Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the right place for asking questions? Oh well.

2 questions;

Is it okay to post crafts on Kerbal Stuff? I've never seen any crafts on there.

And: Will there ever be a seperate category for crafts in Kerbal Stuff? I figure that if it IS okay to post crafts there, it'd be a good idea to add a category for crafts.

(also, thanks for making this replacement for Curse! I like it vast amounts more.)

2 questions; Is it okay to post crafts on Kerbal Stuff? I've never seen any crafts on there.

1. Yes :)

2. No. It's not strictly forbidden, but please don't: there is a whole website dedicated to crafts (KerbalX) that does it way better than KerbalStuff could :)

1. Yes :)

2. No. It's not strictly forbidden, but please don't: there is a whole website dedicated to crafts (KerbalX) that does it way better than KerbalStuff could :)

1. No

2. No

Crafts are not allowed on Kerbal Stuff.

Other news: just added a small feature:

NziNZSC2zpS7.png

2 questions;

Is it okay to post crafts on Kerbal Stuff? I've never seen any crafts on there.

And: Will there ever be a seperate category for crafts in Kerbal Stuff? I figure that if it IS okay to post crafts there, it'd be a good idea to add a category for crafts.

(also, thanks for making this replacement for Curse! I like it vast amounts more.)

Use kerbalX its a site thats been designed for craft files its excellent http://kerbalx.com/

Just chiming in here. I like the interface too, but here are the two nit-picks I have (and really, they're just nit-picks):

1. I keep looking for a "save" button at the bottom, when I'm editing the mod info. I adjust the fields in order, and end up at the bottom of the page, and then have to scroll back up to save changes.

2. The thumbnail and the banner use the same image, but have completely different aspect ratios. While we can adjust the height position of the banner, we have no control for the thumbnail. So it's really hard to make an image that looks good for both.

I like KerbalStuff a lot, and have been using it as the primary location for my mods, in that my AVC links point there, and it's the first download link on each of my mod threads.

Update: you can now make mod packs on Kerbal Stuff. This should allow people to make mod packs, but prevents problems with outdated mods and makes sure the authors get credit (as well as being convenient). Here's an example: https://kerbalstuff.com/pack/1/Interstellar%20Quest

Just chiming in here. I like the interface too, but here are the two nit-picks I have (and really, they're just nit-picks):

1. I keep looking for a "save" button at the bottom, when I'm editing the mod info. I adjust the fields in order, and end up at the bottom of the page, and then have to scroll back up to save changes.

2. The thumbnail and the banner use the same image, but have completely different aspect ratios. While we can adjust the height position of the banner, we have no control for the thumbnail. So it's really hard to make an image that looks good for both.

I like KerbalStuff a lot, and have been using it as the primary location for my mods, in that my AVC links point there, and it's the first download link on each of my mod threads.

I'm more likely to fix #1 than #2.

Update: you can now make mod packs on Kerbal Stuff. This should allow people to make mod packs, but prevents problems with outdated mods and makes sure the authors get credit (as well as being convenient).

Very very nice addition... I imagine this could lead to an explosion of mod packs, though, so some discovery mechanism might be cool... On the other hand, I'm sure you are already hacking away at that as well, right? :D

Very very nice addition... I imagine this could lead to an explosion of mod packs, though, so some discovery mechanism might be cool... On the other hand, I'm sure you are already hacking away at that as well, right? :D

Nope, the discovery being missing is intentional. You'll have to share links to your mod packs on the forum or Reddit or whatever.

Is that example a mockup, or a working pack? All the download links point to FAR v14.4 rather than individual mods

Also, a "Mod List" would be a more accurate name for this feature, its a curated list of what to download, rather than a unified, single pack with compatibility tweaks meant to work together as a unit.

Does it let you specify a specific version of a mod? Perhaps only an older version works with another mod, or perhaps there's a special version with compatibility built in.

Is that example a mockup, or a working pack? All the download links point to FAR v14.4 rather than individual mods

Also, a "Mod List" would be a more accurate name for this feature, its a curated list of what to download, rather than a unified, single pack with compatibility tweaks meant to work together as a unit.

Does it let you specify a specific version of a mod? Perhaps only an older version works with another mod, or perhaps there's a special version with compatibility built in.

Whoops, the ferram bug was an oversight that's been corrected. This is (supposed to be) a working pack.

I prefer "mod pack" to "mod list".

I'm open to adding specific versions later on, but for now it's just the latest.

"Mod List" would be a more accurate name for this feature ...

Agreed. It's not "packed" into a single download. (That's certainly possible, but probably unnecessary.)

... its a curated list of what to download, rather than a unified, single pack with compatibility tweaks meant to work together as a unit.

"Adapter" mods can usually provide the necessary customizations. Plus, this paradigm encourages modders to create better APIs so that internal modifications aren't necessary.

Update: you can now make mod packs on Kerbal Stuff. This should allow people to make mod packs, but prevents problems with outdated mods and makes sure the authors get credit (as well as being convenient). Here's an example: https://kerbalstuff.com/pack/1/Interstellar%20Quest

I like this way of doing mod packs (or mod lists). Neat idea.

I can't figure out how to change my header, I 'click to upload header', pick my jpg, but it just sits at 'uploading'. What type of file is it looking for? What's the max Size? I've tried with both IE and chrome, same thing happens.

I can't figure out how to change my header, I 'click to upload header', pick my jpg, but it just sits at 'uploading'. What type of file is it looking for? What's the max Size? I've tried with both IE and chrome, same thing happens.

Sorry - this feature is not working right now. It'll be resolved soon.