Your top 5 favorite games.

Guest Fyre Flare

Again, no specific order.

Skyrim. (So much to do! One moment you're relaxing with your family, next you're hunting a dragon.)

KSP. (Realisation of my childhood dreams, not only being part of a space community, but doing the missions too!)

Grand Theft Auto V. (Despite the controversy, it just felt... Real. I felt as if I was walking through a desert town in the US!)

Minecraft. (Despite my dwindling interest, it remains a favourite, and a great idea.)

Cookie Clicker. (Lounging around on a quiet IRC? Play this!)

This is a tough one, but I think it has to be:

1. Minecraft - Not exactly an original choice, but an honest one nonetheless. Even though I've gotten a bit tired of it recently, the amount of fun I've gotten from it over the years is unmatched by any other game, not to mention that the modding scene motivated me to get better at programming. Since then I have transferred those skills to working on my own games (*cough signature cough*), I figure that has to count for something as well.

2. StarCraft 1/Brood War - I used to love this game as a kid. It was already an old game at the time (late PS2 era), but it was just so much fun. It was also my first real foray into the world of PC gaming, whereas previously it was either consoles or silly flash games. I went back and played it again recently and it was still enjoyable even after the nostalgia wore off.

3. KSP - Come on guys, you knew it had to be on here.

4. Kingdom Hearts - Another choice from my childhood, this was my favorite game in the world until I discovered StarCraft. Sadly my parents sold it off so I haven't been able to return to it. Still, the gameplay was fun and the story was compelling despite the challenge of having to make a bunch of existing characters work in the same universe.

5. Pokemon Emerald - To avoid starting a generation war, I'll admit I chose this version over the others because it was the one I played the most. It hit at just the right time, when I was old enough to understand it but young enough not to get bored of the formula. It was also the last generation to have that quaint, pixely aesthetic which everybody, including myself, loves and tries to replicate these days.

Runner Up: Deus Ex Human Revolution - This game was, purely and simply, a lot of fun. It managed to have a both a decent story and enjoyable gameplay. It didn't quite make the list because, while the story was mostly good, the ending was a little generic: you were literally given three "mutually-exclusive ethical decision" buttons, making your decisions throughout the rest of the game completely pointless. Also, despite the gameplay being generally very good, the boss fights were a bit lame. Each one had an annoying gimmick which you had to figure out, and it was always something stupid like "hit him three times with an explosive barrel" or "electrocute her by blowing up power supply boxes in this conveniently flooded room." Still, it was a great game for the majority of the time.

Well, this is hard. I haven't played many games in a long time.

If I remember it correctly:

1: Minecraft(Come on, you can build whatever you want!)

2: Roller Coaster Tycoon

3: Age of Empires II

4: KSP

5: Need for Speed Underground

Nikola7007: Remember: This is on the KSP forums! :P

In no particular order:

KSP- No explanation needed (PC)

Metal Gear Solid- Ah, a true classic. So much sneaking, cutscenes, plot development, cutscenes, character development, cutscenes, guns, cutscenes, (PS1, PC)

Halo- I only just started playing this game on an Xbox I found at goodwill, and man, I was missing out. This I decided as soon as I latched a plasma grenade onto a Covenant's chest. (Xbox)

Star Wars Battlefront- Now this would possibly get #1. I have so many memories of playing this with my Dad, brother and cousin. I have bonded with my family much better from these games. (PS2, Xbox, PC)

Minecraft- I just like playing around in the sandbox and blocky world of Minecraftia. So much fun. (PS- I started playing in 1.6 beta) (PS3, Xbox 360, Mobile, PC)

Edited by Bioman222

hmmm very difficult to decide...

somewhat random order with 5 games beeing far to less to give any good answer:

KSP

Elite: Frontier (had to mention this, somewhat very old ancestor of KSP and the first game with a procedurally generated simulation of our galaxy)

Minecraft

SNES: Super Metroid

Arcade: Bubble Bobble

1. GTR2

2. KSP

3. GTL

4. Assetto Corsa

5. World Golf Tour

These are the only games I have played for more than a few minutes in the last 7 years. So for KSP to climb the list is a huge compliment to SQUAD.

Well... I'm gonna extend my list:

6: Pokémon FireRed

7: Pokémon Y

8: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky.

9: Roblox

10: Minecraft

In no specific order and in bold if heavily modded:

Prison Architect

KSP

GTA IV (will probably be replaced by V when it comes out)

TF2

FTL

I quite like the Powder Toy, DEFCON and I used to be obsessed with Minecraft (who hasn't?)...

Edited by Javster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.