[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Has ever been attempted/considered to add a special category for comm sats so that they can be hidden in the tracking station list?

Reason: the list becomes very cluttered after a few dozen relay sats are in flight.

Well, there is the special category for probes.

Instead I would suggest too a special category for the antennae parts in VAB.

Has ever been attempted/considered to add a special category for comm sats so that they can be hidden in the tracking station list?

Reason: the list becomes very cluttered after a few dozen relay sats are in flight.

This is a very cool idea, I would love to have some more categories. The "probe" category is too full of stuff

Decided to give this one a try for the first time. This is my first RemoteTech network (you can also see my first ScanSAT there too). Had trouble getting them up at first but I found the solution and it was a load of fun finding it. I think this will be one that I use for a long time. Thanks for the great mod!

F84E90C70B11CCE34C61FA488D40A6F7B2B2B731

Integrated antenna in probe doesn't seem to work for me and antennas don't have stock functionality to transmit data. Anyone having a similar problem?

I was having this problem, thing is most probes will only unlock the integrated antenna perk after you research unmanned technology. And to transmit data you need a connection to the KSC.

I got a problem that when I make a probe with everything it needs to work it says N/A in top right corner.

So it won't connect to KSC.

When I look up what N/A means, it says that I don't use modules with a signal processor. But I just use a Stayputnik MK1 with a communotron 32. Sorry for my broken English. Here some images from my probe I try to connect. Please help me this mod looks fun.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edit: Before you say that I need to get in a lower orbit before I get a stable connection, I have tried that.

Edited by Niels_Battle

I got a problem that when I make a probe with everything it needs to work it says N/A in top right corner.

When I look up what N/A means, it says that I don't use modules with a signal processor. But I just use a Stayputnik MK1 with a communotron 32. Sorry for my broken English. Here some images from my probe I try to connect. Please help me this mod looks fun.

Hi Niels_Battle, how could you get the setallite into orbit? :) Can you please check if the ModuleManager plugin is also on the GameData folder. You can found the ModuleManager on our Zip or here

Oh I thought I had that plugin already installed.

Sorry i'm new to modding.

Thank you for your help. I will edit this text to let you know of it works.

Yes it works perfectly thanks for helping me out. :)

I used this to get in orbit :blush:.

LQK8MuL.jpg

Edited by Niels_Battle

http://imgur.com/a/sm1e5

Edit: Before you say that I need to get in a lower orbit before I get a stable connection, I have tried that.

That archipelago you see under your satellite is on the opposite side of the planet from Mission Control. You are out of line of sight. You need a whole network to bounce the signal around the planet, one sattelite isn't enough. If you wait for the satellite to orbit back around it will come back in contact with mission control and you can then use it again.

Decided to give this one a try for the first time. This is my first RemoteTech network (you can also see my first ScanSAT there too). Had trouble getting them up at first but I found the solution and it was a load of fun finding it. I think this will be one that I use for a long time. Thanks for the great mod!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/39749281922141740/F84E90C70B11CCE34C61FA488D40A6F7B2B2B731/

That low orbit is driving me bonkers... Pretty tho. Just remember, at higher orbits you only need 3 comsats to do the job of 4. I usually stick a trio at keostationary.

~Steve

That low orbit is driving me bonkers... Pretty tho. Just remember, at higher orbits you only need 3 comsats to do the job of 4. I usually stick a trio at keostationary.

~Steve

Yup :cool:

str-3-06.jpg?w=917

And one more on stationary orbit right above KSC

So I have a question. Why is it that the antennas have zero range before being extended? This seems silly.

given that an un-extended antenna isn't supposed to be working, how is this silly? Are you suggesting it would be clearer to mark the range as "N/A"?

I was having this problem, thing is most probes will only unlock the integrated antenna perk after you research unmanned technology. And to transmit data you need a connection to the KSC.

