when it will be updated?

Sun flare done! :) The result is quite good!

Now, Im trying to know why some parts reacts so bad to my new normal maps (some parts works well, like the mk1-2 pod, but others need some other kind of (gray?) normal :P)

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

Grayscale sounds like a height map rather than a normal map, I didn't think KSP even used those?

Did KSP use heightmaps at some point in the past and those parts are old enough to use what is now a legacy shader? (still there in game, but we can't select it any more via the part tools)

Unity stores normal maps in a different format than what you're used to. You need to either replace the map with an mbm (with the "is normal map" flag set) or replace it with a filename that ends in _NRM before the extension, like mytexture_NRM.png

Or use ATM and tell it it's a normal map.

Unity stores normal maps in a different format than what you're used to. You need to either replace the map with an mbm (with the "is normal map" flag set) or replace it with a filename that ends in _NRM before the extension, like mytexture_NRM.png

I replace the textures with Texture Replacer, so your info is fantastic, but the solution is not so easy with archives where the normal map is originally called "model001". :(

That's not accurate. All files ending with "NRM", not only "_NRM", are converted to Unity normal maps.

Is everybody else having odd issues with helmets disappearing and reappearing with .25? With a craft on the launchpad, they don't have their helmets on. As soon as it launches though, they appear. Usually once I reach space, they disappear again until I EVA and reenter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.