[v0.90/v.25]Transparent Pods v1.2.2 for KSP v0.90

nli2work

Awesome! In the OP you mention slowdown with multiple pods within physics distance - even with a few in your video the FPS seems a bit sluggish. Is it the multiple (7000 tri) Kerbals being rendered at once?

I think mostly it's due to the shader gymnastics and the RPM functionalities updating when viewed from outside the pod. I can run 3 of the largest pods at once, with horrendous frame rate and ridiculous load time at launch. More than that KSP will crash, complaining about too many internals being created. A faster computer may help some.

You'll have to talk to Mihara for real answers, though he seems to be MIA at the moment.

If you don't mind testing I'm curious what the maximum other people's machines can handle. Nothing systematic, just stack the large pod together and see how many you can launch without KSP crashing. Mine install is not very modded, mostly plugins for testing. no large part packs; I can run 3 Panopticons, at about 10 frames/sec. and it takes a minute or two to load at launch.

I think this pack really needs an adapter going from the pods to 1.25m and 0.625m pieces.

you mean like an adaptor for the smallest pod going to 1.25m nodes? Not a bad idea. Could alleviate a few things that's been bugging me for a long time. :) I'll see what i can do.

Edited by nli2work

Hi nli2work.

I'm a huge fan of your work, and the new transparent are just fantastic! I can't wait to use them!

Sadly, I'm having a small problem with them:

When I select one of the pods in the VAB, the message "JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION." appears, and a bunch of NullReferenceExceptions appear in the log.

They actually appear to work fine when you launch the ship - the RPM screens seem to work fine, and there are no more errors in the log. It only happens when I select a POD in the editor.

As a test I've completely removed my JSI and NohArksPnP folders from gamedata (since I have your other stuff) and re-installed them, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I don't have any other mods installed which effect RPM & I'm running the 32-bit version of KSP.

[LOG 20:38:56.415] editor started

[LOG 20:38:56.428] Untitled Space Craft - Untitled Space Craft

[LOG 20:38:56.697] [KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.6.3.0 (latest)

[LOG 20:39:11.275] JSITransparentPod: Cleaning pod windows...

[LOG 20:39:11.313] JSIVariableAnimator: Configuration complete in prop 17, supporting 2 variable indicators.

[LOG 20:39:11.315] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/baseFont" in GameDatabase...

[LOG 20:39:11.315] RasterPropMonitor: Loading font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/baseFont"

[LOG 20:39:11.316] RasterPropMonitor: Loading font definition from JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/fontDefinition.txt

[LOG 20:39:11.331] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/extraFont1" in GameDatabase...

[LOG 20:39:11.332] RasterPropMonitor: Loading extra font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/extraFont1"

[LOG 20:39:11.332] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/hudfont" in GameDatabase...

[LOG 20:39:11.333] RasterPropMonitor: Loading extra font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/hudfont"

[LOG 20:39:11.333] RasterPropMonitor: Done setting up pages, 10 pages ready.

[LOG 20:39:11.335] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/baseFont" in GameDatabase...

[LOG 20:39:11.335] RasterPropMonitor: Loading font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/baseFont"

[LOG 20:39:11.336] RasterPropMonitor: Loading font definition from JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/fontDefinition.txt

[LOG 20:39:11.339] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/extraFont1" in GameDatabase...

[LOG 20:39:11.339] RasterPropMonitor: Loading extra font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/extraFont1"

[LOG 20:39:11.340] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/hudfont" in GameDatabase...

[LOG 20:39:11.340] RasterPropMonitor: Loading extra font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/hudfont"

[LOG 20:39:11.341] RasterPropMonitor: Done setting up pages, 9 pages ready.

[LOG 20:39:11.341] JSIVariableAnimator: Configuration complete in prop 26, supporting 2 variable indicators.

[LOG 20:39:11.342] JSIVariableAnimator: Configuration complete in prop 31, supporting 1 variable indicators.

[LOG 20:39:11.343] JSIVariableAnimator: Configuration complete in prop 32, supporting 1 variable indicators.

