[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

I am running x86 0.25 and the version of scansat for it, and I have the parts and the buttons on the toolbar and I can use the parts (they dont animate though) and get science from them but the buttons on the toolbar don't work and I never get any maps popping up or anything like that, the settings window also doesn't come up.

I'm having an issue with SCANsat since the 0.25 update, in that the two vehicles that I'd been Mun anomaly hunting with, that I had parts on prior to the 0.25 update (which worked fine prior to it), plus any parts attached to newly created vehicles, no longer function.

The parts themselves are rendered and new ones can be attached (and stats shown) in the VAB, but neither the SCANsat icon nor the right click menus for attached parts appear in-game.

I'm running the 8.0 build of SCANsat and have tried starting KSP with no other plugins to rule out conflicts, but this didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas (I'm probably missing something obvious).

Adding a link to my KSP.log file. http://www.dropbox.com/s/kqxv4289nun91up/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by purpleivan

I'm having an issue with SCANsat since the 0.25 update, in that the two vehicles that I'd been Mun anomaly hunting with, that I had parts on prior to the 0.25 update (which worked fine prior to it), plus any parts attached to newly created vehicles, no longer function.

The parts themselves are rendered and new ones can be attached (and stats shown) in the VAB, but neither the SCANsat icon nor the right click menus for attached parts appear in-game.

It would appear that you have an old installation hanging around.

[LOG 16:33:15.278] Config(PART) SCANsat/Parts/MapTraq/part/SCANsat_Tracker
[LOG 16:33:15.281] Config(PART) SCANsat/Parts/Scanner 1/part/SCANsat_Scanner
[LOG 16:33:15.285] Config(PART) SCANsat/Parts/Scanner 2/part/SCANsat_Scanner2
[LOG 16:33:15.288] Config(PART) SCANsat/Parts/Scanner 32/part/SCANsat_Scanner32
[LOG 16:33:15.290] Config(PART) SCANsat/Parts/Scanner 8/part/SCANsat_Scanner24
[LOG 16:33:15.332] Config(PART) SCANsat/Scanner 1/part/SCANsat_Scanner
[LOG 16:33:15.335] Config(PART) SCANsat/Scanner 2/part/SCANsat_Scanner2
[LOG 16:33:15.338] Config(PART) SCANsat/Scanner 32/part/SCANsat_Scanner32
[LOG 16:33:15.341] Config(PART) SCANsat/Scanner 8/part/SCANsat_Scanner24

and

Mod DLLs found:
Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.5.1 v2.5.1.0
Bulb v1.0.0.0
Chatterer v0.7.1.86
MiniAVC v1.0.2.4
Engineer v0.6.2.9
HyperEdit v1.2.4.1
MechJeb2 v2.3.0.0
Romfarer v1.0.0.0
SCANsat v1.0.5100.32015 <-------

You must always delete old installations of addons before updating to new versions. This is standard for basically every addon and if not done will always eventually cause problems.

I am running x86 0.25 and the version of scansat for it, and I have the parts and the buttons on the toolbar and I can use the parts (they dont animate though) and get science from them but the buttons on the toolbar don't work and I never get any maps popping up or anything like that, the settings window also doesn't come up.

Your problem is likely to be something different, but I can't really say without copies of your output_log.txt files (in KSP_Data folder).

It would appear that you have an old installation hanging around.

You must always delete old installations of addons before updating to new versions. This is standard for basically every addon and if not done will always eventually cause problems.

When you say that I need to delete the old installation, does that involve anything other than deleting the GameData\SCANsat folder and copying over the new one. I've done that, I even did it again a few minutes ago to make sure, but the problem is still there.

This is the first time I've tried updating a plugin in KSP, so I'm not aware if there's more to it than delete then copy the folder across.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

When you say that I need to delete the old installation, does that involve anything other than deleting the GameData\SCANsat folder and copying over the new one. I've done that, I even did it again a few minutes ago to make sure, but the problem is still there.

This is the first time I've tried updating a plugin in KSP, so I'm not aware if there's more to it than delete then copy the folder across.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Ooops... I've found the cause of the problem. The folder which I extracted the Scansat folder into must have had an existing folder with the prior version in it. so although I did a clean copy to Gamedata, what I was copying over was flawed.

SCANsat now working again I can continue my anomaly hunting.

