[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

Any contracts on the mission board will upgrade themselves with anything required, but they might have weird values for the objectives. So yes it's compatible, just keep an eye out for that. Over time normal new version missions will pop up. If you want to force that to happen immediately, you can use the debug menu to flush the mission board and regenerate new contracts.

EDIT: Alt-F12->Contracts->Tools

I get this in my logs:

[ModStatistics] Error while inspecting assembly FinePrint. This probably means that FinePrint is targeting a runtime other than .NET 3.5. Please notify the author of FinePrint of this error.

Oh no ModStatistics can't crawl through my code? It's not a big deal, but I will retarget it in the next version so that this mod can go through my assemblies without displaying alarming messages to users. To clarify, this is ModStatistics throwing it's own error - not my mod, and not Kerbal Space Program.

Edited by Arsonide

Oh no ModStatistics can't crawl through my code? It's not a big deal, but I will retarget it in the next version so that this mod can go through my assemblies without displaying alarming messages to users.

It is a valid warning, actually. If you use anything in .NET 4.5 which isn't in .NET 3.5, it will cause undefined behavior when your plugin is loaded.

It is a valid warning, actually. If you use anything in .NET 4.5 which isn't in .NET 3.5, it will cause undefined behavior when your plugin is loaded.

I'm not using 4.5, or using any newer features, so it's not an issue for me. A good place to discuss this is in a stickied thread in the addon development forum, not in the error logs of the users of other people's addons.

To be clear: I do not support or condone the interaction of ModStatistics with any mods or users that have chosen not to utilize it. I will change the assembly to stop this error, but only to prevent confusion caused by that mod, and not any problems that my mod is experiencing.

Edited by Arsonide

Two quick things:

Could you post a changelog somewhere if possible?

And I recall some mention of putting satellites into target orbits, but the OP doesn't list that in the new contract types. Is the list incomplete or is that contract in the works? Either way, I used Extra Contracts and had just got an Asteroid Interceptor up and ready.. had to delete it from the savefile and refund my money.. uhh, what Asteroid Interceptor? It was never there.. >.>

Two quick things:

Could you post a changelog somewhere if possible?

And I recall some mention of putting satellites into target orbits, but the OP doesn't list that in the new contract types. Is the list incomplete or is that contract in the works? Either way, I used Extra Contracts and had just got an Asteroid Interceptor up and ready.. had to delete it from the savefile and refund my money.. uhh, what Asteroid Interceptor? It was never there.. >.>

Satellites are in the works. The feedback against aerial survey clutter was great enough that I wanted to get this out as soon as possible. I threw in the cupola objective so there'd be something new in addition to features. The changelog is at the top of the last page.

EDIT: Main post has a changelog section now.

Edited by Arsonide

Satellites are in the works. The feedback against aerial survey clutter was great enough that I wanted to get this out as soon as possible. I threw in the cupola objective so there'd be something new in addition to features. The changelog is at the top of the last page.

EDIT: Main post has a changelog section now.

You da man! I was just wondering because that contract looked pretty neat. Glad it's still coming :)

You da man! I was just wondering because that contract looked pretty neat. Glad it's still coming :)

It was going to be a quick one, then I realized that I had two options: make you able to match the orbit in either direction (retrograde or prograde), or find a way to show which way the orbit is going. I've found a way, but it'll take some time to implement.

hopely u can add contracts to test the custom parts like it does with stock?

also would be awsome if someone designed a mod that u cant use a part till u conduct a test of it first

I released a minor hotfix that corrects the erroneous message thrown by ModStatistics, as I do not want people to think that my mod is affiliated with it. There are no gameplay changes in this fix.

Did you look at the possibility of rescuying whole crafts instead/in addition to rescuying lone kerbals? I think it will be much cooler to dock and then refuel instead of just getting a dude inside a capsule.

Arsonide, awesome work... After testing this new release, everything seems to work as expected. No more spamming of contracts, and aerial missions are still far away to be quite challenging, but the way points are clustered in manageable distances. The way points in the nav ball are also a really well done and clever solved addition, and working great!

