[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I like the 50cal popping up. The model of the vulcan is awesome. And the airborne laser is one hell of a debris buster.

But the laser does have one minor flaw. Though it is extremely accurate in any direction, it has great difficulties aiming dead ahead.

Edit: I just noticed a potential lethal flaw. In map mode, with a gun still active, it fires on a left mouse click. With absolutely no idea where you're aiming.

Perhaps a good idea to disable the trigger in map mode.

Edited by Tex_NL

Yeah, the laser can't point straight up since the tracking mechanism gets all glitchy (its like gimbal lock or something) so there's like a 4º deadzone cone. I haven't actually tried it with the recent version though. Try setting maxPitch to 90 in the config file.

As for the map problem... eek I forgot about that. I won't have time to fix it till tomorrow.

Lack, I'll make a better guide when I have time, but hopefully this will help a little:

The pitchTransform and yawTransforms' local X axis points toward the front of the gun with Z pointing up. The gun model itself should point towards the global negative Z direction.

vWv7wvQ.png

edit: forgot to expand that last bit

TQImmfM.png

Edited by BahamutoD

Yeah, the laser can't point straight up since the tracking mechanism gets all glitchy (its like gimbal lock or something) so there's like a 4º deadzone cone. I haven't actually tried it with the recent version though. Try setting maxPitch to 90 in the config file.

As for the map problem... eek I forgot about that. I won't have time to fix it till tomorrow.

Edited by Tex_NL

I think you should make a different sound for the Vulcan gatling cannon, the one u use is a generic machinegun sound while gatling with their tremendous rate of fire have a totally different sound, in fact that doesn't seem to be a firearm who is shooting.

start at 00:55

Another sound here

start at 00:22

And if it's not a 20mm but a 30 there is a short vid where you can hear the so special loud sound that the GAU-8 Avenger makes

Time to clean my LKO orbit :sticktongue:

And if it's not a 20mm but a 30 there is a short vid where you can hear the so special loud sound that the GAU-8 Avenger makes

I dont thing we've gotten to the GAU-8... I dont think that one will be able to pivot when we do get it...

I think you should make a different sound for the Vulcan gatling cannon, the one u use is a generic machinegun sound while gatling with their tremendous rate of fire have a totally different sound, in fact that doesn't seem to be a firearm who is shooting.

That's not a real video of actual M61 20mm rounds hitting. Those are special affects for the IMAX movie "Fighter Pilot".

That's not a real video of actual M61 20mm rounds hitting. Those are special affects for the IMAX movie "Fighter Pilot".

Considering that video wasnt about the 20mm M61 youre right... those were 30mm GAU-8 rounds from A-10's striking the tank.

The point isn't the video, the point is the SOUND. I know it's GAU-8 Avenger a 7 barreled 30mm gatling and not M61A1 Vulcan a 6 barreled 20mm one and know it's a SFX video for IMAX. You can hear the difference between a standard machine gun with great RoF and a gatling gun. The classic machine gun make a "takatakataka" more or less quickly, the gatling gun make a sound closer to drone huming a sort of "brrrrrrrrr".

About pivoting 30mm gatling, sure it's possible, check the Goalkeeper CIWS or the AK630 or the Kashtan ADS with dual GSh-30K - another 30mm gatling gun - (and multiple SAM) so we could have one but the recoil would be "a little bit" stronger than the Vulcan :confused:

Jeb, I think we lost the rear of the truck.

Hey BahamutoD, I love the work you are doing on all of your mods! Is there a chance that you would at some point want to make a tutorial on how to make a part for KSP, from start to finish? I've toyed around in Blender and made a model of a cockpit, but I can never get the texturing right, and I'm sure that I'm missing some little tips and tricks when it comes to modeling the part, especially with small details. Plus I haven't touched Unity yet.... You seem like the kind of person who has a lot of experience with all of the programs associated, since you've been pushing out all of these awesome parts within a few days! I know you are busy with the mods at hand, so I wouldn't expect a tutorial soon, but eventually would be great for people like me who would love to get into modding. Thanks for all the great stuff!

I have an idea for a cool feature for this mod (which you are completely free to ignore)

Any kind of Rasterprop Monitor integration would be awesome.

You could use the monitors to lock onto targets, display your current target, aim or otherwise control the turrets, or even display ammunition supply. This kind of RPM support would make this mod just that much more amazing.

Its up to you though, and I don't want to distract you from your primary goals for this mod.

Edited by jfull

About the colors: not yet. I should have that in the next update.

So, minor question relating to your older EPL tanks and printer: Are any fixes planned???

I plan on fixing them/working on them when .24 rolls out. I have to make a pass over everything to get the prices right for the econ system as well.

Any kind of Rasterprop Monitor integration would be awesome.

Agreed, it would be awesome eventually, but as you said, low priority for now.

About the vulcan's sound fx: Its hard to get a sound effect to sound good at 2200 rpm (let alone 6000, which is what it's supposed to be), but if I can, I will.

Sirkut and Lack, I'm just working on a shell ejection feature and deciding what gun to make next so I can make a tutorial along with it. I'm not sure why but it's not finding the transform I set for the location of the shell ejection. //nevermind I found the problem, I'm dumb

Edited by BahamutoD

Perhaps a main cannon for a tank or an artillery cannon. Something with BIG shells

Then again, a lot of people want a railgun

Yep, I'll second this, Baha. :) I suggest watching some video of an M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank firing its main gun for inspiration. Make something really powerful like that! :D

Call it whatever you like, a cannon, a railgun, toMAYto, toMAHto... :) If it has a more sci-fi style, it can be a railgun. If you want a more 'traditional' look, call it a tank turret. Better yet, why not both? :D

Anyway, I look forward to whatever comes next. ;)

Oh yes, a railgun would be fun. This looks like a promising mod! I'm currently using Lazor guided weapons which are really... accurate. Maybe a configurable option in your mod would cause your weapons to occasionally miss. That would make for some interesting stories.

Perhaps a main cannon for a tank or an artillery cannon. Something with BIG shells

Then again, a lot of people want a railgun

Railguns look pretty cool.

General-Atomics-railgun.jpg

But if you want BIG shells, you want a railWAY gun

800px-Gesch%C3%BCtzDora2.JPG

I believe this is the largest mobile (without disassembling) artillery piece that uses explosive shells.

Dora is a whackjobian spg :sticktongue: firing a 7t AP shell at 40km. Could make a nice anti asteroid gun if you could bring it to the stars

"Today, is a great day, we will bring the Dora Kerman to the space! 1300t isn't that heavy after all."

Bill Kerman

A tank gun with some plates to fit around a mobile turret skeleton (allowing some customization) would be nice too of course.

Good luck with all of those wishes :D