Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

Have you got any updates on how much is done until release?

Also another question, if I have both the RealPlume-StockConfig and the RFStockalike RealPlume config, do those conflict? Because it looks to me they are modifying the same parts in some cases.

If they do conflict, I'd like to know if I'm ok with only the Stock Config or I still need the StockAlike RealPlume configs for this to work. In that case, it'd be nice if the RFStockAlike RealPlume configs could be updated to work with the other.

Also another question, if I have both the RealPlume-StockConfig and the RFStockalike RealPlume config, do those conflict? Because it looks to me they are modifying the same parts in some cases.

If they do conflict, I'd like to know if I'm ok with only the Stock Config or I still need the StockAlike RealPlume configs for this to work. In that case, it'd be nice if the RFStockAlike RealPlume configs could be updated to work with the other.

They conflict. That stated I wont be updating to avoid conflict they aren't meant to be used together. The stockalike RF config is going for engines using the right plume for the right fuel and engine design. The stock configs are going for whatever. It took quite some time, more than you might think, to make all those configs for this mod and I am not wasting my time making something I don't want.

Still working on getting everything updated. I've been taking it a bit easy lately, more or less to offset the business with RL lately. So, not a lot of progress, but it's still going.

What Svm420 said is correct. If you want to "combine" them, just install the Stockalike version, then only install the Stock Configs that are not covered within the Stockalike version. It'll get you the most engines configured.

There's really no way to make them "compatible" anyway. Just like you can't use RO engine configs with Stockalike.

I'm using stockalike RF engine pack, and I found that the poodle is draining my fuel in the station even though crossfeed between the tug's docking port and the station is off. Is this an engine-specific setting or a RealFuels feature?

The engines should all be respecting stages and crossfeed that you set. I haven't noticed anything funny, but that doesn't mean it isn't messed up. Can you confirm with a minimal setup? Like a poodle, fuel tank, docking port set to disabled, and another fuel tank? If so, post the logs and your ModuleManager.cache file.

I've noticed that Atomic Age has the LANTRN and the Nuclear Lightbulb but does not have configs for the little Candle engine, nor does it appear to have configs for the nuclear turbojet.

The Atomic Age configs were probably built before that engine came out. I want to sat that one is new. We can go through and check though.

Also, as a PSA, it might be helpful to report confirmed bugs/engine omissions on the GitHub repo at this point. There's enough going on that I'll eventually lose track of something. But if it's at least in the GitHub's issue tracker, it'll be there waiting for me. :)

Welp

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Engine/AIESVR1vulcan/part/VR1vulcan'

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup running

Added sound_explosion_low to FXGroup flameout

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[ConfigNode] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealFuels.RFSettings.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
RealFuels.RFSettings:get_Instance()
RealFuels.ModuleEnginesRF:OnLoad(ConfigNode)
PartModule:Load(ConfigNode)
Part:AddModule(ConfigNode)
PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
:MoveNext()

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealFuels.ModuleEnginesRF.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

*U* Ullage constructor called on VR1vulcan

at RealFuels.ModuleEnginesRF.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Also, as a PSA, it might be helpful to report confirmed bugs/engine omissions on the GitHub repo at this point. There's enough going on that I'll eventually lose track of something. But if it's at least in the GitHub's issue tracker, it'll be there waiting for me. :)

I was going to do that at first but the issue tracker seemed to be more for critical bugs or glitches than just "hey, you guys missed an engine!"

I was going to do that at first but the issue tracker seemed to be more for critical bugs or glitches than just "hey, you guys missed an engine!"

Well, honestly it's safer there than here. :) At least there's a big list of "hey, you missed this!" than one random post on page 76 that I've already forgotten about. Also, missing engines is a major glitch, in my opinion, since this is an engine config set!

As long as it's not "hey, something broke!" without leaving at least a log or a screenshot or something. lurkaholic left some good bug reports in the issue tracker, if you guys want examples. Basically, tell me what exactly is wrong (i.e. Mainsail thrust is half of what is listed in the config and webapp), post the logs and/or appropriate ModuleManager.cache sections, and reproduction steps if applicable (place a tank and the Mainsail, throttle up, thrust reads 150 kN). The more info I have to go on the easier it is for me to find.

If you're unsure it's a bug, check here. I won't be upset if we have to confirm something. I also try to keep the OP semi-updated for known issues (like the plumes breaking), so check there too.

And on to a bug report! :wink:

@FireFaced I'm not quite sure of exactly what the error is you're having. Is the engine just DOA when you get in-game? Or is this preventing load?

