[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

They've never shown up in the tracking station, I just added that feature about thirty minutes ago to the dev branch, so it'll be in the next patch. If you are referring to the map screen, they should show up, if they don't, it's because you don't have a contract, or because you just patched.

If you just patched, please follow the bolded instructions in the original post above the download link to reset your contract board.

(sorry for my bad english)

Okey, it seems to be Fineprint WITH my others mods which causes my contract bug. I tried with it, without the others, it work, then i play with my mods and without fineprint, it work too.

I dont know where it comes :/

I've noticed something :

At the beginning, in my tree i separate blade engine (firespitter), which it comes earlier, and stock engine. And i keep the first node of Basic rocketry, so, stock node.

When i unlock this node, it work, i still get stock contract like before, but when i unlock the "earlier plane" node, it breaks all the stuff.

EDIT : here is the log

Edited by rabzoue59

(sorry for my bad english)

Okey, it seems to be Fineprint WITH my others mods which causes my contract bug. I tried with it, without the others, it work, then i play with my mods and without fineprint, it work too.

I dont know where it comes :/

I've noticed something :

At the beginning, in my tree i separate blade engine (firespitter), which it comes earlier, and stock engine. And i keep the first node of Basic rocketry, so, stock node.

When i unlock this node, it work, i still get stock contract like before, but when i unlock the "earlier plane" node, it breaks all the stuff.

That's because you probably unlocked aerial missions, but there should still only be two aerial missions at a time, if that. I'm not sure which of your other mods is conflicting, and without a log if I told you I'd just be guessing.

I have been testing the rover mission on minmus, so far so good.

My only remark is you might want to reduce driving distance in very low gravity worlds i.e. minmus, as since its low gravity its quite difficult.

Or alternatively up the reward slightly

Otherwise, love the contract. It gives the rovers so much purpose.

May i also suggest some extra plane missions, perhaps very simple ones:

- break the sound barrier

- buzz the tower

This, besides FAR, and RemoteTech is my favorite mod so far. Awesome work Arsonide

I wonder if other big mods can use your code to make their own version of Fine Contracts? Maybe KAS contracts, Kethane contracts, or RemoteTech contracts that comes in one package with the mod itself? That would be cool :)

I'm having problems with the asteroid contracts. It never seems to recognise that I've completed it, and I've put them in orbit of Kerbin and Minimus several times. I know it says that I have to discover a new asteroid and it's sometimes been a year or two between accepting the contract and completing it, yet it still doesn't reward me.

I've got an idea for this mod: Orbital Reconnaisance contract. With spy satellite.

- You'll need camera part and a film retrieval system (reentry capsule, like these on early KeyHole spy sats). Or maybe two cameras - analog and digital ones (digital coming in late in techtree)

- Contract generates waypoints, like these on Survey contracts

- To complete the contract, you'll need to photograph these waypoints from orbit using aforementioned camera. To do that, a) camera must face waypoint and B) satellite must be right above waypoint (which means that waypoint must be right at navball "brown pole" when you see it from camera POV, with some error margin, about 10-15 degrees)

- There is actually two types of contract: one - "Launch new Spy satellite to specified orbit and inclination", and second - "Use previously launched satellite to conduct recon". That way, you can't just launch new satellite for every contract; you'll have to use existing ones. Just like in real life.

- These contracts have a huge payoff, but time is crucial - maximum of 2-3 Kerbin days, and three-star contracts may give you several hours to do the task.

You might wish to use Hullcamera mod for the camera part; the "Launch Satellite to orbit" contract is already done in Mission Controller Extended mod.

I'm having problems with the asteroid contracts. It never seems to recognise that I've completed it, and I've put them in orbit of Kerbin and Minimus several times. I know it says that I have to discover a new asteroid and it's sometimes been a year or two between accepting the contract and completing it, yet it still doesn't reward me.

This is a known issue, and one of my top priorities for .53, I made a lot of progress on it last night but there are still a few kinks.

That's because you probably unlocked aerial missions, but there should still only be two aerial missions at a time, if that. I'm not sure which of your other mods is conflicting, and without a log if I told you I'd just be guessing.

