Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

I updated two of Bobcat's DEMV rovers, the Mark 4 RAT and Mark 5 ANT. I'm going working on the Mk. 1's IVA with MeCripp, Starwaster, And Bobcat himself (It's going to be tough, since he lives in Russia, or some other place like that. But I need to find some modeling software. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can handle the Mark 3 and 2's config files.

The refit Dragon01 did on the Soyuz introduced a "Burn State" option on the right-click menu. I have no idea what it does either, as it did nothing observable when I tried it.

I believe that is to toggle the cloth damage when used with Deadly Reentry. This is still in test mode last I knew.

Which of the mods and what part is that from?

From the Soyuz TMA craft, TMA Decent Module

thanks for any info / help

Edit: Any info regarding the Toggle Burn State, Toggle Descent Mode and use of the Brakes on the fairing would be greatly appreciated. I have skimmed the posts looking for a instruction manual or such, but have had no luck in locating it....

again, thanks.

Edited by drtedastro

Thanks to all regarding help for the burn state. Yes, I can confirm it changes the visual presentation of the heat blankets from new to burning to burnt to gone. Nice effect(s).

Now just need to figure out the Toggle descent mode and the brakes on the payload fairings...

cheers.

The refit Dragon01 did on the Soyuz introduced a "Burn State" option on the right-click menu. I have no idea what it does either, as it did nothing observable when I tried it.

Actually the burn state was one of the last things bobcat did to the Soyuz. It was an update he did but never integrated into the the soviet pack. Dragon just released that version of the soyuz instead of the one that comes in the soviet pack.

I cannot for the life of me get this to work. Multiple Google searches and probably over 45 minutes looking for answers so I finally signed up for this forum. I am still using 0.25 for this project because I have finished a large portion of my system myself, but the trusses in this pack are so good I simply must have them, is this a problem? If so, does anyone have a working copy for that version?

You really didn't tell us which mod you need help with. . . . but I'm going to guess your asking about the ISS Community mod since that's the only one that I know of that has trusses. What is the problem your having?

BTW the mod is unfinished. The inner panel to outer truss and panel caps haven't been finished yet. And now, as in irl, there's a docking adaptor that has to be made for the end of PMA-2 for the new American commercial crew transfer ships.

• 2 weeks later...

So wandering back into KSP after months away, coming back to my favourite pack and I discover that the issues I had earlier with constant crashing was from Unity 64 bit, sigh... I can run it fine now under 32bit again, but a few questions with regards to this and mechjeb;

* Mechjeb can't seem to jettison the boosters on the Energia and the Soyuz U correctly; he just leaves the Energia boosters on, but if I do the Energia manually they drop away fine... but the Soyuz U boosters he also ignores, but now they don't push away from my climbing craft, and instead crash into the lower fuel tank, even when flying straight ahead... the only way I seem to be able to safely separate is by staging when they still have a little fuel so they fly up and beyond my rocket instead... Does anyone know how to tackle these?

* Mechjeb can't seem to bring the Buran back down to Kerbal once it's up there; he just gets stuck on the atmosphere burn, pointing the nose down and not firing the engines... Any ideas how to force him to return?

* He completely loses control of the Kliper when trying to launch it, usually around 3,000 feet. I've had this fixed in the past, but disabling all the Klipers control surfaces now doesn't work. How do we get him to properly launch it now?

* I've not tried an automated space plane landing yet; because of the above! Any tips?

So wandering back into KSP after months away, coming back to my favourite pack and I discover that the issues I had earlier with constant crashing was from Unity 64 bit, sigh... I can run it fine now under 32bit again, but a few questions with regards to this and mechjeb;

* Mechjeb can't seem to jettison the boosters on the Energia and the Soyuz U correctly; he just leaves the Energia boosters on, but if I do the Energia manually they drop away fine... but the Soyuz U boosters he also ignores, but now they don't push away from my climbing craft, and instead crash into the lower fuel tank, even when flying straight ahead... the only way I seem to be able to safely separate is by staging when they still have a little fuel so they fly up and beyond my rocket instead... Does anyone know how to tackle these?

* Mechjeb can't seem to bring the Buran back down to Kerbal once it's up there; he just gets stuck on the atmosphere burn, pointing the nose down and not firing the engines... Any ideas how to force him to return?

* He completely loses control of the Kliper when trying to launch it, usually around 3,000 feet. I've had this fixed in the past, but disabling all the Klipers control surfaces now doesn't work. How do we get him to properly launch it now?

* I've not tried an automated space plane landing yet; because of the above! Any tips?

Buran has too heavy nose, you must use RCS to level it and land.

Are you using FAR or NEAR? It's only possible to get Kliper to space with stock aerodynamics.

Buran has too heavy nose, you must use RCS to level it and land.

Are you using FAR or NEAR? It's only possible to get Kliper to space with stock aerodynamics.

I'm using stock game with most recent Mechjeb, SCANSat, Hyperedit, Soviet Pack and only the essential mods as listed in this first post, as far as I know. I have the following Gamedata folders;

B9_Aerospace

BahaSP

BobcatInd

HexCans

JSI

KerbalTek

Mechjeb2

ModuleRCSFX

NASAMission

Romfarer

SCANSAT

SovietPack

Space Factory

Space Factory IND

Spacefactory

Squad

XanderTec

Most of those should be Soviet Pack or related (All of the Space Factory are the messy Vostok etc installs) but if one of them affects aerodynamics and isn't required for Soviet Pack I'm happy to delete it.

regarding mechjeb jettisoning booster problem...I do not believe the problem lies in the mechjeb or the booster...I think what is going on is that you have not set the decoupling strength high enough...I think

regarding mechjeb jettisoning booster problem...I do not believe the problem lies in the mechjeb or the booster...I think what is going on is that you have not set the decoupling strength high enough...I think

Is that a new feature? How would I locate it if so? I'd be surprised if it meant Mechjeb doesn't actually recognise boosters any more, but I'll test it. He's having no problems throwing them off my custom crafts now, sadly though he seems unable to stabilize what he used to be able too, and he's currently out of control spinning round and round trying to line up for an orbital burn, sigh... KSP often feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

boosters with a decoupler near the outlet will have there noses smack the craft. Boosters with a decoupler near the nose will flip out and smack into its twin. a booster with the decoupler located at the dry weight COM will fly off beautifully. Rocket science isn't science, its equal parts engineering and art.