[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

Very interested in how it works when used together with Mission Controller Extended?

Should work fine. Both mods only add to contracts. Contracts work like parts, or Resources.

Im using them together in my main game (when not coding for MCE). More contracts the better. :)

I have reproduced the waypoint disappearing error, it involves an interaction between the contracts, but not any particular number of them. Taking them one at a time should be okay for now. I don't know the cause yet. Sorry this creeped in guys. I'll also keep working on the contract state issues.

Still interested in knowing what mods you have installed Burkitt. I ask because the one that lets you mine asteroids changes asteroids into fuel containers or something internally. Also if anybody else can do ARM contracts successfully, I'd like to know that as well. I know what's causing the issues with station contracts randomly completing, and I'm going to nail that one in the next patch by resetting the objective anytime you switch vessels or scenes or anything.

EDIT: The waypoints are being added to the system, they just aren't being drawn to the GUI. I'm narrowing in on it.

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm a moron, I didn't reproduce the bug, the missions were just occasionally going to the Mun, causing me to think the waypoints weren't showing, cause I test on Kerbin. :P Only figured this out while debugging. Still have been unable to reproduce the error.

Edited by Arsonide

Robotengineer I have a modified DLL with much more debug information in it, since you can produce the bug, would you be willing to use that to whip me up a log that I can look through?

Robotengineer I have a modified DLL with much more debug information in it, since you can produce the bug, would you be willing to use that to whip me up a log that I can look through?

I you don't get a response, I'm also getting this bug. And if it helps, here are the other mods I'm currently using:

• customAsteroids
  • Kerbal Engineer
  • Kerbal Alarm
  • FAR
  • Deadly Re-entry
  • Dangit! Random Part Failures
  • Editor Extensions
  • Ioncross Crew Support

Edit: the fix mentioned earlier did not fix it for me. Just tried it out, and it didn't make a difference.

Edited by Calvindog717

I've sent the debug version of the mod to three people, two of them can't reproduce the issue, and the third appeared to be the default initialization, or that, the contract was on the board when the patch happened, and thus is behaving wonky (as I stated it would) because I added some new stuff that wasn't saved in the persistence file, and rather than crash the program, my mod will initialize the values with placeholders.

Could the people that are having issues seeing their aerial waypoints try to refresh their boards by hitting Alt-F12, going to the contracts tab, the tools tab, and clearing the list? (The middle button). Clearing the list generate new missions and save them with updated information, preventing this default initialization, and thus prevent wonky behavior. It should make your waypoints show up. If this works for you, I will sticky it up in the main thread as general post patch advice.

Please let me know, whether it does or does not. As of right now I'm going to have to move on to other issues until I can get more concrete evidence that this is a bug and not outdated contracts upgrading to the new version.

Edited by Arsonide

Can you make contracts to map the easter eggs around planets with rovers or build bases nearby?

Great idea

@Arsonide - i was thinking if you could add perhaps support SCANSat to the above types of missions.

Organization: The exploration society (or something)

I.e. Story: - Our telescopes detect some anomalies at Duna (insert your planet of choice). Your task is to Scan (scansat) Duna for anomalies, and if found, investigate them with your rover and report results (remotetech).

Step 1 - Launch mission

Step 2 - Scan duna (at least 1 anomaly discovered - get coordinates if possible)

Step 3 - Get to coordinates with Rover

Step 4 - Transmit or Retreive data

Obviously such a mission should be top tier (reputation wise) for interplanetary, but a nice warmup mission for Mun or Minmus

Arsonide, the mods I'm using are Kerbal Engineer Redux, the Mk2 cockpit interior, and your Fine Print - nothing that should be changing the nature of asteriods.

Did you initially grab the asteroid within Kerbin's sphere of influence? I realized that might be occuring. I check if you're in orbit of the sun to find fresh asteroids, and that isn't technically accurate. Tonight I learned how to fix that. I can detect asteroids you have never touched without looking at your orbit. That should fix this issue. The asteroids have to be fresh, because if not, you could drop one in orbit of Kerbin and farm these missions indefinitely.

Tonight I also set up each and every objective that looks at your ship for parts to automatically set itself inactive temporarily any time you switch vessels or start a new flight. That should fix the station contracts from losing state.

I am also raising the rewards of certain missions due to feedback. I have not had time to work on any new contract types, unfortunately, because I've been polishing these up. I want these to be fully playable before I move on.

