[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

57 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

would wish to file a complaint abut the mod. The mod is amazing, with the exception of one part:

The Flight computer is horrible at stering. It cannot just hold the attitude, like the SAS. Instead, it revolves around the point like the computer has been drinking litres of 200 proof liquor, as well as taking 70 or 80 different drugs. 

What I would suggest is that the steerig work off of the SAS hold  features, as the SAS is much beter at holding atitudes.

That, obviously, is a 1.1 bug that I'm sure is being worked on, as the flight computer in 1.0.5 is very reliable. Setting SAS to hold the steering is problematic in career mode as the unmanned pods that offer normal/anti-normal (pretty essential for getting your orbits as precise as possible) are only available very late in the tech tree.

49 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

It also seems that the SAS is also on a delay, almost as if he SAS is coming from the ground. Out at duna, the Flight computer is _cupcakes_ compared to the SAS (I recall one of my duna probes spinning for minutes on end after turning i on.)

PLEASE make the SAS work instantaneously. it kind of hurts to watch it .

You have to turn off radio delay in the settings, in the newer versions it seems to be on by default.

Alternatively you can build a station near Duna with a SignalProcessor but it needs to be manned with kerbals.

6 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

would wish to file a complaint abut the mod. The mod is amazing, with the exception of one part:

The Flight computer is horrible at stering. It cannot just hold the attitude, like the SAS. Instead, it revolves around the point like the computer has been drinking litres of 200 proof liquor, as well as taking 70 or 80 different drugs. 

What I would suggest is that the steerig work off of the SAS hold  features, as the SAS is much beter at holding atitudes.

We are aware of this issue. https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/559

Hi all!  
Love RT, and like a lot of people here the mod is indispensable to me. However, Im running into a problem with the most recent version for the pre1.1 KSP where I am loosing control of my ship and am unable to switch back from orbital view to my ship. 

Everything runs smoothly until I go into the orbital view. In some cases when I go out of orbital view I can't control my ship (which is kerbol'd). At other times I go to the obirtal view and it slowly zooms out from Kerbin; I press M to get out of orbital view, but I am just confronted with a zoomed in image of Kerbin (as if it is the COM for the camera) and I can see orbits behind it... 

This only started happening when I installed the most recent version of RT (I also have MJ, KER, Tarsir, ScanSat, and scatterer installed)

Any ideas on why this might be happening, anywhere where I can get some help?

Thanks so much!

On 4/13/2016 at 5:51 AM, Phineas Freak said:

@komodoit is already accessible, that's how RSS makes all the required changes to the tracking stations: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem/blob/master/GameData/RealSolarSystem/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg

Just create a "RemoteTech_Config.cfg" file and populate it at least with the following block:

RemoteTechSettings
{
	<user settings>
}

And replace the <user settings> with your personal parameters (RT wiki).

Thank you for your reply. Please note in my original message, I mean precisely what I had asked: Is there a way to modify via Modulemanager, the RemoteTech_Config.cfg: While you are entirely correct that it is quickly and easily possible to add additional stations, etc., via an additional config, this is unfortunately not at all what I was asking about :) (By which I mean things such as adjusting the global range modifier in particular: This is of tremendous utility for playing on arbitrary rescales.)

In my experience, MM is unable to apply changes to the config as it is able to with many other mods. I had just wondered if anything had/would/could change(d) recently. Thanks much!

(And wow, what a difference a week away makes... Looking at the updates, i'm looking (even more) forward to 1.1 :) )

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:52 PM, Shadowsteps said:

Anyone else not able to use the 1.0.5 version (1.6.9) at all?  No antennas, no flight computer, nothing.  It's like I don't even have the mod installed.

I'm having the same problem too. No flight computer. I tried flying unmanned ships and it works even without antenna. No communication lines. It's like the mod was not installed. I can see the parts in sandbox mode but not in science mode.

I'm not sure what the problem is. PLease help. I really enjoy this mod

I need help with this mod. It's as if it was not installed. I can see the parts in sandbox mod but it doesn't matter because I'm still able to fly unmanned space crafts without setting up communication links. I'm pretty sure I installed the mod properly. Also, the parts disappear in science mod

So I've been using remote tech for a while now and have established a satellite relay network around kerbin, but now that i am going further than kerbin's SOI with my probes i've discovered how annoying signal delay can be. I've thought about using the flight computer but I feel like it makes the game too hard. I have therefore tried disabling signal delay from the settings.cfg file but for some reason that file doesn't seem to exist in my RT save file. So I was wondering if someone could help me find it or tell me another way to disable signal delay? I am currently using the mod version 1.6.9 and ksp version 1.0.5. Thanks!

Edited by Mr_Goetzee
forgot something

@Mr_Goetzee You need to browse too your ksp folder then GameData\RemoteTech. In here you should have several cfg files. Look for RemoteTech_Settings.cfg and open it and look for EnableSignalDelay, change that to false.

18 minutes ago, Torih said:

@Mr_Goetzee You need to browse too your ksp folder then GameData\RemoteTech. In here you should have several cfg files. Look for RemoteTech_Settings.cfg and open it and look for EnableSignalDelay, change that to false.

Thanks for the reply! The loctation you said the folder is supposed to be in is indeed the one I have been looking for it but it doesn't seem to be there. The folder does indeed include several cfg files ranging from RemoteTech_MechJeb too RemoteTech_FASA_Probes but doesn't seem to include a setting.cfg file. Bellow I have copied the exact location in which I am looking for it. It is certainly possible that I installed RT in the wrong place but i has been working perfectly for me. Thanks!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RemoteTech-1.6.9\GameData\RemoteTech

On 16. 4. 2016 at 9:52 PM, Shadowsteps said:

Anyone else not able to use the 1.0.5 version (1.6.9) at all?  No antennas, no flight computer, nothing.  It's like I don't even have the mod installed.