There's also some sort of problem going on. I've been trying to use a M700 Survey Scanner on a satellite with RemoteTech, while the satellite is in direct connection with KSC and get a Null Exception Error. From output_log.txt:

NullReferenceException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto (System.Collections.IEnumerator)

at UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine (IEnumerator routine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTDataTransmitter.IScienceDataTransmitter.TransmitData (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 dataQueue, .Callback callback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScienceAlert.MagicDataTransmitter.BeginTransmissionWithRealTransmitter (IScienceDataTransmitter transmitter, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 science, .Callback callback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScienceAlert.MagicDataTransmitter.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1

given that an un-extended antenna isn't supposed to be working, how is this silly? Are you suggesting it would be clearer to mark the range as "N/A"?

Which would confuse the rest of us, as N/A usually means it's not using renotetech, such as Eva

Ive tried searching but I cant find a solution to my problem. My Craft is connected to the ground station via antenna but all it does is stack the commands I send and not execute them. The Probe as 2 mechjeb modules as its intended to separate into 2 relay sats when it gets to mun orbit. When I try to time warp it throtles back as there is a que of commands it is not executing. Any thoughts?

Ive tried searching but I cant find a solution to my problem. My Craft is connected to the ground station via antenna but all it does is stack the commands I send and not execute them. The Probe as 2 mechjeb modules as its intended to separate into 2 relay sats when it gets to mun orbit. When I try to time warp it throtles back as there is a que of commands it is not executing. Any thoughts?

Screen please.

I mean, in the original an unextended one was limited to atmospheric work.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how exactly does one expect to launch a probe unmanned if the antenna doesn't work at launch?

I mean, in the original an unextended one was limited to atmospheric work.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how exactly does one expect to launch a probe unmanned if the antenna doesn't work at launch?

Use an antenna that's designed to be powered in its atmospheric configuration. In RT, that's the Reflectron DP-10.

So i did a google and forum search and couldnt find anything about this in the current release, but is there any issues using this mod with dark multiplayer? like if i put up a satellite, can my friend connect to it? if i should be asking in Darks thread i will btu i wanted to check here first.

So i did a google and forum search and couldnt find anything about this in the current release, but is there any issues using this mod with dark multiplayer? like if i put up a satellite, can my friend connect to it? if i should be asking in Darks thread i will btu i wanted to check here first.

I can only find: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/149 this issue is from "7 Aug 2014"

But try it and share your results with us :)

~Steve

Yeah, I know, but this was early tech tree and second tier buildings. I plan to replace it later. I didn't even have fairings yet and the satellites had LV-909 on them so I wouldn't have been able to lift them to a higher orbit. They also only have the Comm 16 omni, so they won't go very far. My next network will be Comm 16 to mission control @ 650km with DTS-M1's to active target.

EDIT:

The original network was forced into... explosive retirement.

4D74D31E6BE6C03D3C97E9DA64C462E41FF42D6C

Edited by Alshain

Use an antenna that's designed to be powered in its atmospheric configuration. In RT, that's the Reflectron DP-10.

Was going to also suggest launching with an extended antenna under a fairing but I guess KSP won't let you extend an antenna within a fairing to use, which is kind of dumb but that design decision was made for the stock game which doesn't need functioning communications antennas within a fairing

Hiho,

someone here to help me testing the upcoming release?

# Bug fixes

• We've fixed an issue while loading a saved maneuver command
  • We've fixed an issue while loading a saved cancel command
  • Queued commands will now sorted correctly
  • The flight computer will no longer goes crazy if a queued BaseEvent throws an exception
  • We've fixed the SoundingRockets config file

# General

• Textures are now converted to DDS (thx @InsanePlumber)
  • We'll no longer throttling back the timewarp if you are on phys.warp
  • We'll no longer fix the "roll" position for maneuvers, orbit und surface attitude commands

Please backup your current save before using the "dev-build". If you want to help me out just download the latest dev-build 368 or click here