[ERR 20:39:11.345] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.348] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.348] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.349] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.349] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.350] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.350] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.350] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.351] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.351] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.352] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.352] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.352] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.353] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.353] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.354] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.354] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.354] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.355] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.355] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.356] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.356] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:39:11.357] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 20:39:11.357] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.357] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.358] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.359] JSISwitchableVariableLabel: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.360] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.362] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.362] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.364] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.364] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.365] JSISwitchableVariableLabel: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.365] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.365] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.366] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.366] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.367] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 20:39:11.368] JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 20:39:11.368] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[LOG 20:39:13.779] cycloPod(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2

[LOG 20:39:13.790] stage count is: 0

Any ideas?

Hi nli2work.

I'm a huge fan of your work, and the new transparent are just fantastic! I can't wait to use them!

Sadly, I'm having a small problem with them:

When I select one of the pods in the VAB, the message "JSIActionGroupSwitch: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION." appears, and a bunch of NullReferenceExceptions appear in the log.

They actually appear to work fine when you launch the ship - the RPM screens seem to work fine, and there are no more errors in the log. It only happens when I select a POD in the editor.

As a test I've completely removed my JSI and NohArksPnP folders from gamedata (since I have your other stuff) and re-installed them, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I don't have any other mods installed which effect RPM & I'm running the 32-bit version of KSP.

Any ideas?

Yes that's known issue. most likely due to RPM internals trying to update while in Editor mode, even though the necessary variables are not created until Launch. Mihara is aware of the problem, we'll just have to wait for him to fix it. The error messages are harmless, albeit annoying. To get rid of the messages you can remove JSITransparentPod module from the command pod part configs. The exterior windows will be opaque, everything else will function normally. You should gain some frame rate as well.

Edited by nli2work

Retro-Future v1.3 ; Link in OP

New Parts

heavy main landing gear

redesigned WingMountA part; will likely break vessels using older WingMountA part. Recommend removing older part from vessels; or not replacing WingMountA until later.

Changes

Reduced heat production for JeyTew and Trianka (damn overheat alarm was getting really annoying)

Upgraded crash tolerance for all landing gears

Increased braking power of tail gear

cockpit now has emissive for windows

intake settings for Stock Aerodynamics, thanks to Taverius

enabled thrust reverse on all engines

improved sound synch on all engines

Edited by nli2work

Yes that's known issue. most likely due to RPM internals trying to update while in Editor mode, even though the necessary variables are not created until Launch. Mihara is aware of the problem, we'll just have to wait for him to fix it. The error messages are harmless, albeit annoying..

Oh I see! That makes sense. I guess until now we haven't had to account for the internal displays being visible in the editor environment. If they really are harmless, then I'll just carry on regardless because I really like these pods.

Retro-Future v1.3 ; Link in OP

Awesome, I like this pack too! :)

I think mostly it's due to the shader gymnastics and the RPM functionalities updating when viewed from outside the pod. I can run 3 of the largest pods at once, with horrendous frame rate and ridiculous load time at launch. More than that KSP will crash, complaining about too many internals being created. A faster computer may help some.

You'll have to talk to Mihara for real answers, though he seems to be MIA at the moment.

If you don't mind testing I'm curious what the maximum other people's machines can handle. Nothing systematic, just stack the large pod together and see how many you can launch without KSP crashing. Mine install is not very modded, mostly plugins for testing. no large part packs; I can run 3 Panopticons, at about 10 frames/sec. and it takes a minute or two to load at launch.

No prob, happy to help!

I managed to stack up to 12 panopticons within the VAB before the game crashed, slowing down to 15fps before it happened. No hope launching it, instant crash if i tried. Kept taking pods off the stack and attempted to launch every time, I got down to three when KSP started playing nice and let me out onto the pad.

The game was crawling at 1fps for about a minute and a half before physics kicked in, where it jumped up to 8fps and i could tumble around to look at the (snazzy) modelling work. IVA view bumped the fps up to 15, and this was with three crew on board. My specs are here. The cpu is hyperthreaded with 12 cores, each running at that clock speed if it isn't very clear by the model number. Not like it really matters here, I can't wait till Unity unlocks multithreading.

Definitely very hungry parts. I'm sure something can be optimised somewhere, in any case i'll just keep an eye on your thread :)

Really an awesome pack, i'm loving it day after day.

A little advice. Most of the tapered fuselage and other parts have a wrong node specified for the tech Tree, so they don't show up in career.

You wrote

TechRequired = aerodynamics

while the correct node should be

TechRequired = aerodynamicSystems

A little mistake that can be fixed quite quickly. I already fixed it on mine, and can be done quite quickly.

Really an awesome pack, i'm loving it day after day.

