Devnote Tuesdays: The "We're Going To Talk About Spaceport" Edition

SQUAD

From what I gather, the title of their panel is in reference to how KSP and the community have been expanding. It doesn't refer to anything currently being developed, so hopefully that can put an end to it there.

Apparently that didn't put an end to it. What about now?

Wait, no devnotes from HarvesteR?

#WHEREISHARVESTER

Same deal as about two weeks ago. He was busy and was unable to contribute a blurb at time of post. Though one thing I've seen him do this week is create backstories for the in-game companies and ask the team for input.

Woot! Please create something that will allow for install via a portal! Please! That would be so nice. Having to constantly walk users through the install process and debug improperly installed setups eats up a considerable amount of time.

Good idea. Maybe something that integrates with the KSP launcher?

it ould be cool to have it in the launcher, because the launcher has no real use ATM. I dont even use it, i run the game directly.

I find I use it quite a bit actually. It allows me to tweak things like my resolution without having to deal with ridiculous button placement and such, as I am often switching between a 42 inch 1080p HD TV screen, and my laptop screen, which is only 780p, and 15.5 inch. Among other things it also allows me to activate the AMD compatibility mode, which improves my framerate some.

I`d just like to be able to delete old spaceport addons, post addons and be told whether they uploaded ok, be able to remove spam comments from the comments section and browse the addons a little better.

A category system would be nice. Not tags, which only produce garbage (everyone always adds excessive tags), but categories such that a mod would only belong in one. Also, moderation should enforce addons being in a proper category (in particular, .craft files should all be booted to their own folder). That way, if you're looking for, say, a parts pack, then it's two clicks to get into parts/packs and have part packs only.​ You could have categories for historical replicas, stockalike, misc. packs (stuff like KW and NP), single parts, complete (but multipart) ships... All serious modding sites I know use this kind of system.

They're in minority. Usually, they'd go to misc. packs, since in most cases you need at least two parts to fill multiple categories. Otherwise, it should be possible to assign a category anyway, or have misc. category for things that just don't fit anywhere else.

I am very excited for the Contracts system. I do think that ARM added some great content, but I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed that it has taken nearly 6 months for the update from .23 to .24 :(

Thinking about it, it has been a while.

Mod uploaders get a warning after 1-2 months, saying that if they don't update/verify their mod, it will be deleted?

Not a good idea. Instead, just sort mods by the update date. Even if a mod is not updated, it can still work and be very useful.

I say this with the utmost respect: can we please get a real update this week that contains some actual substance -- it's been nearly 6 months since the last version and we know nothing about the .24 update other than the basic topic: contracts.

Not a good idea. Instead, just sort mods by the update date. Even if a mod is not updated, it can still work and be very useful.

Indeed. The last update to Quantum Struts was for 0.20 and barring tech tree integration (which is fixed by an easy cfg edit), they are still working fine in 0.23.5.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.