Kraken fix possible?

I have wanted ksp for a long time but after seeing the h kraken (please no foul language in this thread) with is 6s I'm concerned. I'm starting to think its intentional. Ill get the game if its removed. I hated the glitch from the start but now I'm just discusted with it. It looks like a fun game but this glitch looks intentional. I have done a private investigation of YouTube videos with the kraken and have reached a personal verdict that it is intentional. However, I wanted to post this before I decided to not get the game. Please share your thoughts.

This is kinda approaching a conspiracy theory. No, bugs are not "intentionally" coded in. Squad have been trying to pin that one down for a very long time.

There's no reason to think Squad have deliberately put bugs in KSP, no benefit they could gain by doing so. Yes the "Hell Kraken" is weird, but these things are often a result of different parts of the program interacting when they weren't meant to.

The Hell Kraken is harmless and can be fixed easily.

Coming to the conclusion it's intentional AND not buying it as a result is illogical to be honest.

Also all the evidence points against it being intentional, I can't figure out how you drew that conclusion.

Summary: Don't worry, the Hell Kraken is harmless and unintentional, as is a lot of KSP bugs. Also it isn't scary in any way, I would know.

Other Kraken instances exist, but you can revert to the start of each mission to fix it.

So you watched some YOUTUBE videos, and concluded your entire investigation based on that?

Yea, that's some primo evidence you have there buddy

It's funny how you don't want to buy it because of a single rare bug though. I've had this game since 0.20 now, and I've never seen it. Hell, I've never even had ANY bugs. I think the Kraken is ignoring me

PS: " h kraken (please no foul language in this thread) " Wut?

Are you implying that hell is foul language? Since when?

PS: " h kraken (please no foul language in this thread) " Wut?

Are you implying that hell is foul language? Since when?

In some (mostly religious) groups it is considered foul language :)

Back on topic though!

In some (mostly religious) groups it is considered foul language :)

Back on topic though!

Likewise 666 - number of the Beast and all that. I think that is OP's problem here - not the fact there's a bug but the fact it causes the altimeter to show all sixes. I would be astonished if that was at all deliberate though.

So basically you've come to the verdict that every physics-related bug in every game ever made is intentional.

I see...

The only obviously intentional part of the kraken-related bugs is the 666666 on the altimeter, or at least it would seem that way because the chances of it actually doing that without coding are about as close to 0 as makes no difference and it's the same number every time.

If you're insulted by that then...eh...I'd say accusing a game developer of intentionally including the worst bug in their game is worse than a number wrapped in conspiracy.

Please remember that bugs are going to happen. It's a pre-release alpha game. Of course there are going to be bugs. Of course, in most of our experiences, such glitches don't happen very often, and watching YouTube videos won't conclude anything, because surely these people are trying to report the bug they've just had. Searching up "KSP Hell Kraken" will, of course, bring up possibly hundreds of videos, but that's not close to the true number of occurances, true number of players, or even a consistent glitch. It's all random chance, and no random chance event in an early access game should prevent you from buying it.

Even Steam or other people could tell you that "Early Access" equates to "Possibly Bug-Laden."

It's a conspiracy man! A conspiracy!

Werner is conspiring with the government to cover up Kerbal termination! When a kerbal knows too much, they send him into space, then blow him up, blaming a 'unstoppable Kraken attack'! I.. I'm getting outta here man!

:D

I don't see how it could even be intentional? The code running in the background basically falls into a self set trap where it attempts to divide by zero and hits a brick wall when it returns with something that isn't a number. Since the strings (correct? I'm no programmer) are expecting to receive a number this leaves them unable to do their job properly and the result is the Kraken. The reason it's happening is fairly straight forward but tracking it down is not necessarily. Squad are clearly very talented devs, as are a lot of the mod community here. If it was straight forward Squad would have found it. If Squad left it in intentionally some from the community would have probably stumbled across it and fixed it. It's not been fixed because currently it can't be until they figure out how.

The idea that a dev would leave a bug in a game intentionally (Goat Simulator not included) strikes me as ridiculous. If you were selling a product, would you intentionally break it before shipping it out? There's just no business logic and Squad have done enough in the past to have proven they have good business sense, even if this is their first outing in video games, it's far from their first outing as a business. I'm sure if they even tried to pull something like that Harvester would get grilled by the boss for shipping something intentionally broken. So no, I just don't see it as possible, and honestly it sounds like you're trying to create reasons for yourself not to buy it. Don't want it? Don't buy it, but don't accuse the devs of going out of their way to make bugs in the game when in reality they're working their asses off to squash the bugs while adding content and optimizing. That's a big challenge alone since it's not remotely similar to standard video game development processes which would typically allow you to focus on less at a time and leave optimization until the end. They're doing their best!

Yes, it's somewhat annoying, but it's not a game breaker by any means.

I don't believe that is OP's issue. It appears that OP has a religious objection to the bug (based on this: "after seeing the h kraken (please no foul language in this thread) with is 6s I'm concerned")

-not saying 'hell'

-being concerned with a series of several 6s in a row

Anyway, OP, what would be the purpose of intentionally coding such a bug? Also, what evidence has caused you to reject the null hypothesis - that the bug is just a bug - in favor of your theory?

Edited by Dkmdlb

Cough 616 is the number of the beast cough.

If you don't want to buy the game because of the hell kraken bug, don't buy it. It's a shame that you believe INIDE developers, who buy their food and water with the money they make from games would break a game for a laugh.

#completlylogic

The bug is not intentional. The number is happenstance. And since the question has been answered and this is not the place to comment on anyone's religious beliefs, it's time to close this thread and move on to other discussions.