[0.90] ON HOLD Klockheed Martian Special Parts V2.2 - 28-Nov - Dev Thread

small floats will disappear completely into the small Squad SRBs, however if you know where they are you can find them by moving the mouse cursor around the area until the booster is no longer selected. So not breaking but certainly a little annoying :P

Thank you dtobi for posting these great parts so that we may play with them. I have been using these for a couple of days and love the little ease of use details like being able to hide shrouds in the editor etc. One bug/omission that I am currently experiencing is FAR related -the KM Generic shrouds do not appear to provide aerodynamic shielding despite showing (right click menu) that the internals are shielded in the VAB (still end up with drag values for the supposedly shielded parts).

Edit: This is interesting. Things start laging when I switched to career mode. On a vanilla install the parts work quite well without any lag... Now trying with FAR.

Edit: It seems to come from Tweakscale alone. Removing tweakscale fixes the lag. Need to try more tomorrow.

Edit: The science configs in tweakscale seem to slow things down. Once I remove the techRequired parameter from the tweakscale module everything works fine.

So is there a fix for this? I really like these parts, so for now I'm just putting up with the 30 seconds of lag to select a part.

So is there a fix for this? I really like these parts, so for now I'm just putting up with the 30 seconds of lag to select a part.

Just comment out the tech required section of the TweakScale node. Example:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, 1.875, 2.5
scaleNames = 0.625, 1.25, 1.875, 2.5
//techRequired = precisionEngineering, specializedConstruction, advMetalworks, veryHeavyRocketry
}

Just comment out the tech required section of the TweakScale node. Example:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, 1.875, 2.5
scaleNames = 0.625, 1.25, 1.875, 2.5
//techRequired = precisionEngineering, specializedConstruction, advMetalworks, veryHeavyRocketry
}

I re-raised the issue again in the tweakscale thread. I might just remove tweakscale if it can't be fixed(which would be sad).

Still waiting for an answer.

They should be, the only thing that could be uncompatible would be tweakscale.

And about the tech requirements, why not simply delete that line? It wouldn't do much gameplay-wise since you don't really have a need for 3.75 m crocodiles early in the game :P

I can write a quick MM patch to delete that line from all parts so you can choose to put up with the lag and have some restriction or play lag-free but without tech integration.

I'll post it in a couple of hours, going out now.

It should take care of all the problems.

Edited by Floppster

This should do it, tell me if there's any problems as I can't test it at the moment.

@PART[km_com*]:HAS[@MODULE[TweakScale]]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[TweakScale]
{
!techRequired = DELETE
}
}

Paste that into a file

Name it [something].cfg

Put in GameData.

Profit.

This should do it, tell me if there's any problems as I can't test it at the moment.

@PART[km_com*]:HAS[@MODULE[TweakScale]]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[TweakScale]
{
!techRequired = DELETE
}
}

Paste that into a file

Name it [something].cfg

Put in GameData.

Profit.

Just tested something practically identical and it's all working very nicely.

There is a new update for all Klockheed Martian Parts. I'd like people to test it before I annouce it on the OP.

I have changed the KM folder structure so please delete all older Klockheed Martian folders you already have! The two main drivers behind this update are a) 0.24 compatibility and B) maintainability.

All Mod Packs are now in separate folders. This makes it easier to update or uninstall a single pack. There is still one pack that is required by all. The general "Klockheed_Martian" Pack. It provides service functions.

Pre-versions of all packs are available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r93q90vpbeavoye/AACAlIFel0ufwiU4h1_WtfFGa/KSP

Please download the "Klockheed_Martian" pack AND the pack you want. So for example, if you want Space Shuttle Engines, please download both Klockheed_Martian and Klockheed_Martian_SSE. The Klockheed_Martian Pack is prequired for ALL mods.

I would be very happy to receive some feedback.

There are also two goodies: a) The valve should work again and B) there is an IVA for the Skylab.

Thanks for testing!

Dtobi, the dropbox folder Klockheed_Martian_Special is empty. The others seem fine. I'm going to do some testing now.

Edit after testing:

I did a quick overview of most of the parts using a stock (I did use Tweakscale 1.21 for the special parts and modulemanager) x64 install.

