[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

Does this have a conflict with EVE? I'm not seeing any mission way points on the map and have a suspicion it may be a conflict between EVE and they way this mod places points on the map view.

No. Read the thread. You have old contracts from a previous version.

No. Read the thread. You have old contracts from a previous version.

No, I removed all old contracts currently accepted and deleted the folder before installing the new version. I did read the threat and do a search before posting. Never assume.

No, I removed all old contracts currently accepted and deleted the folder before installing the new version. I did read the threat and do a search before posting. Never assume.

Deleting the mod will not help, as the contracts are in your save game persistence file. Getting rid of active contracts will not help either, as the board is a persistent object. You need to clear the board, which will wipe your save of any generated contracts, and regenerate using the new version. Alt-F12->Contracts->Tools->Clear.

How are people managing the flight survey missions? I've never seen one that was on the same continent so i'm assuming some kind of hypersonic SSTO?

Pretty much as you guessed - I used a plane with three turbojet engines, about 450 units of fuel, and plenty of intakes. It can make suborbital hops up to around 75,000m that cover about 1/5th of Kerbins circumference at a time.

Is it normal if i only have survey mission ? i made a custom tree, and unlocked some engine like LV, when I open debug windows to generate other contract i have this :

[Error]: Contract of type 'PartTest' was not be generated.

Is it normal if i only have survey mission ? i made a custom tree, and unlocked some engine like LV, when I open debug windows to generate other contract i have this :

[Error]: Contract of type 'PartTest' was not be generated.

A custom tree, as in a custom research tree? If you are getting PartTest errors then whatever mod you are using to edit the tree is conflicting with stock.

@Arsonide

Yep, I use KW rocketry, Spaceplane plus, KSPI, Near futur prop, firespitter, KAS, MKS/OKS, for big mod which add lot of parts. i integrate them to the milestone realistic tree with my own logic of research.

Then i downloaded this mod, and didn't get any others contracts anymore

@Arsonide

Yep, I use KW rocketry, Spaceplane plus, KSPI, Near futur prop, firespitter, KAS, MKS/OKS, for big mod which add lot of parts. i integrate them to the milestone realistic tree with my own logic of research.

Then i downloaded this mod, and didn't get any others contracts anymore

That's a lot of mods, I couldn't begin to debug that without a log of you regenerating some missions. My mod would throw errors if it was having issues with your research tree that would be visible in the log.

I gave it some thought, and I've decided that I am not going to auto regenerate missions after each patch. Doing this could mess up a contract that someone is already working on and is somewhat invasive. Rather, I am going to post instructions in bold text in the original post and in the readme on how to regenerate your mission board, so that people can do it on their own. This gives them the freedom to do it when they are ready, as not every patch will have sweeping changes to missions like this one did.

Edited by Arsonide

If I upgrade from 0.51a to 0.0.52a in the middle of a career mode game will it reset all the contracts?

For example, I finished exploring the Mun, so will that Mun contract have to be completed again before getting the Duna contract?

RPL Tweak Pack / Realistic Progression Lite and KSPI both have custom trees. RPL changes science amounts by a ton as well as changing names / locations of techs. KSPI just adds new nodes. I can just about guarantee RPL is the culprit here.

In fact, I didnt saw any error on the main KSC view menu, i've got this error only when i want to add contract by myself to test it.

okey i will perform some test, and i'll get back here to tell you mates, when contracts get broken ;)

If I upgrade from 0.51a to 0.0.52a in the middle of a career mode game will it reset all the contracts?

For example, I finished exploring the Mun, so will that Mun contract have to be completed again before getting the Duna contract?

Like I said, I don't plan on auto regenerating, that's invasive. Clearing the board does not clear your existing progress at all, it just wipes the board and any active contracts clean and regenerates them, which after a patch means they will have updated values.

In fact, I didnt saw any error on the main KSC view menu, i've got this error only when i want to add contract by myself to test it.

okey i will perform some test, and i'll get back here to tell you mates, when contracts get broken ;)

You will see Fine Print in the debug log if it is having issues, I labeled it so you'd know which mod it was coming from. If you see that, by all means report it, if not, this is probably an issue with another mod.

