[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Hi Proot. Just wanted to stop in and say I'm enjoying the pack so far. I installed it today, and it seems to be working just fine, except for the sun flare. Adding this seems to delete some textures from the game, like the loading texture when loading the game, a save, etc.

I've got a bit of feedback for when you release a new version, in case it's useful:

- I've also used Astronomer's pack, and really liked the way he did the installation process. There are a few things in the KSPRC pack that I didn't want to use, and in order to keep them from being added I had to go through the files and look for them individually. Perhaps next time allow more customization when installing. I'd prefer a step process like Astronomer's: Steps going from most to least important, and indicating what piece is.

- One slightly more important thing would be that your pack includes to plugin files of the mod it uses. This means that when I have the most recent version of a mod, say EVE, installed, simply dragging and dropping the folders into my GameData folder will revert it back to the version in which the pack was released. In the future, I'd like to see only the changed files being included. That way installing the pack won't change the mod's version.

It's just personal opinion, of course. I figured it'd be useful to post any feedback I had though. Keep up the good work, and take your time! Don't feel pressured to release it before you're ready to do so.

Edited by Pingonaut

Hi Proot. Just wanted to stop in and say I'm enjoying the pack so far. I installed it today, and it seems to be working just fine, except for the sun flare. Adding this seems to delete some textures from the game, like the loading texture when loading the game, a save, etc.

I've got a bit of feedback for when you release a new version, in case it's useful:

- I've also used Astronomer's pack, and really liked the way he did the installation process. There are a few things in the KSPRC pack that I didn't want to use, and in order to keep them from being added I had to go through the files and look for them individually. Perhaps next time allow more customization when installing. I'd prefer a step process like Astronomer's: Steps going from most to least important, and indicating what piece is.

- One slightly more important thing would be that your pack includes to plugin files of the mod it uses. This means that when I have the most recent version of a mod, say EVE, installed, simply dragging and dropping the folders into my GameData folder will revert it back to the version in which the pack was released. In the future, I'd like to see only the changed files being included. That way installing the pack won't change the mod's version.

It's just personal opinion, of course. I figured it'd be useful to post any feedback I had though. Keep up the good work, and take your time! Don't feel pressured to release it before you're ready to do so.

I'm very glad you enjoy it.

That was the old method to install KSPRC. I did a poll, a few versions ago, to see which new features likes the people. "Easier installs" won, by much... sorry.

You can always choose which folders install, which is easier than get all running at the first try (for most of the people).

As I've said some time before: rip the pack/compilation is harder that it looks.

The complexity is growing a lot and all it's thinked to work together: put something off can make things look truly weird in some cases. Much more in the incoming version. Especially in the new environments.

Oh, and the mod includes all the plugins. For 0.90 version (as is indicated in the thread title), of course.

If you want just some features, since this is a "compilation"... maybe is better for you to use the base mods, instead this whole pack?

Anyways I'm waiting now for a new announced feature of CKAN: to be able of overwriting files or just update the base plugins of a mod.

hey i'm sorry to ask such a noob question but is this compatible with 1.0.2 ? it dosnt say so anywhere, so I suppose its not :(

Hi, update the mods in proots pack that need updating, don't install the ksp_data folder, as this will not work.

Step by step, install gamedata folder from proots mod, do not install ksp_data folder, then just update the mods that need updating, texture replacer, planetshine, any others that the mini avc tells you need updating, just install those over the proots files, don't delete the old ones as you will want to keep proots .cfg files. Especially in texture replacer. Ignore real solar system as this does not work at the moment (it was used to get rid of the white horizon i believe).

hey i'm sorry to ask such a noob question but is this compatible with 1.0.2 ? it dosnt say so anywhere, so I suppose its not :(

Long answer to that xD. To some things up yes you can get KSPRC working in 1.0.2 if you update its dependencies individually.

As far as I know, and as I do it always, the first thing in every Add-On title thread in the forums is the game version for what is working this addon.

In this case, as you can see in the title: [0.90] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.2] (18-04-15)

So, 0.90 is the version for what was designed this mod.

Anyways, you can still using very much of this mod in the actual version, by updating the base plugins. Search a bit, some messages ago a pair of users posted the way to do it.

The incoming version is working with some new mods (Three of them still WIP), and is not just a porting of my old settings. On the contrary, in the next KSPRC the 85-90% of the contents are new. I'm just keeping the best textures from current version (almost all parts). But the environmental is completely new.

That is why the next version is dilating so much. But there is not a new day without a new advance and improvement.

I'm pretty sure that next version will be a huge graphic milestone.

Just with the new sky box, I myself have goosebumps sometimes...

Just a quick question: Are the bodies of the command capsules supposed to be so gosh darn shiny? Obviously the windows are, but the entire part is reflecting for me. It looks pretty, but the fact that the fuel tanks and the like aren't shiny makes me feel like there was an error in installation or a file I didn't edit. How might I go about altering this if I am able to do so at all?