I can say with some certainty that the FX probably need a RealPlume setup or at least a HotRockets-type setup. IIRC those did not have the ModuleEnginesFX set up and will not display any FX with this right now.

Can you post up the ModuleManager.cache file Vulcan section? Would like to see what the final part node looks like to make sure everything looks ok. NathanKell, et al, would know better exactly what's breaking from the errors, but before I send you over there I want to make sure my configs don't just suck. :)

Edited by Raptor831
Grammar...

Nathan got TL throttling working perfectly in the latest RF release so if you want to try that with throttle depth limited by TL and engine type then use this patch. :D Enjoy!

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]
{
@CONFIG,*
{
%throttle = 1
}
}
}

Wanted to mention that if you're currently using or going to use the dev version from the repo, make sure you delete the configs out of the /GameData/RealFuels/ folder that are in Stockalike. The install changed, so be careful. Might be easier to just wipe the RealFuels folder and reinstall RealFuels with Stockalike over that.

Currently, the repo includes Svm420's RealPlume configs. They shouldn't do anything unless you've got RealPlume.

As always, if you do use the dev version let me know if I've missed something or screwed something else up. :wink:

Is the online config generator up-to-date? I'm trying to generate configs for the SpaceY Expanded engines but I want to be sure that the config it's giving me is actually correct :P

Also, are there any rules for mixture ratios. For hydrolox in particular, I see a lot of mixture ratios (in the spreadsheet) varying from 5 to 6, but not discernible pattern as to when a higher/lower mixture ratio is used.

As always, if you do use the dev version let me know if I've missed something or screwed something else up. :wink:

Stockalike_OPT.cfg has mismatched braces which prevents the aerospike engine from switching its engine configs. (i.e. hydrogen only, no kerosene)

Raptor831 you might be interested in this script that e_14159 wrote:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/Scripts/engine_ignitor_conversion.py

Yup, very interested. Thanks!

Is the online config generator up-to-date? I'm trying to generate configs for the SpaceY Expanded engines but I want to be sure that the config it's giving me is actually correct :P

Also, are there any rules for mixture ratios. For hydrolox in particular, I see a lot of mixture ratios (in the spreadsheet) varying from 5 to 6, but not discernible pattern as to when a higher/lower mixture ratio is used.

Config generator is up to date, yes. If you make them, be sure to submit via the generator as well as a PR. Makes it easier to keep them updated later. :wink:

As for the ratio, it's just a flavor number that's also a realistic number. I have a spreadsheet I keep to give each "personality" a set of mixtures/ratios so that it's a little more interesting. If you're doing SpaceY, you can just use the ratios already established.

Stockalike_OPT.cfg has mismatched braces which prevents the aerospike engine from switching its engine configs. (i.e. hydrogen only, no kerosene)

Should be fixed, thanks!

Hello ,

if I want to use only a limited number of ignition

and UllageSimulation for the engine.

What plugin and files from the RealFuel I need to install?

And I will be very thankful for the example cfg file,

only with the engine ignitor module and ullage simulation.

Edited by Wuwuk

How well is this mod keeping up with KSPI-E's updates?

Probably not wonderfully. The only engine I deal with that I know is KSPI is the methane engine (which I'm not even going to try and spell, at the moment!). Unless the KSPI-E team has added any other chemical engines, that should be it. The other changes are mostly electric engines or engines these calculations can't even begin to describe.

We've talked about letting them bundle any RF/Stockalike-type configs in with KSPI-E directly, since those engines are so specific. But even the generator I have up doesn't help with those. And I don't generally play with KSPI anymore.

So, in short, I don't really know. :wink: If you have some specific errors/incompatibilities I'd be happy to try and fix my end.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not getting FX and sound for the LV-909 and the LV-1 engines even with the latest configs from the repo and RealPlume installed.

The 48-7S engine was working fine so I assume it's a problem specific to those engines.

I haven't tested with many other engines still so there might be more having the same problem. I hope you can take a look.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not getting FX and sound for the LV-909 and the LV-1 engines even with the latest configs from the repo and RealPlume installed.

The 48-7S engine was working fine so I assume it's a problem specific to those engines.

I haven't tested with many other engines still so there might be more having the same problem. I hope you can take a look.

I see I had a typo on the 909 engine. So here is a link to an updated version of the realplume files. Delete what you had before and install this new folder. Everything looks fine with the LV-1 in the configs. If you would post your MM.cache file or just the config for the engine from within it. for the lv-1.

