[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

I have updated everything to 0.90. Whole hour without a crash. Only thing is, now all of Tantares pods lost EVA ability... There are no portraits to click ;/ Stock ones work fine.

Regarding your earlier question, no, I don't use RT, but it might be a bug with TweakableEverything. I did some config edits adding Firespitter animation modules, and that works.

I would guess it really is a TweakableEverything problem then...

Hmmm, thanks for bringing this to my attention, I should have a closer look.

I have updated everything to 0.90. Whole hour without a crash. Only thing is, now all of Tantares pods lost EVA ability... There are no portraits to click ;/ Stock ones work fine.

Yeah, IVAs are temporarily scrapped while I re-do them. For now, just click the doors of the pods to do EVA etc :)

(Although the Gemini and ATV should have IVAs)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/nonciclopedia/images/0/06/Patrick_Stewart_in_Star_Trek_-_Jean-Luc_Picard_si_esibisce_in_un_Facepalm.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130708145208

Playing since 0.20. Never tried to click a bloody door before.

Thank you for pointing that for me :P Everything works dandy now. Cheers :D

You can crew transfer now! :)

Shameless promotion

Check Beale's "side project" (in cooperation with me and SnowWhite):

OMSK Space Products

Excellent!

SnowWhite has done a really nice Job with the Atlas-Centaur, it's nice to see the texture can be re-used a little!

Also:

Yeah - I am really busy, and will be for a while. As I struggle with the LK leg, do people have interest in LK beta without legs for now (I'm just cleaning up the engine).

And the legs can be "figured out" before final release.

Actually many many thanks to Lo-Fi who has been great help with the legs so far - almost they are working!

Yeah - I am really busy, and will be for a while.

Focus on school so that you can be Bachelor Bread or Master Bread. :)

The stock legs are mediocre, but they are good enough for now.

Focus on school so that you can be Bachelor Bread or Master Bread. :)

The stock legs are mediocre, but they are good enough for now.

Master Bread hopefully followed by Dr. Bread :wink:

But yes, people may not expect so much progress for ~ 2 months. I still enjoy to work on Tantares on evenings when I can, so it's not a dead stop in development (thankfully).

Master Bread hopefully followed by Dr. Bread :wink:

But yes, people may not expect so much progress for ~ 2 months. I still enjoy to work on Tantares on evenings when I can, so it's not a dead stop in development (thankfully).

We accept him, we accept him, gooble gobble, gooble gobble. One of us.

!

That thesis must be really, really, REALLY boring, if you've got time to talk with us on the KSP forums. Especially as your future is tightly linked to it... Just kidding, we demand hourly updates. Atleast 5 parts per minute! Or else... you'll pay... most dearly... for changing sides, comrade Khleb.

We accept him, we accept him, gooble gobble, gooble gobble. One of us.
!

I have a new film to watch :)

That thesis must be really, really, REALLY boring, if you've got time to talk with us on the KSP forums. Especially as your future is tightly linked to it... Just kidding, we demand hourly updates. Atleast 5 parts per minute! Or else... you'll pay... most dearly... for changing sides, comrade Khleb.

Ohoho, no it is very interesting, but still I find time for diversions :)

You want parts?

I'll give you parts.

I was going to consider a dual-mode engine, to have the same backup functionality the LK had, but given the circumstances, that doesn't make sense (no stock engine failures). So I gave it RCS jets.

c0ad1e2846.jpg

76449b0a79.jpg

cc26bd0a2a.jpg

Yay! Now I can finally chase my Soyuz dreams!

Yes you can!

I am glad you like :)

Shameless Promotion

You can get a small mod (config really) to ADD IVAs to all crewed but not IVA enabled parts here-> Crew Portraits

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

You want parts?

I'll give

I was going to consider a dual-mode engine, to have the same backup functionality the LK had, but given the circumstances, that doesn't make sense (no stock engine failures). So I gave it RCS jets.

Me Gusta. Looks like something I could use for a upper stage engine. Not only could I boost my payload higher, but I could fine tune my orbit with the RCS.

Also, how do sentient bread feel about toasters?

I've decided to do some deep space exploring with Tantares. Our ship, the Aurora:

CR9tUIH.png

From left to right: the Kerbin reentry pod (it's probably being blasted with radiation, but hey! Don't even worry about it!). Then the main crew cabins and nuclear propulsion systems, with plentiful space for the crew. Toast your marshmallows on the radiation! At the very front of the ship, the expendable atmospheric lander.

To Duna!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've decided to do some deep space exploring with Tantares. Our ship, the Aurora:

http://i.imgur.com/CR9tUIH.png

From left to right: the Kerbin reentry pod (it's probably being blasted with radiation, but hey! Don't even worry about it!). Then the main crew cabins and nuclear propulsion systems, with plentiful space for the crew. Toast your marshmallows on the radiation! At the very front of the ship, the expendable atmospheric lander.

To Duna!

http://imgur.com/a/0rpKJ

This is one of the best Tantares-made interplanetary ship I've ever seen!

I just finished updating all my mods for .90 after a while out of the game - about half of the crewed Tantares command / utility modules seem to have an IVA, and about half of them don't. That is, there's not even an IVA window on the bottom right, and pressing C does nothing, even though there are Kerbals inside. I also have RPM installed and working with stock command modules and most other mods, but for some reason, none of the working modules have RPM. I think they may be related? Is this a known issue? (Disappearing IVA with some sort of RPM incompatibility issue?) I tried deleting Tantares_Extra_RasterIVA and renaming internal_basic to internal (and removing the original internal) in all the spaces, thinking if I got rid of the RPM internals they might work again, but that doesn't seem to have had any effect.

I used to be one of those toasters but then I converted over to the Cylon hybrid model. Being a hybrid needs oxygen though but hey, nothing like a good cup of tea and a toasted slice of bread in the morning :D ...anyways, I'm now interested how the new LK's interior will look like. I mean bigger main view port and a smaller upper view port. It'll be fun landing stuff in IVA with that! :)

Hay Beale!

Once again thanks for such an awesome mod pack! I decided to track down the work you did on Zenit/Energia/Vulkan parts in order to fill a heavy lifting void in my ongoing series (found Here). It was surprisingly difficult to find and I was wondering if you might put a link to it on the front page or in your signature somewhere so others can find it easier. Anyway great work on the new LK!

-Foxx