So i've been trying to fix the bug, where you can't send science processed in the lab back to Kerbin due to RT and i ran into a similar problem. Versions 1.6.10 and .11 don't work for me, they are nonexistent for KSP as if it failed to load on the start of the game. Can someone help, please?

@Mr_GoetzeeYeah you didn't need the  \RemoteTech-1.6.9\GameData\ folders, but shouldn't matter I think. The settings file is only created after you have launched the game with it, but sounds like you had already been using it so it should be there.

Not sure tbh, try searching in the ksp folder for RemoteTech_Settings.cfg to see if its somewhere else for some reason.

You could also remove those extra folders, So that its just "\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RemoteTech" but as I said don't think it should matter.

On 4/16/2016 at 10:35 AM, lude said:

You have to turn off radio delay in the settings, in the newer versions it seems to be on by default.

Alternatively you can build a station near Duna with a SignalProcessor but it needs to be manned with kerbals.

This defeats the purpose of HAVING This mod for me. I want to use a realistic probe simulation. However, it seems like a stupid idea to make the SAS steering only work on the same delay as the controls. It feels like there should be an exception to the SAS steering, as there is for the flight computer, or make the flight computer's steering algorithm the same or similar to the SAS.

13 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

This defeats the purpose of HAVING This mod for me. I want to use a realistic probe simulation. However, it seems like a stupid idea to make the SAS steering only work on the same delay as the controls. It feels like there should be an exception to the SAS steering, as there is for the flight computer, or make the flight computer's steering algorithm the same or similar to the SAS.

But imagine that all input SAS commands need the same time to travel, but sounds like a configuration thing for difficulty that would be useful to be able to exclude that.

If you mean after leaving Timewarp and it taking the same amount of delay to control attitude, that clearly is a bug, making a github account and making a bug report is best.

Last time I checked I had to punch in flight computer stuff far ahead of the maneuver but I haven't been so far out in space in 1.1 to really notice the delay.

22 hours ago, lude said:

But imagine that all input SAS commands need the same time to travel, but sounds like a configuration thing for difficulty that would be useful to be able to exclude that.

If you mean after leaving Timewarp and it taking the same amount of delay to control attitude, that clearly is a bug, making a github account and making a bug report is best.

Last time I checked I had to punch in flight computer stuff far ahead of the maneuver but I haven't been so far out in space in 1.1 to really notice the delay.

I have, however, and after watching the SAS  spin a ship violently for 1 minute and 39 seconds to try and correct a slow roll, you should also see that this is a major issue. 

My problem is, Why should the steering signal HAVE to travel? isn't the SAS on the probe? why should it have to travel for a minute if its just... there? if anything, the SAS steering should work even with no connection to mission control,  as, if it is on the probe, it doesn't have to travel for a second.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto
added italics and corrected spelling.

18 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

My problem is, Why should the signal HAVE to travel? isn't the SAS on the probe? why should it have to travel for a minute if its just... there?

The thing is...the SAS may be on the probe core but someone has to flip it on (and off if needed), right? It is not the signal from the "computer" to the "SAS" that has to travel, it is the radio signal from "KSC" to the "computer".

14 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

The thing is...the SAS may be on the probe core but someone has to flip it on (and off if needed), right? It is not the signal from the "computer" to the "SAS" that has to travel, it is the radio signal from "KSC" to the "computer".

but nobody has to tell it to make it turn, so why have signal delay for the SAS steering? the functions  should be on a delay,  but not the steering. (That is, strangely, the current system)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto
make it less angry. made it make more sense.

The Stability Assist System cannot be considered steering, it is just a PID controller (a probe functionality). The fact that the SAS can control the attitude control system (be it a RW or an RCS block) does not make it capable of being an ACS by itself.

And what do you mean by "nobody"? You, the player takes all the decisions regarding the game inputs, not an AI.

4 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

The Stability Assist System cannot be considered steering, it is just a PID controller (a probe functionality). The fact that the SAS can control the attitude control system (be it a RW or an RCS block) does not make it capable of being an ACS by itself.

And what do you mean by "nobody"? You, the player takes all the decisions regarding the game inputs, not an AI.

the probe decides how to steer to the desired attitude. I want it to be a useful when there is a considerable delay, as it is much more useful than the Flight computer's steering system. There should be an exception where the SAS steering (I.E. Moving to the prograde, or the node, or radially or keeping attitude) is instantaneous, without signal lag (much like the flight computer and how it steers without signal lag) whereas telling the SAS what to do (I.E. Clicking on the buttons) is NOT. That way, probes don't spin themselves violently when you engage it at long signal delay, and you don't have to deal with the Flight Computer steering like something incredibly drunk.

I am really not sure if I should continue using RT. I love the mod, but with telemetry coming to stock soon (ejem...) I might want to drop it for the sake of not having so many mods in my install. But if I take that path after I have started a new career, I might loose all ships using RT antennae. I don't really expect a solution to this, I just wanted to vent my indecision. 

RT really has made KSP a better game for me so far... 

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I have, however, and after watching a ship spin itself violently for 1 minute and 39 seconds to try and correct a slow roll, you should also see that this is a major issue. 

You're aware this is a known bug in 1.1 that the RT dev team is working on, right?