A little advice. Most of the tapered fuselage and other parts have a wrong node specified for the tech Tree, so they don't show up in career.

You wrote

TechRequired = aerodynamics

while the correct node should be

TechRequired = aerodynamicSystems

A little mistake that can be fixed quite quickly. I already fixed it on mine, and can be done quite quickly.

Thanks! not the first time I made that mistake. damn tech node IDs lol

ok fixed.

Edited by nli2work

Man, i love the transparent pods.

The only thing i would put in there is that frozen in edges of it, to it show when is no reflexion.

But seen in the video, i saw that little froze on some angles, maybe it need to be more present in other types of state, to avoid that 100% transparent that appears to be without glass. Or and the fake reflex starts, with little gold color, like the one we have with that mod that change textures on the helmet on Kerbals EVA.

Like the ones B9 put.

But they are so pretty!

:P

p.s.: Are they prepared to TAC Life Support?

ex:

14940303106_85566c8f68_o.pngExample of the colour and reflexion on helmet but for the glass on pods.

Edited by Climberfx

When would you say that Retro Future 1.4 comes out? I have seen the new propellers and cockpits they look nice.

this weekend maybe. doing exporting and config setup right now.

But seen in the video, i saw that little froze on some angles, maybe it need to be more present in other types of state, to avoid that 100% transparent that appears to be without glass. Or and the fake reflex starts, with little gold color, like the one we have with that mod that change textures on the helmet on Kerbals EVA.

Like the ones B9 put.

p.s.: Are they prepared to TAC Life Support?

Thanks! glad you like them. I'll try the reflective shader from TextureReplacer. it may or may not work. They both swap shaders real time and may fight each other. Does B9 use the same visor shader from TextureReplacer? B9 windows look like the Kerbal's visor?

I haven't tested, but the pods should be alright for TAC-LS. all parts with command module gets 1 days of supplies per crew member added by TAC-LS

Edited by nli2work

B9 don't have that a cool gold and stars fx. It have the frozen on edges only. That is cool too.

But the visor is cooler. I have the textures i use for it, both, color and reflex. Here if it help.

You may use it yourself, without the need of Texture Replacer. The reflex use the cube method. 6 textures in low resolution for it in the EnvMap.

Not sure about the gold colour. I think is just a shader colour.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7jwmmx476hprq0/EnvMap.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p73qx799hx1hml/Helmet%20Ref.zip?dl=0

For the TAC LS, you are right, i forgot that.

Cheers!

Great parts, I used the smallest to build a "kethane prospector" ship;

http://i.imgur.com/R8eCE80.jpg

Very nice! But how did you get the cockpit to fit on the front?

Actually this goes along with what I came here to ask. Could we get some transparent pods for planes? I'd love to see my little guy in the seat as he breaks the sound barrier ;D

Very nice! But how did you get the cockpit to fit on the front?

Actually this goes along with what I came here to ask. Could we get some transparent pods for planes? I'd love to see my little guy in the seat as he breaks the sound barrier ;D

That would be cool, but for the moment not likely. TransparentPod is still very much in alpha stage. I want to wait for it mature a bit before investing time in setting up pods using it.

Retro-Future v1.4
New Parts
High domed cockpit, aka "The Fly"
v12 Brick Top engine
v12 Mislyn engine
r10 Russian Bear engine
ax16 LeBaron engine
1.25m Circular intake.
Inline Main landing gear

Changes
Reduced max thrust and heat production for all piston engines; propfans remain the same
Spoiler and Airbrake moved to Control category
Alternate texture set for better color coordination with stock parts. Extract AlternateColors.zip to Gamedata and replace texture files.

jf0X2Cz.jpg

Retro-Future v1.4.1b

pWing support, if you have Procedural Dynamics installed you will have access to the following:

standard pWing

All move pWing surface

round wing tip

standard pControl Surface

Changes

fixed inLine Main Landing Gear

small mesh and texture updates

Example Craft Files [REQUIRES Procedural Dynamics]

Sanka Mk.b

Skyly J2

Vampire Night Fighter

Heavy Bomber

P-51 Mustang

Link in OP

And -- Kerbalstuff is back up. ;)

Love the new parts nli2work!

A weird visual though on the nose gear: it appears to be tweaked (turned) slightly off of center. I can't tell if it's just a visual thing, but I loaded up your Sanka craft, and it does pull off to one side for me almost immediately.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.