[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

SCANSat I believe... Which one should I be using?

You should be using the SCANsatRPM folder included with SCANsat, if you overwrite that with the SCANsatRPM folder included with RPM then it won't work.

Is there a known issue with ScanSat not being compatible with TAC? Kerbal runs when I have ScanSat installed, and it runs when I have TAC installed, but it doesn't run when I have ScanSat and TAC installed.

Yes.

this is from the logs... maybe hlepful?

[ERR 22:56:34.832] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANsatRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SCANsatRPM.JSISCANsatRPM' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MapMarkupLine' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

a conflict with Kethane mod?

[WRN 22:57:34.421] [Kethane] Error inspecting assembly 'SCANsatRPM':

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kethane.MapOverlay.findToolbar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: removed Kethane to test, still the same as before

I am trying to understand what might be going on here. I think I may need you to upload your entire log somewhere and PM me the link.

A search with the error message:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANsatRPM':  System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module  cannot be loaded.

reveals some similar problems from last year with MechJebRPM, and Mihara of RPM fame telling a user to check to make sure only one RasterPropMonitor.dll is found anywhere inside GameData. While you're at it, please check to make sure that there is only one SCANsatRPM.dll found anywhere in GameData.

I think I can infer that the reason that JSISCANsatRPM and MapMarkupLine are the only things mentioned is that they are the only classes exported by SCANsatRPM.dll.

I suspect you must have two copies of one of these DLLs somewhere. A complete log (uploaded to some file sharing service) and/or a complete listing of the contents of your GameData directory would help.

edit: looking at the documentation for GetTypes(...), it seems like the only time it throws an exception is when an assembly is unavailable at the time GetTypes(...) is called. This further points to either duplicate DLLs or misplaced DLLs.

Edited by technogeeky

Is there a known issue with ScanSat not being compatible with TAC? Kerbal runs when I have ScanSat installed, and it runs when I have TAC installed, but it doesn't run when I have ScanSat and TAC installed.

I don't know why they would conflict, but I think I have seen logs with error messages from TAC before. Can you please upload your full log somewhere, and paste or PM me the link?

Double checked, it's SCANsatRPM from SCANsat, created 5/18/2014. still same problem.

Maybe we need some kind of standard reporting scheme for RPM problems.

Everyone should list which versions of each component they are using:

SCANsat

SCANsatRPM

RPM

MechJeb (if used)

MechJebRPM

and verify that everything is placed in the right location.

I've never had problems with RPM when everything is up-to-date and in the right location, but it's possible that there are still bugs or incompatibilities somewhere.

I've never had problems running TAC with SCANsat. Is it throwing error messages in the debug window (alt+F2), does any aspect of the two mods still work, is KSP crashing, or do the mods just not work?

And, to be even more clear, I have updated the GameData locations:

GameData Folder Structure

[TABLE=class: cms_table, width: 800]

[TR]

[TD]

• GameData
    • 000_Toolbar\...
    • JSI\...\RasterPropMonitor.dll
    • MechJeb2\...

• MechJeb2RPM\MechJeb2RPM.dll
    • SCANsat\SCANsat.dll
    • SCANsatRPM\SCANsatRPM.dll
    • ModuleManager.2.x.x.dll

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[*]
required for SCANsat in IVA glass cockpit, but otherwise optional. SCANsatRPM will not be loaded if it is not needed, so it is safe to install in either case.
SCANsatRPM must be installed exactly in GameData\SCANsatRPM
. This is required because of the alphabetical, depth-first search nature of Squad's plugin loader.

[**]
required for MechJeb in IVA glass cockpit. Currently, SCANsat does not interact with MechJeb but this may change in the future.

[†]
optional; required for adding SCANsat functionality to existing parts/pods/vessels/etc.

I am trying to understand what might be going on here. I think I may need you to upload your entire log somewhere and PM me the link.

A search with the error message:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANsatRPM':  System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module  cannot be loaded.

reveals some similar problems from last year with MechJebRPM, and Mihara of RPM fame telling a user to check to make sure only one RasterPropMonitor.dll is found anywhere inside GameData. While you're at it, please check to make sure that there is only one SCANsatRPM.dll found anywhere in GameData.

I think I can infer that the reason that JSISCANsatRPM and MapMarkupLine are the only things mentioned is that they are the only classes exported by SCANsatRPM.dll.

I suspect you must have two copies of one of these DLLs somewhere. A complete log (uploaded to some file sharing service) and/or a complete listing of the contents of your GameData directory would help.

edit: looking at the documentation for GetTypes(...), it seems like the only time it throws an exception is when an assembly is unavailable at the time GetTypes(...) is called. This further points to either duplicate DLLs or misplaced DLLs.

I'll search for duplicates. I tested an instance of just SCANsat and RPM and everything works. so it's conflicting with something else I have. This helps narrowing it down the search. Thanks!