Many thanks.

I had the same problem of the scansat windows not opening when selecting from the scansat toolbar icon. Don't know if it's an error, conflict, little of each. grabbed the log from the last play to hopefully catch something that will be useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68r6web1uibxwzq/output_log.txt?dl=0

EDIT: Disregard, after removing tweakscale from orbital science the scansat windows are coming up as expected. Yeay! I love scansat :D

Edited by JeffreyCor

Not sure if this is a bug, but SCANsat will only work for me if I have Open Resource System installed. I don't recall seeing anything about needing to install ORS, and with SS as the only mod, none of the parts have functionality. Installing ORS fixes(?) it, but I figured I would bring it to your attention.

SS only:https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ye7o5cd64ih68j/output_logKSP%2BSS.txt?dl=0

SS+ORS:https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq2zo91x2bnb5wp/output_logKSP%2BSS%2BORS.txt?dl=0

Edited by HotSandwich

Not sure if this is a bug, but SCANsat will only work for me if I have Open Resource System installed. I don't recall seeing anything about needing to install ORS, and with SS as the only mod, none of the parts have functionality. Installing ORS fixes(?) it, but I figured I would bring it to your attention.

this is odd, recent versions of ScanSAT use ORSX, and no longer use ORS.

SS only:https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ye7o5cd64ih68j/output_logKSP%2BSS.txt?dl=0

SS+ORS:https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq2zo91x2bnb5wp/output_logKSP%2BSS%2BORS.txt?dl=0

An old version of SCANsat is somewhere. The latest version makes no reference to ORS; it uses ORSX, but neither is required for it to function.

It's not quite there yet, but Version 9 is almost ready for its first release. The next update will primarily be an overhaul of the UI.

I've already moved over all of the existing SCANsat windows on to technogeeky's framework. All but the big map are working more or less the same, with a few changes here and there. The big map is in for a total overhaul, so I'm not too worried about getting it perfect right now.

I've also made a KSC map, one that you can open in the space center or tracking station. It's somewhat of a testing ground for updates to the big map, but it's still in a rough state. Most importantly though, it allows for viewing any planet.

Unfortunately the planets don't appear to be loaded while in the VAB/SPH, so without completely changing how SCANsat generates maps the most I'll be able to add there is a static map, showing only the last map viewed in the KSC map, with no ability to read information off the map or change anything. I haven't done any work into adding that yet.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm finding this mod doesn't play nice with others sometimes and causes my game to crash. It generates a crash log, but I don't know how to read these. Anyone else having issues with this? When I uninstall the game runs fine with no issue.

Here are my mods.

TakggXI.jpg

Here is the crash log

https://db.tt/FonVPW22

I'm finding this mod doesn't play nice with others sometimes and causes my game to crash. It generates a crash log, but I don't know how to read these. Anyone else having issues with this? When I uninstall the game runs fine with no issue.

Here are my mods.

http://i.imgur.com/TakggXI.jpg

Here is the crash log

https://db.tt/FonVPW22

thanks for the log, makes things so much easier.

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 178956972B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: NewDelete
Allocation happend at: Line:0 in Overloaded New[]
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 454292211B | peak: 0B | reserved: 478119155B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 649825727B | peak: 0B | reserved: 675079592B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 148436B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 379116B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 178956972B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: NewDelete
Allocation happend at: Line:0 in Overloaded New[]
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 454292211B | peak: 0B | reserved: 478119155B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 649825727B | peak: 0B | reserved: 675079592B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 148436B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 379116B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B

(Filename: Line: 909)

Looks like your running out of memory.

you also have multiple module manager DLLs running around, you only need the latest one (this shouldn't cause problems though)

Your KSPAPIExtensions DLL in your procedural fairings folder is out of date. which means your proc fairings copy is likely out of date as well (this can cause problems)

But the only errors SCANsat threw were a few missing normal map textures, and the related parts loaded just fine without them. So, biggest problem, likely hitting the x32 bit memory cap, or out of system memory.

Your KolonyTools.dll threw some errors as well... not sure what might be causing that since it looks like your on the latest version. if your having problems with MKS you might try reinstalling from Roverdudes USI_ALLMODS_2014.10.06.zip just delete the parts of his constellation you don't use.