Edited by Arsonide

The next mission is going to be satellite deployment. I've already begun work on rendering the target orbit that the agency wants you to be in on the map:

http://s17.postimg.org/3yznulcpr/orbit_Orange.png

Yes I realize that's a wide orbit for a satellite. :P

Also when making a contract for the satellite, you could request for a test of a specific antenna, or science part onboard. Gives satellite a purpose

(especially useful for remoteTech, so you could have short, medium, and long range satellites).

I have not yet tried your contracts mod (due to me running ton of mods and x64), but it is first on my todo list when i get home today. I think it will add a lot to the game.

From what i have read it should run well with Coherent Contracts, right ?

Edited by Grunf911

Weird - when I click on a waypoint with no waypoint previously selected, it goes "waypoint deactivated" and I got the waypoint to show on my navball. And if I click on that same waypoint, I get "waypoint activated" and the waypoint on my navball disappears!

Are the waypoints supposed to show up on the Navball as well as the map yet? I can see the waypoints in the map mode, but not having them on the navball makes it a bit difficult to navigate properly to the waypoints.

Edit: After further investigation, I believe I'm partly having the same issue as Algiark:

Weird - when I click on a waypoint with no waypoint previously selected, it goes "waypoint deactivated" and I got the waypoint to show on my navball. And if I click on that same waypoint, I get "waypoint activated" and the waypoint on my navball disappears!

I do also notice that if I double-click on the waypoint, it no longer shows up on the navball at all (if I single OR double-click after the initial double-click). I cannot after that get it to show up again without restarting the game.

Also, here is the relevant LOG entries from the time of the occurrances, they all look like this right around when the waypoints disappear for good from the navball (but still show on the map):

[LOG 06:18:19.440] GraphLine: Graphing ALTITUDE in color RGBA(255, 0, 0, 255)

[LOG 06:18:19.440] GraphLine: Graphing RADARALT in color RGBA(0, 255, 0, 255)

[LOG 06:18:19.440] JSIVariableGraph: Graphing 2 values.

[LOG 06:18:19.441] MLS: Starting systems...

[LOG 06:18:19.441] NavUtilLib: InitializingAudio...

[LOG 06:18:19.441] MLS: Systems started successfully!

[LOG 06:18:19.441] MLS: Starting systems...

[LOG 06:18:19.442] NavUtilLib: InitializingAudio...

[LOG 06:18:19.442] MLS: Systems started successfully!

[EXC 06:18:19.442] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

Edit2: Looks like the log is actually irrelevant and the above is a JSI/RasterPropMonitor log section. My logs were just saying this while stopped @ the runway and switching navpoints:

[LOG 12:01:42.593] dT is NaN! tA: 0.512767314910889, E: 0, M: 0, T: NaN

[LOG 12:01:42.593] dT is NaN! tA: 5.14072465896606, E: 0, M: 0, T: NaN

[LOG 12:02:04.025] dT is NaN! tA: 0.508414030075073, E: 0, M: 0, T: NaN

[LOG 12:02:04.026] dT is NaN! tA: 5.13628506660461, E: 0, M: 0, T: NaN

Anything else I could do to assist in debugging this issue, lmk.

Edited by Ignath
more investigation and log

In case there were any issues caused by contracts from earlier versions of Fine Print persisting, I've tried installing 0.52a and loading the backup of my save from before I added Fine Print. Aerial waypoints now show up fine, but I still can't get "Have a newly discovered asteroid in tow" to register. I went through from accepting the contract to grabbing the asteroid without closing the game or quickloading, so they would seem to be ruled out as causes. The asteroid was grabbed with the stock claw in Kerbin orbit.

The current logic requires that it be in solar orbit on the initial grab, but I will be rewriting it tonight to something much more reliable that I discovered yesterday. I also think I'm going to write something that detects contracts being upgraded and automatically refreshes the mission board, so that new patches do not cause confusion.

What happens is that I add extra values to persistence, and when loading, my loading class will not find these new things in contracts saved in an old version, and load default values in their place to prevent any serious errors from happening. If you open up the debug log, you should see this happening the moment you open up mission control. The default value of the range is PositiveInfinity, and in the last patch I added range to the aerial contracts, which would explain why people aren't seeing waypoints for upgraded contracts. :P However, these are only the ones that are on the board when you patch. When the board has time to generate using the new settings, the persistence is up to date, and everything looks good.

In my own testing, I force refresh the board to prevent this from happening, and I think I will have the game do this by itself when it detects a certain amount of persistence upgrades.