For the aerial missions, more variations would be cool. Like some short range and long range ones, and maybe several for low altitudes. Also, the description of the aerial missions could be more descriptive, like if the target way points are far away, or near. I'm trying to reach a way point with a Firespitter double decker, and it's taking eons...

All in all, this is an awesome mod! Keep it up!

Great mod! Tried it briefly last night and am very much looking forward to trying the update this evening, the clickable way points should make things much easier.

One quick question (as I've not tried this type of contract yet)... for base building is it only stock parts that count or can things like Bobcat's "HOME" system be used?

Thanks, Keep up the good work.

I was just wondering, I have the previous version of Fine Prints with some missions accepted in my career mode. What happens with them after I install this one?

Thanks, great mod!

They will have default values for anything new I added, meaning that they might look a little goofy, any that generate after the patch will look fine.

Great mod! Tried it briefly last night and am very much looking forward to trying the update this evening, the clickable way points should make things much easier.

One quick question (as I've not tried this type of contract yet)... for base building is it only stock parts that count or can things like Bobcat's "HOME" system be used?

Thanks, Keep up the good work.

This patch was the first step towards mod compatibility, and I didn't get HOME in, I did, however, get MKS and OKS in, which more people seemed to be using.

Another quick question: are the rover/aerial waypoints visible in the tracking station? If not, would it be possible to make them so? :D

What I'm thinking about doing is showing all waypoints for all missions in the tracking station, even missions that are still on the board, but in game, you will only see accepted ones.

Edited by Arsonide

Thanks for the swift reply, I'll have a look at MKS (been thinking about that one anyway) and OKS in the meantime then. It's nice to know before flying all the way out there to set up my base :D.

Have subscribed to your mod on Kerbalstuff so am looking forward to future updates.

u could do that obsessed with that mod that makes the navball into a geo orb around u. forgot the mods name

Navhud? I have that on in front of me right now - it displays targets but A, the waypoints aren't targets and B, it's only in flight mode anyway :)

What I'm thinking about doing is showing all waypoints for all missions in the tracking station, even missions that are still on the board, but in game, you will only see accepted ones.

Sounds great! Look forward to it :)

Heh, as I type this, MJ is driving my rover south.. I overshot the target landing site by quite a bit.. thanks god it's the flat Ice Caps and not the Mountains or something.. :P Loving this mod, thanks!

thanks god it's the flat Ice Caps and not the Mountains or something.. :P Loving this mod, thanks!

It's capable of generating near the equator, but it seems to prefer the poles. I believe this is because the latitude and longitude get denser up there, thus giving more opportunities for the random generator to pick that location. In the future I will probably weight the choice towards the equator some how.

i got 2 errors not sure if they related to this mod but since they about missions thought would put for u to check

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Templates.PartTest.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.OnReputationChanged (Single newRep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[System.Single].Fire (Single data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Reputation.AddReputation (Single r, System.String reason) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Reputation.onvesselRecoveryProcessing (.ProtoVessel pv, .MissionRecoveryDialog mrDialog, Single recoveryScore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`3[ProtoVessel,MissionRecoveryDialog,System.Single].Fire (.ProtoVessel data0, .MissionRecoveryDialog data1, Single data2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VesselRecovery.OnVesselRecovered (.ProtoVessel pv) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[ProtoVessel].Fire (.ProtoVessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VesselRetrieval.recoverVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VesselRetrieval.recoverVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VesselRetrieval+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

basialy it causes the sytem to bug out and the crew gets recovred but also they die since ship stays and wont let u recover it right. gonna remove this and see if error stops.

Looks like it's trying to generate a stock mission, the part test. Out of curiosity, are you using 0.51 or 0.52? There's a reference to LINQ in there that might be related to not having 0.52. (Probably not though.)

Edited by Arsonide

Is anyone else noticing, at least with aerial surveys, the locations don't persist? I had a contract, 4 targets, built 2 planes, cause one couldn't carry enough fuel to get all, plane 1 hit the two northern most targets, landed and recovered. loaded second plane, 2 southern most targets shifted, one near south pole, one near equator. Is this a bug?