[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

Maybe make it so that you don't get duplicate contracts to make bases on the same place? For example, you can get contracts to build a land base and an orbital base on the Mun, but two contracts to build a land base on the Mun never appear at the same time.

Maybe make it so that you don't get duplicate contracts to make bases on the same place? For example, you can get contracts to build a land base and an orbital base on the Mun, but two contracts to build a land base on the Mun never appear at the same time.

I implemented this in the development branch. Base, station, and ARM contracts will no longer generate if a similar one exists on the board or has been accepted by the player. Thank you for the suggestion.

I also did eventually decide to have the board automatically refresh itself if it detects any differences in the savegame, which would happen after a patch or if the save was manually modified by the player or an external program. This only happens once per run of the game if save modifications are detected. There are thousands of downloads of the mod, and I figure thousands of people aren't going to read the steps to refresh the board themselves. It should prevent a lot of false error reports.

Edited by Arsonide

Time for a dumb question: if you clear the contracts, then delete the mod, can you still continue your current career save? I.E., can you play with this mod, then delete it, and continue with a vanilla career playthrough? Cheers :)

0.53a has been released on KerbalStuff. Here's the changes:

The mod already verified entries of the save game and initialized them to default values if they were missing or invalid, which would happen any time the save game was manually modified by a player or a program, or after a patch that added new things. This would prevent crashing, but not weird little glitches, which would occur until the game naturally generated new missions, or until you refreshed the board manually. Now, whenever the mod detects one of these, it will automatically refresh the board for you. This means that any active contracts will be cleared sometimes after a patch, but it also means that you will not be experiencing these glitches. Please complete any active contracts that you care about before patching.

Added new logic to control when contracts are handed out on the board. Asteroid Retrieval, Station Building, and Base Building can now only have two contracts out at any given time, and you will not receive duplicate missions to build or retrieve the same things in the same locations, to prevent contract stacking. Aerial and Rover missions can have four active and two on the board. New contract types are coming soon.

State tracking has been vastly improved across the board. You should no longer have missions randomly completing on their own. This makes station and asteroid missions much more stable.

Asteroid contracts were overhauled. The tracking on "new" asteroids is now much more solid, you will be asked to retrieve a specific classification of asteroid, and you will receive feedback messages every time you claw an asteroid to let you know what the agency thinks about your choice of asteroid. The classification request also applies to the rare station side objective, so you may be asked to build your station into a Class E for that Death Star look.

The tracking station now shows waypoints for all current contracts, including ones you have not accepted. This gives you an opportunity to check out where a contract is going to take you before accepting it.

Waypoints were not evenly distributed over the surface of a planet, due to the geometry of a sphere, there is much less distance per latitude near the poles than there is at the equator, causing the generator to put more waypoints on the poles than intended. This has been fixed, and waypoints now spawn uniformly over the planets.

Removed default values of infinity from any variables, as it was rarely causing terrible things.

Fixed a typo that resulted in aerial missions only spawning above land on planets with water.

Tightened up higher difficulty aerial waypoint ranges slightly. Rewards remain the same.

"Navigation activated" and "navigation deactivated" messages were reversed, causing some confusion as to what was happening with navigation waypoints. This has been alleviated, and our previous navigations engineer was tied to a Class D asteroid and thrown at the sun.

Rover waypoint ranges can now be reduced (or increased) by the gravity of the target planet. The ranges from last patch apply to Kerbin, and can go as low as half of what they are now depending on how low the gravity gets.

Asteroid Retrieval rewards were increased by a significant amount. Station and Base rewards were increased slightly, and made more malleable by their side objectives, meaning having to integrate a research lab will boost science gains, integrating a cupola will boost reputation gains, etc.

I want to thank everyone that has been giving me feedback and reports. It's really helping build this into a decent mod. I will continue to listen and implement as many of your thoughts as I can, so keep on submitting them to my thread. Perhaps we can drop the "a" off the version soon!

This mod looks very interesting.

I do have a question, does this mod adds contracts to put a satallite into orbit? Because in didn't get those in vanilla and it would be really cool if those were in.

Need help please..

I just started playing the game again and am a bit lost. I downloaded and installed the mod but I was wondering if there was a way to check to see if its working with a new career.

I just starter the career but I don't see any contracts outside of the normal R & D ones.

I guess what I am asking is how soon after starting a new career should you get the first set of Fine Print missions?

Just want to make sure everything is working properly from the start.

Thanks for help :)

Edited by Nataris
Clearification

A bit of feedback... the aerial survey missions are probably harder than intended for anyone using AJE. The altitudes you use are so high that the only real plane which could complete a mission is a U-2, and even then not all of them.

tyhoo7 said

I really like that you added the waypoints to aerial surveys to the tracking station before accepting them so I can choose them easier.

I appreciate it too, really this mod bring new way to play, it should be implemented in the original game.

Good work

Nice mod. Some feedback on 0.52a:

(1) The acceptance radius for rover waypoints seems to be too large. As soon as you reach a site you do not have to drive around. The distances between the waypoints themselves are good. Everything else seems to be fixed in 0.53a.

(2) I have the feeling that I am getting far too much science for waypoint missions.

I feel like building stations and bases should reward much larger amounts of science, and not much money.

Remember, the idea is that you are building stations and bases for other companies. It's mostly a financial endeavor, with some good effects on reputation. I do feel like the research lab should boost science more, however.

A bit of feedback... the aerial survey missions are probably harder than intended for anyone using AJE.

+1: Most of the aircraft I have that can go that high also have the wing loading of a lawn dart & fly at mach 3+.

While this is a good excuse to test spaceplanes, it's not exactly a 'survey'. More like wheee there it goes, now I gotta try turn around - cue 'aerodynamic failure' :-(

Made some progress on the EVA anomaly mission tonight and got this neat panoramic:

crystal.png

It's like one of those family pictures in front of the world's largest ball of twine. This mission is a bit tougher because I'm going to start spawning neat objects everywhere.

Edited by Arsonide

Made some progress on the EVA anomaly mission tonight and got this neat panoramic:

http://s29.postimg.org/enp81gt5j/crystal.png

It's like one of those family pictures in front of the world's largest ball of twine. This mission is a bit tougher because I'm going to start spawning neat objects everywhere.

Make it sepia and give some caption like this:

BFBkkGDCQAE9jhL.png:large

Also, due to my laziness and lack of creativity, my station designs tend to be just a combination of labs and hitchhiker containers... Maybe make it so that occasionally stations require a specific part other than the lab or the cupola? Maybe a command pod, a lander can, a number of solar panels, lights, or even extra fuel tanks?

Arsonide,

How quickly from a new career should I be seeing the extra contracts the mod provides? I just finished the kerbal orbit mission and have about 5 tech boxes unlocked but no additional contracts. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help! Seems like a great mod.

Arsonide,

How quickly from a new career should I be seeing the extra contracts the mod provides? I just finished the kerbal orbit mission and have about 5 tech boxes unlocked but no additional contracts. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help! Seems like a great mod.

You need wheels for rover contracts, the claw for ARM contracts, and mid range aeronautics stuff for survey contracts. (The first stock tech node is the one with the first jet engine.) Base and Station contracts require a lot of varied technology, they actually generate around the technology you have, on a per objective basis. To first appear though, they require that you have power generation, a docking port, and an antenna unlocked.