Need parts inspiration

blizzy78

I've recently begun to get into Blender, and I'm having quite some fun. I've already did a first small KSP part, and now I'm wanting to do more. However, I'm not sure what to create next. I think it would be fun to do some modular stuff where players can mix and match.

So, I'm hereby soliciting ideas and inspiration from the player base :)

I've recently begun to get into Blender, and I'm having quite some fun. I've already did a first small KSP part, and now I'm wanting to do more. However, I'm not sure what to create next. I think it would be fun to do some modular stuff where players can mix and match.

So, I'm hereby soliciting ideas and inspiration from the player base :)

:) so soon ! What about your capital ship ?

If you're not afraid by something quite complicated to begin with, there is this wheel.

Well if you are taking requests :)

its not modular thing but something that i had in mind for some time

Large, 10m or evrn 20 m heatsield, used for aerobreaking motherships. Like on pegasus from bbc space odyssey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rQIKhWlGH8

http://thewesternlines.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/pegasus2.jpg

It woudl also be cool if it was somehow activly cooled, not ablative - multiple use, just replenish coolant after breaking and it woudl be relativly light weight compared to heavy ablative shields. But that woudl requre plugin.

Some orbital construction functionality woudl be cool too - how woudl you deliver such huge thing into orbit in one piece? Well its perfectly possible in ksp :)

But what i have in mind is some orbital workshop module and "shieldparts", if you dock workshop to your mothership, have enough "shieldparts" whole shield woudl magically appear in place where was previously "shield core" - part attached to mothership in vab - shield just cant appear anywhere after all.

Edited by kiwiak

What this game needs is a dedicated set of lander parts. Low-profile legs, base plates and such to mount scientific instruments.

Like this:

eR9jUpa.jpg

These are AIES parts. Sadly, these landing legs are broken badly - this lander can stay straight only at launchpad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.