Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

1. Most of the time, I use cheats. ALL the cheats. Well, besides the ore map thing and part clipping (sometimes). In other words, the ones that make your vehicles amazing...ly better because they usually suck.

2. I can't use manoeuvre nodes

3. I was once dumb enough to try and land a plane on the Mun (532m/s impact) and on Duna, where there isn't sufficient speed to slow down (279m/s impact).

I never cheat.......

Ohhhh..... there was a disturbance in the force, I felt it, it was like 1 million Kerbals were laughing at me and yelling out "yeah, right..."

:(

I swear..... I do not.... cheat... I merely enhance the game slightly...

Good, they didn't hear me that time.

• 4 weeks later...

My solution to Duna landings is to carry hundreds (possibly literally) of parachutes.

I never have more than one mission active at a time, making me miss loads of transfer windows.

I have left Kerbals in orbit for about 1.5 years simply waiting for transfer windows.

Screenshots I take are always in 3rd person so the viewer can tell what's going on more easily. They are not a reflection of my flight preferences. I can't fly very well without IVA/RasterPropMonitor. Lining up for runway landings is something I've never succeeded at without the help of NavUtilities.

As amazing as the KSP theme is, I always turn the music off. I can't stand the few, repeated, subdued tracks for space, loath the construction themes...usually I just put on an audiobook or an album or something.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Removed profanity.

Once I've got all the infrastructure in place (ISRU successfully drilling, lifter ship capable of making the run down and back up, refueling station in orbit) and tested (one trip down and up with the lifter, including all docking on both ends) I have no qualms about filling the LOX and monoprop in my refueling stations via Hyperedit.

I have never made an interplanetary intercept without MechJeb.

I always use KER for designing my rockets. I couldn't assess my deltaV stats without it and would probably build rockets that run out of fuel half way or come back with the tanks half full.

I have never so much as attempted an Eve return mission.

Savescumming and Revertscumming, ALL of it...all the time.

In my most recent career, I have landed three probes and a rover on Duna, but I've only been to the moon once and it was unmanned.

I don't blame you, the Mun is extraordinarily boring and with Minmus around there are very few reasons to visit it twice.

As amazing as the KSP theme is, I always turn the music off. I can't stand the few, repeated, subdued tracks for space, loath the construction themes...usually I just put on an audiobook or an album or something.
Play the FTL soundtrack by Ben Prunty, it fits KSP just as well as it fits FTL!

Since 1.0.4 I have finally started using mod-F12

I frequently use it to turn on thermal details so I can more closely track my heat status(I also tend to use F11 during most long burns with Atomic Age engines)

Not only did I use F9 numerous times, but I finally had to revert to a backed-up save to get far enough back to have my first Duna lander capture at Duna(small fuel tank and large ore tanks apparently mean you need to burn early and often for braking) Finally landed with 180m/s remaining(thanks to lots of air-brakes and some parachutes).

When a phantom thrust cut my Duna intercept from 210 days to 160 days, I corrected the trajectory and kept the bonus speed(same mission as above, so it almost cost me the mission)

I have only one part mod: Parameciumkid's jump drive. So, after unlocking it n the Tech Tree, i basically stopped using launchers, and just tossed the thing with a warp drive into the air, and warped into orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.