[DEV][0.24.x][Jul 24] SCANsat v7.0rc4 -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed!

I've an issue displaying overlay for water with ORSX. I also had it before I changed to the new versions of USI/ORSX and SCANsat. I thought this might be resolved. In the log there was something like 129 high value deposits found for water on minmus, so ORSX seems to behave like it should. Only Scansat isn't showing Overlay or abundance for water.

After some investigation, i think i've found the cause... a while ago CRP went from aquifier to water... but in my save files there is still the SCANsat entry for aquifier (16384), so i will give it a try to change it to water (8192). Since aquifier isn't used anylonger in CRP, perhaps it could be changed... but i don't know about kethane

Edited by funk

I had some results with the fix in this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-0-24-2-USI-Kolonization-Systems-%28MKS-OKS%29-%280-20-9%29-2014-09-12?p=1394377&viewfull=1#post1394377

I am not sure whether it still works with all the new developments, but it surely is worth a try.

Edit: Working with latest USI mods and KSPI, water is successfully scanned and shown.

Edited by Tellion

I had some results with the fix in this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-0-24-2-USI-Kolonization-Systems-%28MKS-OKS%29-%280-20-9%29-2014-09-12?p=1394377&viewfull=1#post1394377

I am not sure whether it still works with all the new developments, but it surely is worth a try.

Edit: Working with latest USI mods and KSPI, water is successfully scanned and shown.

I'll fix this in the next patch :) Thanks!

But are the coordinates wrong because of something fundamental SCANsat is doing wrong, or because its periapsis prediction is wrong? Is the periapsis for the two programs showing up over the same physical location on the planet, but giving two different sets of coordinates, or is the periapsis in a different position?

The orbital plot is accurate, or accurate enough that I'm passing over what appears to be (visually) exactly where the map orbital plot (including Pe/Ap markers) shows. If there's any error, it's in the coordinates being given for map locations.

And does anything different happen when using a rectangular vs a different SCANsat map projection?

Dunno, didn't think to try - will have to do that when I get a chance

Thx for the fix, but I don't get it, why this is working? I changed the scantype in save file and it worked. It would have been easier for changing it in Scanresource.cfg. The numbers for scantype and sensortype should be the same, as they are 2^i, i=1,2,...,n.

So if you want to add kspi resources, i would suggest to add new sensortypes with unused scantypes. Don't know much about KSPI... antimatter i think it's not planetary... just as an example

SCANSAT_SENSOR

{

name = antimatter

SCANtype = 1048576//2^20 //because 2^19 is the last used

ColorEmpty = 0.9372549, 0.827451, 0.9058823 // should be rgb code

ColorFull = 0.6117647, 0.1098039, 0.4196078

}

and then you'll have to add scansat to your scanner.cfg (part)

MODULE

{

name = SCANsat

sensorType = 1048576//2^20

fov = 2 // your choice

min_alt = 5000

max_alt = 250000 //meters

best_alt = 50000

scanName = Antimatter Scan

power = 0.4

}

you will need an ORS sytem with resource.png

Hope this works...

Edited by funk

Thx for the fix, but I don't get it, why this is working? I changed the scantype in save file and it worked. It would have been easier for changing it in Scanresource.cfg. The numbers for scantype and sensortype should be the same, as they are 2^i, i=1,2,...,n.

So if you want to add kspi resources, i would suggest to add new sensortypes with unused scantypes. Don't know much about KSPI... antimatter i think it's not planetary... just as an example

SCANSAT_SENSOR

{

name = antimatter

SCANtype = 1048576//2^20 //because 2^19 is the last used

ColorEmpty = 0.9372549, 0.827451, 0.9058823 // should be rgb code

ColorFull = 0.6117647, 0.1098039, 0.4196078

}

and then you'll have to add scansat to your scanner.cfg (part)

MODULE

{

name = SCANsat

sensorType = 1048576//2^20

fov = 2 // your choice

min_alt = 5000

max_alt = 250000 //meters

best_alt = 50000

scanName = Antimatter Scan

power = 0.4

}

you will need an ORS sytem with resource.png

Hope this works...

When I get my Interstellar/CRP integration pack updated for ORSX, I plan to include SCANsat support for all of Interstellar's ground resources. This info will be a good start.

KSPI resources are already defined in the SCANsat resource config. It's only a matter of whether they are defined as ORSX planetary resources and that they have properly linked resource maps.

If anyone has the Active Texture Management (or any other relevant texture mod) configs to prevent the toolbar icons from being re-sized could you post it here? I want to include it to prevent this problem, but don't care to figure it out right now.

