[0.24] SM Plane Parts Pack revival

lttito

SM-S Plane part pack contains 39 parts designed around a “stealth†look. Command pods, fuselages, engines, rcs, wings, control surfaces, asas, srbs and the list goes on. Compatible with 0.24. Mod Author and all credits to SasquatchM

This package contains ye olde SM-S Plane parts with some tweaking in the config files to make it 0.24 compatible. Also, some parameters are adjusted to make it more real.

Original thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/32347-SM-Aeronautics-Release-Thread

Some screenshots:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Licensing: (as licensed by mod author SasquatchM):

Distribute derivatives only with accreditation and please ask prior to release.

Download:

Dropbox

Also, config tweaks are welcome!

Edited by lttito
0.24 compatibility update

Aw, I'm bummed that I can't edit the textures for this mod. Used to use it ages ago, nice to see it back, but I can't deal with .mbm's and .mu's, and it's too much of a pain in the arse to convert them all.

I have an old PC (2GB ram quadCore) and I use Active Texture Management, and I also use B9, LLL and STX and some other mods and I can play reasonably well (sometimes it's a bit laggy if I have in scene 120+ parts ships. SasquatchM also said me he was planning to redo all models, but he hasn't much time for now.

What does it do that the command pod isn't already doing then?

I tried to maintain the original parts as much as possible, so command pod haven't sas. They have torque though. Yo only have to put one sas module to have sas

All the stock command pods have sas on them. Are you thinking of the ASAS which I believe doesn't do anything special anymore?

Yes, (except the external seat), and it's because all commands' configs have MODULE {ModuleSAS} on them. SM Commands, like some of firespitter's, don't have it, so may have torque, but SAS does not work unless you add a sas module.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.