[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Thanks Eskandare for sharing this. I'm just a little confused as to where to put this. Do I create a new file? Do I paste it into an exiting file? I looked through all of the RT2 & Kerbin-Side files I could find and none seemed to suit this code.

I put mine into remote techs settings.cfg. It already has a ground station in it (The first Station entry in the .cfg you quoted), So be sure not to duplicate it.

For my runway models I'm using a textured mesh with no collider. I just place the model ever so slightly over the runway and Bob's your uncle. All my new markings are being done that way to save memory. I may just create a bunch of runway meshes from 01 to 36 (compass degrees).
:D Ash, if you look at the picture of the base I'm working on, you'll see the runway markings. They are done just in that way. Once I have a location I'll be adding the azimuth to the runway. Also if i make any airfields with parallel runways I'll add L, C, or R for Left, Center or Right. Center is used very infrequently, as there are very few triple parallel runways.

Woohoo!

Some rep for you sir!

Forgot to say - there's a little bug where if you exit to space centre while in map view and not focused on your craft, things get weird and KK stops working correctly. Best bet is to always exit to space centre while in flight view to avoid it.

Also:

There are other thread lurkers who may be able to help too. There's Virindi, although he's been somewhat MIA of late, ObssessedWithKSP (who helps out all over the forums) and blowfish is also another very helpful chap who knows what he's on about.

How have I only just now noticed this?! :D

How do I get rid of a certain thing in the pack? for example, i want to remove the ksc things but I don't want to redownload everything else individually. Thanks.

Ihave a certain level of experience with this. I'll start out by saying "it's not exactly easy" but... it's not exactly hard either. There are two ways to achieve the results depending on the reason you want to remove the objects. I had an issue with the memory requirements for some of the really detailed models, and so my procedure was doing a search (via Notepad++) using "find in files" to locate the model references and remove either the entire configuration file or just the parts that were relevant to the object in question. If, however, you have no issue loading the models/textures into your game and want them to continue to load elsewhere in the world, then you can actually clear the objects in-game by launching a craft and entering the mod's edit mode "Ctrl+K" (I think?) and locating the object in question in the editor followed by clicking whatever is necessary to delete the object. Alternatively, if the object in only ever spawned in and around the KSC (if it's that obvious) you can simply remove the configuration file that corresponds to that object. So, it's like I said above. It's both easy and difficult at the same time.

I'm having an issue with tracking station icons in the map view. Actually, its not so much the icons themselves, as the red dots indicating stations...They show thru the planet, from the opposite side of the planet view (like the planet is transparent)...Its quite confusing, since there are so many, along with so many other viewable objects, and also makes it impossible to tell whether my ships/sats have LOS to which stations...

Is this an issue with THIS mod, or is it because of RT2?...I dont know which mod displays the red dots for stations...??

I'm having an issue with tracking station icons in the map view. Actually, its not so much the icons themselves, as the red dots indicating stations...They show thru the planet, from the opposite side of the planet view (like the planet is transparent)...Its quite confusing, since there are so many, along with so many other viewable objects, and also makes it impossible to tell whether my ships/sats have LOS to which stations...

Is this an issue with THIS mod, or is it because of RT2?...I dont know which mod displays the red dots for stations...??

That would be RemoteTech. Kerbal Konstructs fades the base icons when they're on the opposite side of a planet to the camera.

Still working on the 2 new bases. Also I'm working on two placeable bases. Placeable bases are bases that won't have any pre-existing placement on Kerbin. They are designed to be placed on planets and moons for a level runway or landing pad. There will be a placeable base for Jool too, but is currently in the design phase deciding if it should be a cloud city like structure or not. Placeable bases will not have a spawn transform. Lastly I'm working on a new Nimitz carrier.

Apologies for the lack of updates recently. Been busy with paying work and other projects related to it and that's likely to continue for a few weeks. I will try and make some time to get SPC's and Eskandare's updates out as soon as they're ready.

I am having a problem with the kerbin side base icons. i installed and they worked fine but my game crashed unexpectedly and when i reloaded they were black squares all around kerbin.

anyone have anything for me?

thank you

I am having a problem with the kerbin side base icons. i installed and they worked fine but my game crashed unexpectedly and when i reloaded they were black squares all around kerbin.

anyone have anything for me?

thank you

I have this same issue. All the bases around the planet in map view are little Black Squares.

Just aksi', are those lauch sites collision-dynamic (destructible)? Having an aircraft carrier to kill would finally put soem real use to my BD Armory.

Unfortunately no.

I have this same issue. All the bases around the planet in map view are little Black Squares.

Are you using ATM? I believe it can cause this. If so, there's a CFG posted in the OP of the KerbalKonstructs thread which might fix it.

I found a little Issue with Kerbal Construction Time

I don't know where to post, so i post it here, because i think it is a wrong parameter in a config of Kerbinside.

I just started a new Career Game

When i build a Vessel in the VAB and Select KSC_2 as Launchside, my vessel is in KCT not build in the VAB list. It is build in the SPH build list. So with a very slow rate.

In the VAB it also says: Added to SPH Build list. With KSC selected as Launchside i don't have that problem.

I found a little Issue with Kerbal Construction Time

I don't know where to post, so i post it here, because i think it is a wrong parameter in a config of Kerbinside.

I just started a new Career Game

When i build a Vessel in the VAB and Select KSC_2 as Launchside, my vessel is in KCT not build in the VAB list. It is build in the SPH build list. So with a very slow rate.

In the VAB it also says: Added to SPH Build list. With KSC selected as Launchside i don't have that problem.

That is a known problem with Kerbal Construction Time compatibility. The mod checks if the launch site is the KSC Launch Site and if it's not automatically assumes it's the SPH. Unfortunately there is currently no fix for this, other than to allocate some points to your SPH. I'd suggest bringing it up on the KCT thread though. They may be able to help you more than me.

Edited by Spacepetscompany