I know it's not directly your problem Majiir, but in case someone contacts you about the problem:

I had issue with SCANSat 0.6 and Kethane 0.8.6: many exceptions + non functional scanner. technogeeky already released an Update to the SCANSat 0.7 dev build which fixed the issue.

However, if others are still on the official 0.6 stable release they may suffer from the same problem when upgrading Kethane. Solution => use latest SCANSat 0.7 build.

Has anyone else had problems using SCANsat v0.6 with Kethane 0.8.6? They shouldn't interact.

The only way that I can see having problems is if someone updated to an earlier build of SCANsat v0.7, then downgraded back to 0.6 without actually deleting the SCANsat folder. The SCANsatKethane.dll would then remain and could cause problems.

EDIT: Nevermind... I derped in the installation (KSP/GameData/GameData/ScanSat...) Sorry ;.;

It's see that "Toolbar" cannot load the buttons of ScanSat

error.jpg

I checked the "Folder Structure" and it's ok

Anyway here's the rest of the mods that i install:

Toolbar-1.7.1

SCANsat_v6.0

KerbalAlarmClock 2.7.4.0

Targetron 1.3.4

DockingPortAlignment 3.1

Engineer Redux v0.6.2.4

EnhancedNavBall 1.2

ProcFairings 3.03

Protractor 2.4.52

RCSBuildAid 0.4.6

RealChute 1.1.0.1

Toolbar 1.7.1

I cannot use the mod with this bug so please Help!

P.D.: Sorry for bad english.

Edited by JuanDaniel2510

um, worth noticing, the scansat problem happened after i upgraded from the old V3/V4/V5 (one of those, cant remember) to the V6. Also worth noticing, SmartASS is never "active" in RPM, at first i thought it was just a problem with me not understanding what to do, but now that i think of it, it may all in all just be a problem with the RPM addon itself

Does anyone have a clue as to how I can make the SCANsat menu to appear on all pods?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = SCANsat
sensorType = 32
fov = 1
min_alt = 0
max_alt = 2000
best_alt = 0
power = 0.01
scanName = BTDT scan
}
}

Will give all pods the BTDT sensor (thanks to I think GavinZac for this MM cfg)

Generally this is the Module Manager config people use to add SCANsat to command pods. It doesn't scan anything, but allows you to use the maps, and allows background scanning to continue working.

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
{
MODULE
{
name = SCANsat
sensorType = 0
fov = 0
min_alt = 0
max_alt = 0
best_alt = 0
power = 0.05
}
}

I recently tried this mod out for the first time. Also did the MM-add-SCANsat-to-command-pods thing, but it shouldn't matter I think.

Everytime I go out of timewarp, the map opens. What is going on? Does this happen to anyone else?

Edited by Hurry, Starfish!

Generally this is the Module Manager config people use to add SCANsat to command pods.

See, I originally did something like that (adding just the MapTraq) but quickly found it to be pretty useless - if I wanted to have some kind of scanning equipment onboard, I'd have to add the part anyway, so I'd then have two parts that can open the map (with one of them just cluttering up the command pod right click GUI) so I was stuck - have something clutter up the GUI but be useful at least some of the time (and all the time with regards to background scanning) or have to dedicate a part to this that is frankly pretty unwieldy for what is basically a glorified GPS receiver. I chose the former because it's more useful and not very OP considering the sparsity of anomalies and its limited range.

And also, I haven't experienced that particular bug, Starfish. Possibly a Toolbar conflict? I don't know, to be honest.

yay I finally got to launch my first Biome/Lo satellite! I've never launched into a target inclination before so I ended up at 63 degrees instead of 80 like I wanted, but at 477km (taken from the IAC) it took just over a day for Lo to do its job and Biome isn't too far behind with its narrower scanning range. I actually have enough RCS dV to change my orbit to 80 degrees if I so choose. Everything worked great!

Has there been any thought to extending the use of the orbital map to perhaps a separate mod that lets us plot on it any ship? And also lets us click along the orbit to get the time for passing over that spot. Could be helpful for plotting landings over a target site. Although, I guess I could add a scanner module to a ship I want to have appear on the map...

Also what are the tick marks along the equator of the big map? I think I recall them being related to orbital resonance or something but found no mention of them in the docs.

Also what are the tick marks along the equator of the big map? I think I recall them being related to orbital resonance or something but found no mention of them in the docs.

The tick marks show where you will cross the equator in the next (large number of) orbits. Confusingly, colors show ascending vs. descending nodes, rather than past vs. future like with the orbit overlay. Basically, you want the spacing between the tick marks to be less than the width of your beam, otherwise you'll be missing parts of the surface. Fortunately, the spacing is very sensitive to your orbital period, so a few m/s adjustment should be enough to get a good result.

I suggest the BTDT sensor should have navigation ability.

The multispectral sensor also can identify the anomalies but with faster speed, if BTDT sensor don't have unique function, many people will just put it away.

The BTDT sensor should able to tell user about the heading and distance of discovered anomalies, it is very useful for space planes and rovers.