Edited by DMagic

Hello, I've found one made by Green Skull :

[COLOR=#333333]ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]folder = SCANsat[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]enabled = true[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]OVERRIDES[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]SCANsat/SCANsat_Icon[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]compress = true[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]mipmaps = false[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]scale = 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]max_size = 0[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]}[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]}[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]}[/COLOR]

Although I think it is already bundled with the other ATM configs so it should already work unless the folder structure changed maybe (I don't really understand how it works).

Hello, I've found one made by Green Skull :

[COLOR=#333333]ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]folder = SCANsat[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]enabled = true[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]OVERRIDES[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]SCANsat/SCANsat_Icon[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]compress = true[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]mipmaps = false[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]scale = 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]max_size = 0[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]}[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]}[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]}[/COLOR]

Although I think it is already bundled with the other ATM configs so it should already work unless the folder structure changed maybe (I don't really understand how it works).

That config is for a slightly older version of SCANsat. You'll need to replace "SCANsat/SCANsat_Icon" with a regex that covers all three icons in the current version.

It might not be the most efficient but I tossed one together that works for me, here it is in case it is any help at all.

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = SCANsat

enabled = true

OVERRIDES

{

SCANsat/Icons/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

make_not_readable = false

}

}

}

It might not be the most efficient but I tossed one together that works for me, here it is in case it is any help at all.

{

folder = SCANsat

enabled = true

OVERRIDES

{

SCANsat/Icons/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

}

}

I think that's what I've edited mine to on the installs where I've gotten around to fixing it.

{

folder = SCANsat

enabled = true

OVERRIDES

{

SCANsat/Icons/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

}

}

That looks good. Is there any reason not to include this in the SCANsat folder, I think I've seen other people include them outside of ATM, which would be preferable to me.

SCANSat marks anything using the PQSCity class (What Kerbal Konstructs/KerbTown uses to place objects) as anomalous.

Can this be changed before the next release? Kerbal Konstructs and KerbinSide specifically make static objects that share similar areas. Launchpads are often next to airstrips. This lays down multiple anomaly markers. The map of Kerbin ends up getting quite cluttered and impossible to read when you scan the anomalies.

I am encountering some odd issues with ScanSat after updating to the latest RC (along with updating several other mods). In Sandbox mode, everything seems to function normally. In Career mode, none of the toolbar buttons seem to do anything, the parts do not play their animations, and activating one actually seems to block other GUI elements from showing until the Escape button is pressed. The debug log contains NullReferenceException spam, and the log suggests it is from ScanSat. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Output log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21312768/output_log.txt

getting this error with RC5 and KSP 0.24.2

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[scienceData].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCANsat.EVACollect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

here are the logs

this happened when i tried to take data on EVA the data was taken and everything was working fine (career mode) it just threw a bunch of these errors

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cv21wnpwrcmclf8/Ssat.rar?dl=0

I am encountering some odd issues with ScanSat after updating to the latest RC (along with updating several other mods). In Sandbox mode, everything seems to function normally. In Career mode, none of the toolbar buttons seem to do anything, the parts do not play their animations, and activating one actually seems to block other GUI elements from showing until the Escape button is pressed. The debug log contains NullReferenceException spam, and the log suggests it is from ScanSat. Any insights would be much appreciated.

That's strange, it seems like the SCANsat scenario module isn't being initialized for some reason. But I don't know why this would happen in career mode and not in sandbox. You can check your save file to see if the scenario module has been added. Just open the persistent.sfs file and search for SCANcontroller. It should be followed by a bunch of variables. There is a more robust method for adding scenario modules to the game, SCANsat should probably be moved over to that.

getting this error with RC5 and KSP 0.24.2

this happened when i tried to take data on EVA the data was taken and everything was working fine (career mode) it just threw a bunch of these errors

That's harmless, but should still be fixed. There's just some duplicate code being run when you transfer science by EVA, so the second time it gets to it some things have already been deleted and it gives an NRE like that.

ALright so I have started having a weird crash since I added the dev version of SCANsat to my game. It gets ALMOST all the way through the loading and then just crashes back to the desktop.

This is 32-bit right? This kind of thing happens in x64 sometimes, but I haven't seen it x86 before, and the crash log doesn't really tell me anything. This is happening right before it gets to the main menu? That's what it looked like, but SCANsat shouldn't start doing anything until after it gets to the main menu.

Did previous versions of SCANsat work? You could try rolling back to an older version, or just re-installing this version. Just make sure to completely delete the existing SCANsat folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.