Incase you need to go to Rover with the problem:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KolonyTools.MKSLExtensions' from assembly 'KolonyTools, Version=0.16.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'USI_Converter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'USI_Converter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass44' from assembly 'KolonyTools, Version=0.16.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass46' from assembly 'KolonyTools, Version=0.16.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass59`4' from assembly 'KolonyTools, Version=0.16.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KolonyTools': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

And since your running out of memory, you might look at Active Texture Management. I see the configs from various mods in your log, but it doesn't look like you have it installed. It's been updated reciently for .25, and with memory problems it's one of the best places to start. HERE

Edited by Tebryn
USI MKS error info added. ATM Info Added

how add right altitude for SCANsat radars and scaners in Real Solar System ?

https://github.com/NathanKell/RealSolarSystem/blob/master/RealSolarSystem/Compatibility/SCANsat.cfg

where to put file SCANsat.cfg ?

This is a module manager patch. put it anywhere in GameData and module manager will read it and make the corrections. you should probably put it in a folder seperate from both ScanSAT and RSS, so you don't lose it in updates.

v.8.0 has missing/white part textures, at least for altimetry sensor, which never happened before 0.25 and recent update. Any ideas where to start looking?

Are you, perhaps like me, running KSP in OpenGL mode? I had this white "missing" texture problem when I started running in OpenGL. Under default (Direct X) things were alright. I noticed that the texture that were not showing correctly where all TARGA files. I just opened them up in an image processor (namely, GIMP) and saved them back to PNG (removing the TGA files completely, replacing them with PNG instead). Problem was solved. This issue was not present in KSP 0.24...

Anyway, I hope this help.

Are you, perhaps like me, running KSP in OpenGL mode? I had this white "missing" texture problem when I started running in OpenGL. Under default (Direct X) things were alright. I noticed that the texture that were not showing correctly where all TARGA files. I just opened them up in an image processor (namely, GIMP) and saved them back to PNG (removing the TGA files completely, replacing them with PNG instead). Problem was solved. This issue was not present in KSP 0.24...

Anyway, I hope this help.

Nope, not using OpenGL mode.

Restarted game, dropped Texture Replacer and activated Active Texture Management; now it's fine. Perhaps a random bug.

Edited by Mystique

An old version of SCANsat is somewhere. The latest version makes no reference to ORS; it uses ORSX, but neither is required for it to function.

I'm playing on a fresh KSP install (completely deleted my KSP folder, and reinstalled when .25 was released), using version 8 of SCANsat.

I'm playing on a fresh KSP install (completely deleted my KSP folder, and reinstalled when .25 was released), using version 8 of SCANsat.

I see now, you must of downloaded this from the Jenkins page. I'll have to take down that link for now. Because SCANsatKethane was not included in the latest update the Jenkins version could not build and so did not update.

Just download it from Kerbal Stuff or GitHub for now.

Nope, not using OpenGL mode.

Restarted game, dropped Texture Replacer and activated Active Texture Management; now it's fine. Perhaps a random bug.

There are apparently some bugs with TGA textures in the latest update. I'll try to convert them to .mbm files (I only have the multispectral scanner's source files) or .png files.

Edited by DMagic

I see now, you must of downloaded this from the Jenkins page. I'll have to take down that link for now. Because SCANsatKethane was not included in the latest update the Jenkins version could not build and so did not update.

Just download it from Kerbal Stuff or GitHub for now.

Is there supposed to be a SCANsatKethane.dll or something like that? The mod description says:

Kethane support is built using an included extra DLL file.

But I don't see an extra DLL anywhere, neither from Jenkins or from GitHub...

I'm having trouble getting the Kethane to appear on the scansat maps. The "Kethane" option appears in the settings, but I don't see any pink spots. A post a few pages back said that the Kethane integration was broken. Is it still broken?

I got SCANSat v8 and Kethane 0.9.2

Edited by Samapico

Hey guys,

Alright I figured out how to use Scansat, so I made an apollo like moonmission and I decoupled the lander from the command module, then after a while they were like 10km from eachother but if I look on the map in the lander (I use RasterPropMonitor) I can only see the lander on the map and not the command module (or any other probes orbiting the mun), is it even possible to see any other craft on the map? it sounds like a weird question but it would be really cool to see other crafts on the map too if I am in the lander.

Thanks

Edited by onlinegamesz