[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

@Peppie

I found le glitch.

When queuing actions for RemoteTech to execute with certain delays, if you delete one of these actions from the list, the order of actions gets messed up:

5aC5VO5.png

Forgive me if this has been covered previously.

Looking at the Stock+RT Tree, the DP-10 is 3 nodes from the Start Node.

Is there a way to move it to the Start Node via part.cfg? Looking at other parts I see Tree Node placement definitions, but none in the RT part.cfg's.

Working as intended or oversight? Also, is there planned to incorporate RT-XF or is there still ethics/personality-conflict preventing this?

as an example(not working):

// Move Remote Tech DP-10 to Start Node

@PART[RTShortAntenna1]:FOR[RemoteTech]:Final
{
@TechRequired = start
}

This doesn't work as GameData/DP10ToStart.cfg or as GameData/DP10ToStart/DP10ToStart.cfg, but surely some MUCH more experienced people out there can help with this...

You can find the "TechRequired" definition on the MM Patch files in the RemoteTech root folder, RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg

yes, we've planned something similar for the future.

well, your reply came through while I was fiddling about in notepad++ attempting(FAILING) to come up with some kind of grotesque MM.cfg to handle it...lol. Thank you for the replies!

Edited RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg:

@PART[RTShortAntenna1]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
%TechRequired = start

KSP Loaded, DP-10 in Start Node.

Where do I send the Cookies and/or Beer?

Edited by Shaggygoblin
Consolidation

Looking at other parts I see Tree Node placement definitions, but none in the RT part.cfg's.

Working as intended or oversight?

You can find the "TechRequired" definition on the MM Patch files in the RemoteTech root folder, RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg

Also, is there planned to incorporate RT-XF or is there still ethics/personality-conflict preventing this?
yes, we've planned something similar for the future.
I found le glitch.

When queuing actions for RemoteTech to execute with certain delays, if you delete one of these actions from the list, the order of actions gets messed up:

I'll take a look at this issue. thanks

Will there be an update for the 1.0.2 KSP game? Please? Pretty Please? With Cherries on top of whipcream on top of super hot girls that love to walk everywhere they can nude?

But Seriously, I want to do as realistic a run on KSP as possable, and Remote Tech as well as KOS make the challange all that more fun like I was in an actual NASA center.

*EDIT* Opps, never mind, didn't see the link.gt

Nevermind again, the stuff doesn't work, or I am doing something wrong since I can't get Remote Tech to work, or even show up.

thats ok. But i've seen that you have not used the latest devbuild.340.

Can you please revalidate with our current release.

Indeed, I installed v1.6.4 and it works !

FYI dev-340 was breaking my UI last time, but last stable release doesn't and science transmission works.

Love you. le us know if you find a way to collect donations !

Edited by Kwaio

The parts still are not showing up in my science career mode. Is this broke and someone working on it or is it just me? They come up fine in sandbox.

Looks like it's just you.

Logs, screenshots of gameData and RemoteTech folders are needed to diagnose further.

I'm using the release version, and there still seems to be a bug with science transmission. I think it happens when my probes change from using the omni antenna to the dish. I can't transmit science anymore (the report disappears but isn't actually sent back to KSC). Going back to the space centre and reloading the vessel solves the issue though.

Yay! The mods I've been waiting on (RT2 and FAR) are both available now! Thank you RT team for your work on this!

The parts still are not showing up in my science career mode. Is this broke and someone working on it or is it just me? They come up fine in sandbox.

Assuming you added RT2 to an in-progress game, did you 'research' the new parts in already researched tech nodes? Other than an improper installation, its the only thing I can think of that might be causing it.

Guys... Is it possible that the integrated 3 km antenna isn't work? I remember from a long time ago this wasn't quite working and still it seems I can't connect to KSC from the launchpad without antenna.

Guys... Is it possible that the integrated 3 km antenna isn't work? I remember from a long time ago this wasn't quite working and still it seems I can't connect to KSC from the launchpad without antenna.

Are you in career/science mode? It unlocks somewhere along the tech tree.

I started a new career mode after picking this up after the update. When I have dishes on a satellite it says no transmitters available. Any idea what might cause this?

I started a new career mode after picking this up after the update. When I have dishes on a satellite it says no transmitters available. Any idea what might cause this?

Are they aimed at anything and active?

I have heard there is some problems with MJ and RT. Are these problems gamebreaking, and if so, does anyone know how avoid the problems, or is there a community fix?

Are you in career/science mode? It unlocks somewhere along the tech tree.

Yup, they're in the first node So I don't think its an issue with this. Anyway, how does MM patches work with career/tech unlock anyway, always wondered about this.

No one else had this issue? Only me? :confused: Thats unfortunate.

I'm having problems with the flight computer forgetting commands. I click on node then exec to tell it to do the next maneuver node burn, and verify that both commands show up as being planned. I then go back to the space center, switch to the tracking station, and reselect the probe where I gave the commands. When I open the flight computer back up, only the "Hold Maneuver Prograde" part is there; it's lost the "Execute planned maneuver". This seems to happen every time; rather annoying if you don't want to keep something constantly focused because you're trying to set up your initial constellation. Anyone else seeing this? This is with RT version 1.6.4.

Yup, they're in the first node So I don't think its an issue with this. Anyway, how does MM patches work with career/tech unlock anyway, always wondered about this.

No one else had this issue? Only me? :confused: Thats unfortunate.

iirc the built-in antenna unlocks at `unmannedTech` (unless they changed something in the latest release).

I'm having problems with the flight computer forgetting commands. I click on node then exec to tell it to do the next maneuver node burn, and verify that both commands show up as being planned. I then go back to the space center, switch to the tracking station, and reselect the probe where I gave the commands. When I open the flight computer back up, only the "Hold Maneuver Prograde" part is there; it's lost the "Execute planned maneuver". This seems to happen every time; rather annoying if you don't want to keep something constantly focused because you're trying to set up your initial constellation. Anyone else seeing this? This is with RT version 1.6.4.

Yep the fix is also ready for the next release https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/403

There is stupid not working fix for sounding rockets in current version of RT. It should add antenna to nosecones and RT control to core but it tries to add both to non-existent version of nosecone and moves unlock icon for 3km antenna in cores to start node.

iirc the built-in antenna unlocks at `unmannedTech` (unless they changed something in the latest release).
There is stupid not working fix for sounding rockets in current version of RT. It should add antenna to nosecones and RT control to core but it tries to add both to non-existent version of nosecone and moves unlock icon for 3km antenna in cores to start node.

So Gfurst, are you using Sounding Rockets and is that what is not working?

Out of curiosity, is there a settings item for enabling the "infinite EVA fuel" debug-like mode without checking that option under cheats?

Did you mean to post that here? Doesn't seem like it is related to RemoteTech.

Did you mean to post that here? Doesn't seem like it is related to RemoteTech.

It is hit F12 in game RT cheats menu has an item called infinte EVA fuel.