Also, I think changing the default value of range to something other than infinity would at least make the waypoints visible, albeit visible in predictable locations. I think I've narrowed the source of this down enough to fix it, combined with the state fixes I am implementing in station and asteroid contracts, and a weighted equatorial function for generating locations so that they aren't always at the poles, and I think we might have 0.53a soon. :)

Soon as in, whenever I have time to work on it. *puts on work uniform*

Edited by Arsonide

Great idea

@Arsonide - i was thinking if you could add perhaps support SCANSat to the above types of missions.

Organization: The exploration society (or something)

I.e. Story: - Our telescopes detect some anomalies at Duna (insert your planet of choice). Your task is to Scan (scansat) Duna for anomalies, and if found, investigate them with your rover and report results (remotetech).

Step 1 - Launch mission

Step 2 - Scan duna (at least 1 anomaly discovered - get coordinates if possible)

Step 3 - Get to coordinates with Rover

Step 4 - Transmit or Retreive data

Obviously such a mission should be top tier (reputation wise) for interplanetary, but a nice warmup mission for Mun or Minmus

I loooove the idea of missions to map easter eggs! Very 2001: A space odysee feeling :-)

I loooove the idea of missions to map easter eggs! Very 2001: A space odysee feeling :-)

Me and my buddy discussed easter egg missions, and agree they would be neat, but that they need to be in procedural locations, so that experienced players don't have an edge. We are currently working on implementing models to place in the world randomly for a mission such as this. The player would get a waypoint within say 1 or 2 kilometers of an object, and be tasked with finding that object in EVA. The object would be large enough to see at a distance.

I've been enjoying this mod - very nice. Just one thing though: I haven't seen a stock rescue-Kerbal-from-orbit mission.. did those get the axe, or is that possibly an issue from installing it on an already-existing career (still in the early stages, but definitely started before mod installation) ...?

Me and my buddy discussed easter egg missions, and agree they would be neat, but that they need to be in procedural locations, so that experienced players don't have an edge. We are currently working on implementing models to place in the world randomly for a mission such as this. The player would get a waypoint within say 1 or 2 kilometers of an object, and be tasked with finding that object in EVA. The object would be large enough to see at a distance.

Woudl that be part-like object (like asteroids) or static like stock anomalies?

Could the people that are having issues seeing their aerial waypoints try to refresh their boards by hitting Alt-F12, going to the contracts tab, the tools tab, and clearing the list? (The middle button). Clearing the list generate new missions and save them with updated information, preventing this default initialization, and thus prevent wonky behavior. It should make your waypoints show up.

I went into the debug menu and cancelled the existing aerial survey contracts only (nothing else), and fast forwarded one Kerbin day, to find a nice fresh batch of contracts, both yours and default. I accepted two aerial surveys and their waypoints are visible on the map screen. Take this as confirmation that your fix worked for me.

If the waypoints were also visible on the tracking station, that would be gravy.

Actually i thing a blend of procedural and actual would be best option IMO as long as it includes scanning and discovery.

I consider myself experienced player, yet i have only seen duna 1 anomaly.

Tried the mod and love it so far. I am planning a rover mission to Minmus, and using RoverDude's PackRat rover mod which i think will suit this mission perfectly.

@Arsonide - can you just confirm if your mod would detect his rover properly ? Its fromthe same guy who made MKS / OKS. Link is in his sig.

How are people managing the flight survey missions? I've never seen one that was on the same continent so i'm assuming some kind of hypersonic SSTO?

Also, when i set navigation for the flight spots, should i see a marker on my navball? Because i never do and it makes it really hard to nail the target.

I've sent the debug version of the mod to three people, two of them can't reproduce the issue, and the third appeared to be the default initialization, or that, the contract was on the board when the patch happened, and thus is behaving wonky (as I stated it would) because I added some new stuff that wasn't saved in the persistence file, and rather than crash the program, my mod will initialize the values with placeholders.

Could the people that are having issues seeing their aerial waypoints try to refresh their boards by hitting Alt-F12, going to the contracts tab, the tools tab, and clearing the list? (The middle button). Clearing the list generate new missions and save them with updated information, preventing this default initialization, and thus prevent wonky behavior. It should make your waypoints show up. If this works for you, I will sticky it up in the main thread as general post patch advice.

Please let me know, whether it does or does not. As of right now I'm going to have to move on to other issues until I can get more concrete evidence that this is a bug and not outdated contracts upgrading to the new version.

This actually worked for me, so thank you for that.

However, I've now got a second bug on my hands. when in map view, the contract locations appear as solid red/blue squares, with no icon. Any thoughts?

The player would get a waypoint within say 1 or 2 kilometers of an object, and be tasked with finding that object in EVA. The object would be large enough to see at a distance.

This sounds totally awesome -- love it!