All of the part have their intended functions and capabilities(tweaking in flight/VAB, crabbing with claws, inflating, animations, ect). I did not encounter any bugs or other in-game errors.

You wrote in the coolrockets readme that you included modulemanager but it wasn't in the gamedata folder. If you did on purpose for the pre-release then you can forget I mentioned it.

The crocodile fairings are still acting weird as I mentioned before:

* Crocodile-style fairings (+/-)

- They are open when the vessel is loaded in flight mode while they were closed in the VAB editor. The same happens when they are open in the VAB and close as soon as they are loaded for flight.

It is more odd than annoying.

In a nutshell, the 0.24 updates for your mods are working and stable (for me).

Now as a sidenote: what the hell is that kerbal doing in the Skylab IVA (it looks very nice and open, the double floors are a nice feature)? The one in the tube. If it is a command chair thingy than okay, if not then give him a curtain a least. :wink:

Edited by 4nxs

Dtobi, the dropbox folder Klockheed_Martian_Special is empty. The others seem fine. I'm going to do some testing now.

Edit after testing:

I did a quick overview of most of the parts using a stock (I did use Tweakscale 1.21 for the special parts and modulemanager) x64 install.

All of the part have their intended functions and capabilities(tweaking in flight/VAB, crabbing with claws, inflating, animations, ect). I did not encounter any bugs or other in-game errors.

You wrote in the coolrockets readme that you included modulemanager but it wasn't in the gamedata folder. If you did on purpose for the pre-release then you can forget I mentioned it.

The crocodile fairings are still acting weird as I mentioned before:

It is more odd than annoying.

In a nutshell, the 0.24 updates for your mods are working and stable (for me).

Now as a sidenote: what the hell is that kerbal doing in the Skylab IVA (it looks very nice and open, the double floors are a nice feature)? The one in the tube. If it is a command chair thingy than okay, if not then give him a curtain a least. :wink:

He is taking a shower. Skylab actually had one. The later vessels and ISS don't seem to have such luxury.

Edit: need to check the crocks. I was a bit busy with the Iva and .24 randomness. Sorry.

He is taking a shower. Skylab actually had one. The later vessels and ISS don't seem to have such luxury.

Mir did, apparently. There's probably a story why ISS does not, though.

Edit: need to check the crocks. I was a bit busy with the Iva and .24 randomness. Sorry.

Aha I thought they always scrubbed in space, perhaps it was a trial and error process.

As for the crocks, take your time it is only a minor issue.

I'm having an issue with the dropbox dev release and TweakScale 1.23: when I left-click on the parts, the option to change the scale does not show up. After encountering this issue, I commented out the TweakScale research lines as discussed earlier in the thread, as I thought it might be linked to the problems some people have had with that, but the issue persists. Any insights into what's up with that?

Edit: my bad, looks like I had installed another mod incorrectly, and there was an older version of TweakScale in my GameData folder. Sorry for cluttering up the thread.

Edited by HawkW
found out the source of the problem.

Hi Dtobi,

I have a strange bug under with the KM cargo bays (KSP 0.24 x86), they work fine in sandbox mode but in career mode, if I right click on them, I do not get the cursor to resize and if I try to launch the vehicle, the vehicle does not load on the launchpad.

All the other parts work fine.

Hi Dtobi,

I have a strange bug under with the KM cargo bays (KSP 0.24 x86), they work fine in sandbox mode but in career mode, if I right click on them, I do not get the cursor to resize and if I try to launch the vehicle, the vehicle does not load on the launchpad.

All the other parts work fine.

Update after some testing.

The bug ( ship do not load on the launchpad)happens only when the basic part is unlocked and no nodes that unlocks additional sizes.

I tested only the small cargo bay.

The bug ( ship do not load on the launchpad)happens only when the basic part is unlocked and no nodes that unlocks additional sizes.

I tested only the small cargo bay.

Can you clarify what you mean by the ship not loading on the launchpad? I'm trying to track down a bug somewhere in my KSP install and it might be related.

Edit: @dtobi, it looks like the TweakScale science issue has been fixed in the current version of TweakScale. It's no longer stalling when using those parts.

Edited by somnambulist