[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

Quite strange. I have re-installed the mod, this time installing the "official" version first, and now it works... maybe you _did_ forget to package one file?

Edit:

Looks like the only difference, apart from some conf file changes, are the files

> ./NavInstruments/PluginData/NavUtilLib/AI_VSILINE.png

> ./NavInstruments/PluginData/NavUtilLib/AI_THROTTLEBAR.png

> ./NavInstruments/PluginData/NavUtilLib/AI_RADARDIAL.png

> ./NavInstruments/PluginData/NavUtilLib/AI_RADAR.png

> ./NavInstruments/PluginData/NavUtilLib/AI_OVERLAY.png

> ./NavInstruments/PluginData/NavUtilLib/AI_LADDER.png

that have been added in your version.

Maybe I failed when installing this for the first time, though I can't think of any way I could have.

Edited by mic_e

My build is based on dev version from Git HUB. I took all files from the compiled dev version and just replaced some dll-s compiled by me.

I have made some comparisons now. Mine and dev are different in those dll-s only. As for difference between DEV and official:

7U4uIOH.png

As you can see the dll-s are different, most of those cfg-s are in fact the same inside. The difference is only in png-s added and in MFD configs.

So still I can't tell what could lead to your issues. The only thing I can suppose is that you had a corrupt zip on your first install.

Edited by Ser

Hi everyone

Sorry for not being responsive lately, real life got in the way. I'm working on getting everything working in 1.0.2: I think I have the stock toolbar stuff figured out, but I need to update for Blizzy78's toolbar and check to see if everything works in RPM. So lots of testing ahead, but I figure I can get a patch out relatively soon.

RE: posting hotfixes. That's exactly what I'd hoped would happen in case I took an unexpected absence, and so I'm glad some effort was taken in patching it. I'd advocate users continue with the unofficial fix until I have a version published. Thanks Ser for keeping it going!

Update:

Is there any interest from users of kOS to have access to the ILS information via a context menu on a special part? (IE an antenna) It might be possible to write a landing program then, but that's beyond what I could do in kOS: but it'd be pretty easy to expose the information if there's desire.

Edited by kujuman

Let me know how the artificial horizon/primary flight display works, I want it to be functional. Are the numbers in a helpful place/large enough?

As a simulator junkie who uses it a lot, I think they should be a bit bigger. I have to zoom in sometimes to get a good view of the numbers. Also, in terms of colour, maybe you could make the attitude indicator stand out more from the blue part of the artificial horizon? A simply black outline would do wonders.

Thanks for this great mod!

• 2 weeks later...
As a simulator junkie who uses it a lot, I think they should be a bit bigger. I have to zoom in sometimes to get a good view of the numbers. Also, in terms of colour, maybe you could make the attitude indicator stand out more from the blue part of the artificial horizon? A simply black outline would do wonders.

Thanks for this great mod!

Okay, I'll take these things under advisement (thanks for the comments!). When you refer to the "attitude indicator", do you mean adding a black outline around the yellow wings or around the white ladder with the pitch up information? (the roll and pitch digits in the upper corner are intended as a debugging tool btw)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@kujuman, just noticed that the marker sounds are not playing for some reason. May be they simply need higher priorities for the other sounds haven't overlapped them?

I'm creating new MFD pages for RPM, they are 800x800 instead of 640x640 to give more detail and more room for info.

I configured it to use NavInstruments ILS and ADI, but looks like it's not resizing the images to fit other resolutions than 640x640... ಠï¹Âಠ

ysTRTBh.pngzbA2WOC.png

Edited by luizopiloto

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants, I added a small black outline to the artificial horizon's 'ladder', and added a central dot to the pair of yellow 'wings'.

7VXm0gl.pngSqT13Dx.png

Download it and replace the files as follows:

Replacement AH ladder: GameData/KerbalScienceFoundation/NavInstruments/PluginData/NavUtilLib/AI_LADDER.png

Replacement centre marker 'wings': GameData/KerbalScienceFoundation/NavInstruments/PluginData/NavUtilLib/AI_OVERLAY.png

If kujuman asks, I'll take these down. In the meantime, if I can get some in-flight screenshots, I'll put them here too.

EDIT: Here it is!

NLHQmzG.png
Edited by T-Pilot395

Slightly stupid question, how do I use the, uh, ADI? I've tried having it on a second screen while landing, but it seemed to do nothing....

Select the correct runway, 2 arrows will appear, 1 pink, and 1 white. The white arrow points out the direction of the runway. The pink arrow is aligned to the runway's direction. If you're aligned, both of these arrows should line up. Also, the pink arrow's middle section will be off to the side. That indicates how far off you are from runway alignment. As you drift further aside from the runway, the middle section will drift further away from the centre point. So to align yourself, make sure these 3 things are aligned with each other:

1. White arrow

2. Pink arrow

3. Pink arrow's middle section

The middle section will turn yellow when you're closer, as this time it will track right down to runway centreline instead, for increased accuracy.

Your glide slope indicator is located at the right/left sides. When you're on the correct direction for the runway, the pink triangle will move up and down the gauge. If it's above the line, you're too low, and will touchdown on the grass before the runway threshold. If it's below the line, you're too high, and will touch down further beyond the runway threshold. Obviously, you'll want to keep the glide slope arrow on or above the white line.

If either of the instruments aren't functioning because you're not close enough to the runway to trigger them, you'll see 2 red flags: 'LOC' means the alignment guide isn't available, and 'G/S' means your glide slope indicator isn't functioning.

• 2 months later...

I use Kerbin-Side to get more bases/runways/launchpads...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82785

Then, as stated on the main post, you copy this .cfg for NavUtils to access the new runways:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82785-1-0-4-Kerbin-Side-%28v1-0-5%29-Supplements?p=2155480&viewfull=1#post2155480

Edited by Stone Blue

I use Kerbin-Side to get more bases/runways/launchpads...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82785

Then, as stated on the main post, you copy this .cfg for NavUtils to access the new runways:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82785-1-0-4-Kerbin-Side-%28v1-0-5%29-Supplements?p=2155480&viewfull=1#post2155480

Thanks but that's not my answer. I am not interested in adding new runways, buildings or launching sites.

This mod already mentions some runways apart from the 09 and the 27 (which are the official ones) and the helipads (previously only cosmetic). What about the others, already in the vanilla game?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.