@Raptor I will try to get a pull request sent to you for the updated configs., but if you beat me to it and DL the files here that I link be my guest.

Edited by Svm420

Here's the part for the LV-1 engine. I hope I got it right.

UrlConfig
{
name = microEngine
type = PART
parentUrl = Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1/liquidEngineLV-1
url = Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1/liquidEngineLV-1/microEngine
PART
{
name = microEngine
module = Part
author = NovaSilisko
mesh = model.mu
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.2816985, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
fx_exhaustFlame_white_tiny = 0.0, -0.2816985, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
sound_vent_medium = engage
sound_rocket_mini = running
sound_vent_soft = disengage
sound_explosion_low = flameout
TechRequired = propulsionSystems
cost = 78
category = Engine
subcategory = 0
title = LV-1 "Ant" Liquid Fuel Engine
manufacturer = Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spacecraft Parts Co
description = What is this, an engine for ants?
attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
mass = 0.005
skinInternalConductionMult = 4.0
emissiveConstant = 0.8
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 7
maxTemp = 1523.15
bulkheadProfiles = size0
entryCost = 390
oldMaxTemp = 1523
tempMult = 1.00009848982272
MODULE
{
name = ModuleEnginesRF
thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
exhaustDamage = False
ignitionThreshold = 0.1
minThrust = 0
maxThrust = 2
heatProduction = 95.0093565331584
fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.02
EngineType = LiquidFuel
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 330
key = 1 116
key = 3 0.001
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Aerozine50
ratio = 50.173010
DrawGauge = True
ResourceFlowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = NTO
ratio = 49.826990
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleTestSubject
environments = 8
useStaging = False
useEvent = True
}
MODULE
{
name = BBModule
}
MODULE
{
name = FMRS_PM
parent_vessel = 0
}
MODULE
{
name = ThermalMonitor
}
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
mass = 2.5
}
}
MODULE
{
name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
Menu = Scrap Part
ResourceName = Recyclables
Efficiency = .8
}
MODULE
{
name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
Menu = Salvage Part
ResourceName = SpecializedParts
Efficiency = .4
}
MODULE
{
name = GeometryPartModule
}
MODULE
{
name = FARAeroPartModule
}
MODULE
{
name = FARPartModule
}
MODULE
{
name = KOSNameTag
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngineConfigs
techLevel = 4
origTechLevel = 4
engineType = O
origMass = 0.0045
configuration = Aerozine50+NTO
modded = false
type = ModuleEnginesRF
CONFIG
{
name = Aerozine50+NTO
maxThrust = 2
heatProduction = 95.0093565331584
IspSL = 0.9600
IspV = 0.9500
throttle = 0
powerEffectName = Hypergolic-OMS-White
PROPELLANT
{
name = Aerozine50
ratio = 50.17301038062284
DrawGauge = True
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = NTO
ratio = 49.82698961937716
}
ModuleEngineIgnitor
{
ignitionsAvailable = 24
useUllageSimulation = true
autoIgnitionTemperature = 800
ignitorType = Electric
IGNITOR_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 0.015
}
}
}
}
ModuleEngineIgnitor
{
ignitionsAvailable = 24
autoIgnitionTemperature = 800
useUllageSimulation = true
}
PLUME
{
name = Hypergolic-OMS-White
transformName = thrustTransform
localRotation = 0,0,0
localPosition = 0,0,-0.9
fixedScale = .75
energy = 1
speed = 1
}
}
}

I see I had a typo on the 909 engine. So here is a link to an updated version of the realplume files. Delete what you had before and install this new folder. Everything looks fine with the LV-1 in the configs. If you would post your MM.cache file or just the config for the engine from within it. for the lv-1.

@Raptor I will try to get a pull request sent to you for the updated configs., but if you beat me to it and DL the files here that I link be my guest.

Nice work!:)

Could you port over the Chaka monkey parts?

Anyway thanks :P

I think SpaceHungryMan worked on setting up the Chaka Monkey parts a few versions ago.

Hi. I need help.

I do not see any effects on engines.

No fire and smoke. Thrust is available. Sound, too, is not.

There is smoke from the launch pad at the start.

Installed "RealFuels_v10.6.1", "RFStockalike_2_1_8" and "RealPlume" from last link just above.

Tested engines, no effects: "Skipper", "BACC "Thunper"", RT-5, MK-55, "Coxswaine", O-10, LV-1R, LV-T30, LV-909.

There is a sound and flames: 24-77, 56-8U and 48-7S.

My ModuleManager.ConfigCache

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/CAf2/X8mxtLUnG

what I did wrong?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.