[0.23.5] MapShowNavBall - show navball by default

bawr

Glad i grabbed this before the link was killed. License should not really be a problem. It's innocuous enough.

@ agises. I just noticed your avatar. Everybody remembers Che, Fidel, amd Raul. They forget Camilo.

Edited by Apollo13

@diomedea why you remove the link? he wrote clearly: public domain, for me this is actually a very valid license :)

Salud.

As rule 5.2 clearly states, license must be both in the post and the download file. The second condition wasn't met. A simple disclaimer in the package telling it was "public domain" would have been enough, sure.

As rule 5.2 clearly states, license must be both in the post and the download file. The second condition wasn't met. A simple disclaimer in the package telling it was "public domain" would have been enough, sure.

Ok, sorry then and thanks.

Glad i grabbed this before the link was killed. License should not really be a problem. It's innocuous enough.

@ agises. I just noticed your avatar. Everybody remembers Che, Fidel, amd Raul. They forget Camilo.

@Apollo13, that's in part because their family is very jealous of Camilo's image, so you can't find merchandising of he. Although Camilo is very present in Cuban people's memory, he and her Thompson M1 :D

Salud.

I can't believe that it is that much trouble to click an arrow in the system view but ok............

It is. Especially when you forget to do it before launching a rocket, need the map view in the middle of your ascent, and then have to waste a few precious seconds until you can see where you are going...

If Bawr does not read here again or watches it, we are all doomed and never get this nice little efficient mod ;.;

I can't believe that it is that much trouble to click an arrow in the system view but ok............

Often times it's small things that get changed that make the biggest difference, whether noticed or unnoticed. It's not that it's much of a hassle to click the arrow to show the navball, it's just irritating that you should even have to open the navball to begin with. In a game that involves launching rockets into space, navigation is kind of important. It may take all of two or three seconds to click the arrow, but that's valuable time wasted if something is going wrong and you forgot to open it before you started the launch.

Please, don't take this as a hostile response. I'm just trying to show reasons why this is a very useful plugin. Boy, don't I wish there was a way to convey a person's "tone" in a forum post; it certainly would save a lot of hassle! Anyways, I've rambled on long enough.

Once again, bawr, thanks for the awesome plugin!

How difficult would it be to expand this simple, wonderful little mod to a couple other "should be default anyway" features? Specifically, I'm thinking of precision control and free camera mode, since I select those options before flying anything, and it's a mild annoyance to reselect them every single time I change vehicles or whatever else.

Seriously, what's even the point of regular non-precision control? Is it actually good for anything? Ever?

How difficult would it be to expand this simple, wonderful little mod to a couple other "should be default anyway" features? Specifically, I'm thinking of precision control and free camera mode, since I select those options before flying anything, and it's a mild annoyance to reselect them every single time I change vehicles or whatever else.

Not difficult at all - monitor this thread, I'll make a single page for all such small tweaks and link it here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.