Pretty much as you guessed - I used a plane with three turbojet engines, about 450 units of fuel, and plenty of intakes. It can make suborbital hops up to around 75,000m that cover about 1/5th of Kerbins circumference at a time.

Do markers show on your navball? I think i have some mod that's stopping it from showing up. They're on the map but nothing is on my navball besides the prograde/retrograde markers.

Do markers show on your navball? I think i have some mod that's stopping it from showing up. They're on the map but nothing is on my navball besides the prograde/retrograde markers.

I've had this happen, too. I think that what might be going on is that if you have put the NavBall away in Map Mode when you click on the survey nav points, then you don't get anything on your navball in staging mode. But I seem to be able to get it to work if you bring up the ball in Map Mode and then click on a few nav points before going to the one that you need. Try this and let me know if you get it to work, or if I'm on the wrong track with trying to find a workaround . . .

I've encountered a rather strange issue with regards to the asteroid recovery missions. I accepted two contracts to drag an asteroid into Kerbin's orbit, and after doing to proceeded to begin tracking a roid I thought was suitable, and waited for it to enter Kerbin's SOI so I could intercept it and give it a gentle nudge into a terrible orbit. After doing so, I noticed that the contract tracker wasn't registering me as having an asteroid in tow.

As far as I can tell, you need to intercept it before it enters Kerbin's SOI before it registers as being in tow? If so, that is a little bit strange I think, as the easiest and least delta-v intensive way to grab these things is when they pass near Kerbin naturally, barring those balls of rock you want to transfer to other planets.

This contract made me laugh - it's the plot from Sunshine, or close to it. I'm thinking Trojan orbit, should I ever want to either man it or get the ten Kerbals back...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=294186004

Solar orbit doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be near the sun, it just can't be orbiting something else. You can be in a solar orbit just outside of Kerbin's sphere of influence. Also, you don't need to take ten kerbals, you just need to be able to support ten kerbals (you need ten seats on the bus).

Me and my buddy discussed easter egg missions, and agree they would be neat, but that they need to be in procedural locations, so that experienced players don't have an edge. We are currently working on implementing models to place in the world randomly for a mission such as this. The player would get a waypoint within say 1 or 2 kilometers of an object, and be tasked with finding that object in EVA. The object would be large enough to see at a distance.

Do you know how you're actually going to implement this? If these models are PQSCity objects they'll be detectable as anomalies, which would be really cool.

Do you know how you're actually going to implement this? If these models are PQSCity objects they'll be detectable as anomalies, which would be really cool.

PQSCities. I'm just patching up the various glitches in the original contracts before I move on. Also my friend is figuring out how to export to the mu model format.

Just a little note - I finally did get Rescue contracts to show up again after a bit of finagling about with the debug menu. I've started a new game as well, and they show up fine there. So it was just a minor glitch, possibly from installing partway through a career.

I've had this happen, too. I think that what might be going on is that if you have put the NavBall away in Map Mode when you click on the survey nav points, then you don't get anything on your navball in staging mode. But I seem to be able to get it to work if you bring up the ball in Map Mode and then click on a few nav points before going to the one that you need. Try this and let me know if you get it to work, or if I'm on the wrong track with trying to find a workaround . . .

That works! Ah jeeze, what a silly thing to happen.

Solar orbit doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be near the sun, it just can't be orbiting something else. You can be in a solar orbit just outside of Kerbin's sphere of influence. Also, you don't need to take ten kerbals, you just need to be able to support ten kerbals (you need ten seats on the bus).

I know...it's a wonderfully Kerbal contract. I like the possibilities of your mod not being too constrained, as it may just entice some of us to take them on! We also don't have to take the contracts if we don't fancy them.

We just have to be mad enough to think up new conditions. E.g. naval waypoints, all at sea, would test boat, sub or seaplane fans without being too mod-specific. Tests of extreme speed on land, sea or in atmosphere (below certain altitudes) would definitely have a following.