I understand this is outdated and will be getting revamped relatively soon, but I want to make sure there isn't some quick fix in the mean time. Keep up the fantastic work!

Somehow I am having trouble with finding what I am looking for - I really only want a not to cloudy Kerbin, dust on Duna, wisps on Laythe, thick atmosphere on Eve, layered Jool and mist on Minmus - I had all this once, but not wanting to install everything makes it difficult right now ... :huh:

You should defnitly try this pack and if you dont like it you should check out the "Better Atmospheres" pack.

I like it! I am just got into performance trouble last time I used all of it ...

@KerbMav - What do you mean exactly?

I am to dumb right now to pick the right configs for EVE to just get the cloud layers I once had.

Somehow I am having trouble with finding what I am looking for - I really only want a not to cloudy Kerbin, dust on Duna, wisps on Laythe, thick atmosphere on Eve, layered Jool and mist on Minmus - I had all this once, but not wanting to install everything makes it difficult right now ... :huh:

All of that sounds like the stuff that was prevalent in the AVP pack...can't remember if it was Oblivion, or which one, but look for Astronomers Visual Pack...

Personally, KSPRC has all that, with a great look and from my experience, a smoother ride. I obsess over performance and memory usage and KSPRC was/is one of the best :)

Hey Guys I need your help here.

The visor reflection seems to vary depending on the commandpod. Sometimes the helmet is disabled and sometimes the reflection on the helmet is different.

I made a testcraft and loaded it with kerbals to show you what I mean.

My KSP 1.0.2 is modded and from all the pods available only those ones have a helmet enabled after the craft is off the ground:

mk2 landercan, mk1 commandpod, mk1 landercan, mk1-2commandpod and the ppd12 cupola module

VNOZK5W.png

And the reflection on the main menu looks terrible too! (Square sun reflection, reflection way too opaque :/ )

JPOrKa3.png

Now my question:

Where and what do I have to edit to select that? I would prefer to have the helmets disabled while the kerbal is inside a commandpod.

But I really would love a more detailed explanation about how the reflection works in this regard.

I already searched the web and this forum but couldn't find a solution to this or maybe I couldn't reproduce it properly.

I posted this in the TextureReplacer thread too but they pointed out that this is a KSPRC thing.

Maybe you are smarter than me and help me figure it out (^^)

Hey Guys I need your help here.

The visor reflection seems to vary depending on the commandpod. Sometimes the helmet is disabled and sometimes the reflection on the helmet is different.

I made a testcraft and loaded it with kerbals to show you what I mean.

My KSP 1.0.2 is modded and from all the pods available only those ones have a helmet enabled after the craft is off the ground:

mk2 landercan, mk1 commandpod, mk1 landercan, mk1-2commandpod and the ppd12 cupola module

http://i.imgur.com/VNOZK5W.png

And the reflection on the main menu looks terrible too! (Square sun reflection, reflection way too opaque :/ )

http://i.imgur.com/JPOrKa3.png

Now my question:

Where and what do I have to edit to select that? I would prefer to have the helmets disabled while the kerbal is inside a commandpod.

But I really would love a more detailed explanation about how the reflection works in this regard.

I already searched the web and this forum but couldn't find a solution to this or maybe I couldn't reproduce it properly.

I posted this in the TextureReplacer thread too but they pointed out that this is a KSPRC thing.

Maybe you are smarter than me and help me figure it out (^^)

Reflection's feature from Texture Replacer is relatively new. Before current real time reflections we had fake reflections created from a small skybox, and before that none reflection at all (just textures for visors). So, depending on the scene and the configs, you can see one or another of this possibilities.

If you use KSPRC you have: real reflections for kerbal's visors by default, fake reflections (you can turn it on, just if you don't want the real ones), and visors for inside the pods.

Real/fake reflections can't work for visors inside the pods. So, to not leave just transparent visors like in stock, I did a visor texture which tries to mimic the loading screen. Depending on the pod and the illumination of the scene, the effect looks better or worst.

Something similar happens in the start scene: real and fake reflections can't be enabled in that scene, so in that moment you see the visors just like in the first versions of TR (+KSPRC). So you only see the visor texture, with the stock reflection effect. (They are some similar bugs, coming from stock, like Val's without helmet glass in the start scene.

Edited by Proot

Thank you for the explanation about the visor reflections Proot!

Is there a way for me to enable or disable the reflection in pods in general?

Or even determine if a helmet is used in a (specific) pod?

just removing your "visor texture which tries to mimic the loading screen" would work for me too. :)

Thank you for the explanation about the visor reflections Proot!

Is there a way for me to enable or disable the reflection in pods in general?

Or even determine if a helmet is used in a (specific) pod?

just removing your "visor texture which tries to mimic the loading screen" would work for me too. :)

The TR config file for KSPRC is inside "GameData/TextureReplacer". The texture is "kerbalVisor.dds" and it's inside "GameData/TextureReplacer/Default".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.