Mod Testing for 64-bit KSP (UNOFFICIAL VERSION)

mythic_fci

So far, EVE has not worked for me. Of course, I just got it running, so I'll keep you posted.

You can add Procedural Dynamic 0.7 to the list of mods that work.

The most recent version of FAR (0.13.3) works, but if you try to open the simulator in the editor, it crashes the game.

Planet Factory Creator's Edition appears to work, but I haven't actually gone to any of the planets yet.

Editor Extensions v1.1 also seems to be stable.

Kerbal Operating System (KOS) v0.10.0 starts up ok, but I haven't run any programs (or even figured out how to program it yet.)

Edited by Vaporo
Merging four posts

Kerbal Alarm Clock works.

EVE works for me without any issues. So does the Better Athmospheres add-on for EVE.

Moreover I don't have any issues using:

-Distant Object Enhancement

-Universial Docking Ports

-Cool Rockets

-Hot Rockets

-Kerbal Engineere Redux

-Kerbal Joint Reenforcement

-Kerbal Attachment System

-Toolbar

-Texture Replacer

-Docking Alignment Indicator

I had a problem with Procedural Fairings, where the fairings would only decouple, but not eject with any kind of force, so they end up hitting the rocket. This isn't in any way consistent for me, though. Some work, some just don't.

I haven't actually tried using B9 parts much, but everything loads fine.

Edited by WWEdeadman

Engineer Redux 0.6.2.4 working

Kerbal Alarm Clock 2.7.4.0 working

Precise Node 0.12 working

Hyperedit 1.2.4.2 working

Science Library 1.1 working

Tweakble everything 0.6.5 working

Floor it pro (it allows the button z to full throttle) working

Enhanced navball 1.2 working

RCS Build Aid 0.4.5 working

Steam Gauges 1.5 working

Toolbar working

I used hyperedit to go to one of Krag's Planets (With Planet Factory Creator's Edition, though), and I was able to land on it and EVA just fine. I would suggest moving Planet Factory up to "has issues."

Also, I mentioned in my original post that the Editor Analysis in FAR was not working. However, it turns out that it was just a random crash. The aerodynamics simulation seems to work fine.

Edited by Vaporo

I found a way that might make Planet Factory and EVE work together for some of you. With EVE and Planet Factory installed, open the Debug Console (alt+f2) while the game is loading. Keep it open until the main menu appears. For some reason, this will make clouds work again on my computer. I can't fathom why this would change anything, but when I open the Debug Console, I have clouds. When it's not open, there are no clouds.

NOTE: This was with Planet Factory Creator's Edition, not plain old Planet Factory.

Edited by Vaporo

After some more experimenting, I am finding that it can help reduce crash rates to try and toggle the debug console on and off a few times before every scene change. I still don't know why, but it seems to be preventing several game crashes at certain points. Maybe it's just coincidence, though. But it does seem to be affecting something. (see my previous post)

Hi! I didn't noticed this thread, I'll leave a link in the first page of the 64-bits thread, it might be useful.

Edit: Also, last version of KAS weems to work partially for me, just be careful not to grab anything attached to a vessel.

Grab things from crates and attach them don't seems to cause problem.

Toolbar seems to work for me too... I'll run some deeper tests.

B9 is working too, and I got Kethane to work as well (again, some deeper tests to be made, but so far, it works).

Edit 2: all mods are updated to last version available.

Edited by Lilleman

Yes, I know many people are going to think, 'It's his first post, what does he know!', but I'll save you the trouble and tell you not much.

I've got a quite extensive list of mods that were all working rather well but I've just started having a little trouble after adding Tweakscale. I added it with the Infernal Robotics update to .16 but I've removed both and went back to .15d on the Infernal Robotics.

Mod list:

Active Texture Management, B9, Quantum Struts Continued, EVE, Better Atmospheres, Deadly Reentry, Dmagic Orbital Science, Editor Extensions, Fusebox, Fustek Station Parts, Improved Chase Camera, KAS, Kethane, KW Rocketry, Infernal Robotics .15d, Mechjeb 2.2.1.257, Modular Fuel Tanks, Docking Port Alignment, 6s Tubes, PandaJagerLaboratories, Part Catalog, Probitronics, Realchute, SCANSAT, Science Alert, SDHI Service Module, Ship Manifest, Texture Replacer, TAC LS and Fuel Balancer, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Universal Storage, Toolbar and Module Manager 2.1.5

Not in the list are all the little dependencies.

Ones that I've had crashing with, either solo or not playing well with others:

NovaPunch 2 (Not sure why... My computer just doesn't like it in 64-bit taking over 20 minutes to load it or crashing in the loading screen and no I don't have any logs that show anything that could help you figure it out. No, it isn't memory.)

Tweakscale (I could possibly get a log for this one...)

Infernal Robotics .16 (Tweakscale dependency)

Interstellar (I think this is an OpenResource, Kethane, and SCANsat conflict of some kind. Best guess, since I only have problems with all three when they are all on at the same time)

MKS (This could be a SCANsat conflict, but it seems to be more of a Kethane conflict. It won't always map out resources, even when I used the Kethane Debug menu.)

Anyways, everything is the latest version unless otherwise noted. I run a Windows 8.1 64-bit pro (I know I'm so terrible!) and my computer's insides are truly irrelevant. While the internals are trivial, I think it does matter it you are running Win 7, 8, 8.1, or other 64-bit OS. Please post what your OS

Edited by Ar_Taq
grammar

Spaceplane Plus doesn't appear to like it. One of the cockpits doesn't show up in the VAB despite being unlocked and the game crashes every time I try and build something with it.

It works fine on mine... it seems every players mileage will vary with 64 bit.. quite maddening TBH

I can report on Kethane. I have a older version (says 5/8 in mod manager for addition date) that LOADS up fine. .dll version 1.0.5204.25517 was not crashing on load. I have not tried mining or scanning as I was trying to launch a stock ship which kept drifting off (gonna try that in a stock game save mechjeb) NP 2_03a works. I have NOT tried making a craft yet as I was trying to do something else. You may have a conflict in there (I was moving out mods and mvoing them back in till I realized the REBUILT B9 parts pack does not let the game load) that is causing kethane to not work. I have NOT tried to create a ship yet but I will do that once I finish what I am doing right now.

Edited by wizisi2k
clarifing not having used VAB or SPH

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.