Hey Arsonide I updated my post in the Contract Modding Information about having more then one contract at a time. Made a little error but corrected it. That is if you only want 1 contract at a time and not the 2 that happen now.

Hey Arsonide I updated my post in the Contract Modding Information about having more then one contract at a time. Made a little error but corrected it. That is if you only want 1 contract at a time and not the 2 that happen now.

Two was just an arbitrary number I chose, I was thinking more like four, but the feedback was very strong due to the aerial missions back in .5 being so prevalent.

I finally fixed the ARM contracts in the development branch. I keep track of the actual explored status of the asteroid now, and not it's orbit, which means that I can detect fresh ones much more accurately. I also track ANY fresh ones you touch over the duration of the mission, so if you grab three or four, the contract can differentiate. I'm also updating it to request a specific size class of asteroid, for a little more player interactivity.

After a long night of testing, same problem incoming. I've edited my previous post with a log link. It seem to be an incompatibilty with the tree loader, still guessing i know.

I can send you my tree.cfg if you want to test it by yourself Arsonide

After a long night of testing, same problem incoming. I've edited my previous post with a log link. It seem to be an incompatibilty with the tree loader, still guessing i know.

I can send you my tree.cfg if you want to test it by yourself Arsonide

All I can tell you is that the contract system loaded successfully, Fine Print threw no errors, and that you have a lot of null reference errors coming from other mods. Kerbtown and Interstellar were throwing some, but there were more. Null reference errors can have a cascade of random consequences, so I would check and make sure that those mods are up to date and configured properly. If they are, I would report this in those threads.

OK, so I updated in an already started career game and had to clear and reset the contracts. I had accepted the Exploration contracts but not completed them for the mun, minmus, and Duna. How do I get them to come back so I can accept them again? I tried adding explorebody in the debug menu, but it just adds multiple contracts for Ike instead. Do I just need to start over?

OK, so I updated in an already started career game and had to clear and reset the contracts. I had accepted the Exploration contracts but not completed them for the mun, minmus, and Duna. How do I get them to come back so I can accept them again? I tried adding explorebody in the debug menu, but it just adds multiple contracts for Ike instead. Do I just need to start over?

They will come back on their own over time. In my testing, the game likes to keep at least one or two of these up on the board most of the time. My mod does not affect how the system chooses what missions to put on the board, it just adds more to the pool of choices. In fact, I now limit how many of mine can be up there so that stock missions should show up more often.

I find it weird that you can accept multiple contracts to build a base on the same place, and as long as the new base fulfills the criteria of all those contracts, I can finish all of them with just one base.

This is a problem with the base game, not Fine Print, and it has been bothering me as well. There is no real way to solve it without getting up in the player's business and restricting their freedom/options, which I don't want to do. I have been considering adding a reputation loss any time you refuse a mission to somewhat alleviate this problem, as you have to refuse quite a bit to stack missions in the same location.

BUG REPORT:

Love the mod. Been playing with it a lot, thought I'd report some waypoint issues in case you didn't know about them.

Sometimes when I approach a waypoint, that waypoint is either above the surface too far for me to complete the contract, or too far underground:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Note that both of these were at pretty high altitude of over 5000m -- dunno if that makes a difference.

However I had the opposite problem with low-altitude targets. I had a cluster of waypoints right at Laythe's North Pole, which I guess is floating sea ice at like 8 m elevation. The second my lander hit the ground, it reported all of the waypoints explored and the anomaly found.

Hope this helps.

Hmm, that's new. The height algorithm I use is the same one used by ScanSat and MechJeb. The height values kind of go crazy near the poles due to how the planet rendering is set up, that's why you find weird "easter eggs" at the poles frequently. Could be related, but I haven't experienced it personally. Thanks for the report, I'll look at it, but it'll have to be in the next patch. This patch should help a little bit though because I'm going to weight the latitude of points towards the equator to offset the current "preference" to picking the poles.

The reason it picks poles more often than not is because the longitude are closer together up there, giving the generator more opportunities.

If I uninstall the mod with contracts accepted, will it break the game?

EDIT: it didn't have any side effects except a slight lag and graphical glitch when I opened contracts, it fixed itself.

Edited by Javster