[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Please, can someone provide me a correct word to use instead "dependency"?

While I fix this I want to avoid this problem again.

I almost hate to say it, but "dependency" is the right word; at the top level, you *do* need the listed mods in order for the Compilation to work. ;)

Any mod user can easily poke into the archives and notice that yes, it's quite easy to *not* install certain components, but the compilation is still quite dependent on those original mods in order to work. There are semantic arguments for and against documenting every possible use and miss-installation of your mod, Proot, but you can't cover every use case.

Maybe a small "*caveat: advanced installers may choose to *not* install certain components if they do not use the supporting mod" but in my mind, the people that would be selectively installing parts of a mod wouldn't need to be told that anyway. ;)

Cheers and thank you for this beautiful project!

Maybe a small "*caveat: advanced installers may choose to *not* install certain components if they do not use the supporting mod" but in my mind, the people that would be selectively installing parts of a mod wouldn't need to be told that anyway. ;)

It's worth saying. As I laid-out in my posts, it's possible, though unlikely, that he really did mean everything is required for even one bit of the pack to function. Unlikely, and quite apparent to be untrue while looking at the pack, but many people won't be able to do that so it shouldn't be taken for granted (either you're reading it on a mobile phone, or have a slow-as-molasses internet connection, or something else).

Proot: I'd suggest just adding a short line after each dependency you list. For example: Instead of just "Environmental Visual Enhancements", say "Environmental Visual Enhancements (Required for planet atmospheres and clouds.)". That gets across useful information, while also implicitly telling people that if they can forgo installing EVE but miss-out on the pretty atmospheres and clouds you add.

Edit: You can see this kind of clarity on the ALCOR page. Alexustas lists all the dependencies, but also what part of the mod they are for. A user can then easily infer that not installing say, in this case, ScanSat and ScanSatRPM, would lead to not being able to see maps in IVA. Could still use the pod though. You needn't make a pretty chart. As I said a simple "Required for [feature]" would serve to clear things up.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Proot one question: How would I go to replace the squad textures using yours instead of using TextureReplacer? Kind of like how blackheart does it with the engines? I want to know how to do it this way because there are some mods that I use that use squad's textures and it's a pain setting the config for each part to point to texture replacer for the textures. :)

Proot one question: How would I go to replace the squad textures using yours instead of using TextureReplacer? Kind of like how blackheart does it with the engines? I want to know how to do it this way because there are some mods that I use that use squad's textures and it's a pain setting the config for each part to point to texture replacer for the textures. :)

If you mean over-writing the textures...well it's just that easy. Go to the Squad folder and for each part you want to replace textures for, replace them with Proot's. No config-finagling required at that point, although, the process is inherently a very bad idea because of how difficult it would be to reverse it.

I'd suggest instead using a Module Manager patch to adjust the configs for them all to point to the default location of Proot's textures, for two reasons. The first is that there's no file management of each part necessary to make it work, and undoing or fixing your changes is easy. The second is that it's much more future-proof. If Squad changes their configs any changes you make won't be overwritten.

I like both suggestions ("framework mods" and the side notes for each mod). That is like this will be done.

Blackheart was using a "brute replacement", as phoenix says. I'm using that pack in TR with only a little problem with the poddle, where I've done a "brute" change of the original texture (for the moment).

Proot, I fixed the problem!

I didn't have to uninstall everything and reinstall everything either. It turned out to be command modules from the Goodspeed Aerospace Parts, specifically the command modules. I remembered I installed the mod about the same time I started to notice these problems and looked into their config files. They almost all rely on Squad stock textures for their own textures. I have no idea how, but they were causing problems on the replaced texture while appearing normal themselves. After I deleted the offending parts, the stock capsules have your replacement textures again!

BTW, if you play with KSPRC, please, make me happy: send your best captures!

I want to do an album under the OP with the best ones. :)

13902574487_425582102f_b.jpg

I love that one, as it could on first glance be mistaken for something real from the Apollo-era

14089171455_52ee1ea029_b.jpg

13942865300_f1322396ac_b.jpg

13902605720_461d474334_b.jpg

Awesome :)

Simple question to Proot - which folder should I delete if I want vanilla textures for parts back (due to KSPRC conflict with LLL_SXT)?

Don't know if Proot is available to answer right now or not, but his part changes can be found in: GameData\TextureReplacer\Default\Squad\Parts. Each is then catagorized from there, so you should be able to remove ONLY those items that are an issue if you wish.

I believe you should be able to get rid of the reskinned parts by just removing this folder. I don't believe there are any .cfg files to change, but Proot would know much better regarding that.

Edit: Ninjad!

Awesome :)

Simple question to Proot - which folder should I delete if I want vanilla textures for parts back (due to KSPRC conflict with LLL_SXT)?

As FenrirWolf said it's under texture replacer. The actual folder will be clearly labelled as Squad. That's the only bits you want to remove and there's nothing else in the folder that the mod relies on so you can just take that whole folder out

I've noticed that too and I do find it kind of jarring. But I don't know if that's because stock presents an unrealistic portrayal of how an earth-like planet looks from space and I'm not used to a better approximation, or if it really is too heavy on the blue

Hi, I really want this mod. However, I am not a complete fan of the stock part textures. I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already, and I don't want to have to sort through folders afterwards, but where are they so I don't have to use them?

Hi, I really want this mod. However, I am not a complete fan of the stock part textures. I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already, and I don't want to have to sort through folders afterwards, but where are they so I don't have to use them?

TextureReplacer\Default\Squad\Parts is where you'll find the stock replacement textures. Delete that folder and the stock replacement textures are gone.

P.S. your answer was literally between 3 and 6 posts above your own...

I'd love to use this, looks nicer than BA4, but the dependencies are just crazy.

I can understand ATM and EVE but the rest should be down to individual choice.

Hot Rockets and Cool Rockets both have too many issues, the latest chatterer doesn't work as well as the really old version i'm already using and Soundtrack Editor is just putting more crap into the game that I don't want, I don't listen to the music.

Dependencies should be as minimal as possible, not forcing everyone to have exactly the same mod list.

The solution's simple enough: don't install the dependencies and don't copy over KSPRC's configs. KSP modding makes it really easy to pick an choose what you want.

I'd love to use this, looks nicer than BA4, but the dependencies are just crazy.

Hot Rockets and Cool Rockets both have too many issues, the latest chatterer doesn't work as well as the really old version i'm already using and Soundtrack Editor is just putting more crap into the game that I don't want, I don't listen to the music.

Dependencies should be as minimal as possible, not forcing everyone to have exactly the same mod list.

If you don't want them take them out, I dropped the music hell, I can't hear lol which save me some ram so, I could run Hotrockets and coolRockets and drop chatter like, I said can't hear but all in all he did a Great Job with it all thanks.

Edit- most all of it is Recommended but for the most part to me the top 4 would be Dependencies

Edited by Mecripp2

Look through the past six pages or so. It's been discussed at length.

If you don't want them take them out, I dropped the music hell, I can't hear lol which save me some ram so, I could run Hotrockets and coolRockets and drop chatter like, I said can't hear but all in all he did a Great Job with it all thanks.

Edit- most all of it is Recommended but for the most part to me the top 4 would be Dependencies

Ah that's good to know, thanks

I'll give it a shot

Look through the past six pages or so. It's been discussed at length.

ok, thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.