Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

I frequently use nuclear/fission/fusion/antimatter engines in atmosphere, and above KSC, despite my numerous attempts and statements not to do so.

I once hyperedited a satellite back into Kerbin orbit for some dish re-alignment/RTG install after I realize the satellite was improperly linked and underpowered, and i didn't want the expensive hassle of launching a new one (or sending a crew to fix it.)

I've accidentally hit EVA during atmo re-entry and caused more than 1 Kerbal to spontaneously skydive.

I once abused timewarp shifting to keep sufficient electrical power for one of my capsules which had no panels (oops) but used TAC lifesupport.

Various staging accidents where powerful boosters (or air-fed fusion turbojets) were fired and decoupled at the same time.

I've decoupled active boosters and tried to intercept them from KSC with suitably nimble aircraft. Just to see if I could. The booster was manned.

Tried to get Bob in Mun orbit using only his jetpac (there wasn't any working vehicle available anyway).

Jeb would tell everyone that his friend did it for science. And learned things.

... he almost made it. Actually I thought he was going to make it ...

... Kerbals can survive a strong impact. But not *that* strong...

Had to get out and push the lander home.... from Minmus. What's worse is the lander ran out on a suborbital trajectory....

My first SSTO landed upside-down after issues with the abort system. It also had about 20 intakes for one turbojet engine.

I place girders all over my first stages as a safeguard against the decoupler bug.

...I'm frankly amazed my Kerbals have survived this long, really.

So far, I killed 29 kerbals in my space program.

Strangely, all of those deaths

Occurred during testing a plane (or a spaceplane): when I use a capsule I alway use an abort system but when it come to planes, there is none(except for ONE plane which use parachutes to avoid crashes).

The worst is that I don't even care about those deaths.

I've build a ScanSat-Satellite destined for the Moon in RSS: A 1.5m Probe Core, an antenna on the Center of it and four 200 charge batteries around that antenna, to have enough power to support the equipment.

It went exceptionally well. I messed up the ascent a bit, but that turned out to be perfect, because the capture i got from the moon saved me at least 2k of delta-v for a polar orbit. However, as i went for a nice looking screenshot, i noticed that the texture of said batteries formed a.. perfect swastika. Had about 1k delta-v left for adjusting orbits (telemetry is out of range when you do biome scans), so i figured it probably will never work again. therefor i actually finished the mission before i smashed it into the back of the moon (via fuel cheats).

Im now waiting for a Wernher Kerman to blame someone else for that design.

I stranded my kerbals on duna so I evad all of them out and took the science away so I could fly the ship a few hundred kilometres away (no orbit possible) and then got some science, transmitted it and crashed the probe purposely. I then sent Jeb over to rescue them, but he ran out of fuel and had to settle with some low sun science and a great tan.

I deployed the 'chutes in a returning vehicle with a couple Material Science experiments... And forgot to get out of time warp. RIP Mandell Kerman.

Oh, and BTW, because those experiments really should have landed safely -and I'm desperate for some TAC-LS recyclers, how can I add 200 science to my savefile?

All of my airplanes are designed so that in the event of a rough landing, the rest of the ship is designed to explode in a (mostly) controlled manner, slowing down the cockpit so it does not explodify upon "lithobraking".

That is actually ingenious engineering. And quite thoughtful of you, I guess.

Forgive me Kraken for I have sinned.

I had a ksp bug with a ship so had to replace it with a new one - the bug was because of ksp not how I designed or used it so I felt fully justified creating a new one launching it and then copy and pasting it over every version of the bugged craft that I had in use.

What I really sinned on though was a build issue for a crane I built to move my munbase modules around - it worked perfectly fine on the ksc front yard but I didn't account for the fact that the lack of gravity on mun would change the shape of the cranes frame thus making it too high to get a lock on the docking port. I tweaked the design and normally (as it was my fault) I would launch a mission to send the replacement to mun. but with my new found knowledge on replacing craft files I replaced it in the persistence file and now the new crane is on the mun. :( I feel quite awful doing that!

I never lost a single Kerbal. If something fatal happens I revert/hit f9. I even backup my persistent and quick saves. No drama for me.

Also I once had a vessel with 12 science Kerbal slaves landing on Moho and MJ couldn't autoland it. So I used infinite fuel and descended with a vertical speed of 0.5 m/s for 3 km. Took me several hours. It's been 7 Kerbin years. They're still there and I never get around to bring them back.

Tried to get Bob in Mun orbit using only his jetpac (there wasn't any working vehicle available anyway).

Jeb would tell everyone that his friend did it for science. And learned things.

... he almost made it. Actually I thought he was going to make it ...

... Kerbals can survive a strong impact. But not *that* strong...

My sin is this in reverse...

Dilwise got stuck in the orbiting lab, instead of the lander craft (which had a backup probe controller), which meant that once the initial science on Mün was completed, I couldn't grab it and stow it in the capsule. I could have called it a mission success at that point, but I wanted more science!

So Dilwise Base-jumped from Münar orbit.

In all fairness, the impact wasn't THAT hard (only 30-40m/s), and he 'landed' about 1.2km from the craft, which was not bad for manual aiming with a jetpack.

How he survived I will never know. Good thing I brought a rover to pick him up and save the walk! :D

I have not played ksp other since .25 came out. I played that for an hour. Been bogged down with other games.

If you accept my repentance I pledge to play .90 and not update again until I've landed everywhere with at least a probe, something I've still not done yet.

Once I built a Jool probe in my Interstellar save. It was all very auspicious to start off with. I booted up the ion engine for a 2-hour burn. After much waiting, I completed it, and was on a good course for Jool.

But I forgot the radiators.

Thus, midway through the journey, the panels folded and it ran out of power.

Dammit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.