The Plernerts!

Felsmak

Delightful images. I particularly like the detail in the Jupiter image, also Orbo and its Saturn like system of satellites. I think it would be nice to move away from Solar System analogs though, and let the creative imagination flourish! Alas that we probably won't see these as actual destinations in the stock game. But excellent work nonetheless!

Felsmak I really like your drawings, so here's my Request if you're searching for things to do :

If you can also create an .png 2048*1024 Texture of it i could actually implement it in the Pack as soon as i'll start doing it.

My Idea of Syterion, the 2nd GP of my Planet-pack-idea i'll will start working on as soon as Kopernicus is finished.

Described it here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85528-Huge-Blue-Horizon-Theories-about-the-7th-Planet

But here comes a more detailled description (...trying to put the ideas in my head into words...):

Syterion (speaked: SuyTeeRion):

Orbit Radius : 1.75 * Jools Radius

Radius: 7.770km

Mass: 1.2 * Jools (its big but not dense, like Saturn)

-Base-Color-Sheme: Like Neptunes Blue but just a very very slightly little brighter

-A ring in same blue color, half the with of Saturn-Ring but same Radius

-In contrast to blue(a calm friendly color) i imagine the clouds and cloud bands being wild and mighty-looking. Imagine Jupiter being blue as a starting point.

-NOT one big Storm-Dot like on Neptune or Jupiter, but two smaller ones, one in the northern hemisphere the other roughly 150 degrees west or east from that in the southern hemisphere. Both like half the size of the big red dot and not very round but more stretched due to the wind forces.

-NONE of those tiny Dot-Storms like everywhere on Jupiter.

-Many of those cloud-bands around the planet some bigger some smaller(like the ones on your Jupiter-drawing on the height of the big red dot).

-And cloud bands on nearly the hole planet, so also some near the poles like on Saturn and not just becoming one color, like on Prominatus.

-some brighter some darker blue than the base color blue.

-These bands wildly swirlled together at the connections to see the wild wind forces (like on Prominatus and Jupiter).

-And last some white-ish clouds ripped apart spreaded a little over the planet ( like the white clouds on our Neptune)

If some of the points aren't clear for you please ask and i'll try to explain better what i meant.

If interested in my hole Planet Pack Ideas, i could share them here too.

I hope it got clear how i'd imagine the feeling of the Gas Giant Syterion.

If you'll do it i will be really looking forward to see the result, i really like all of your drawings you've made so far.

Hi. I do have one request, Felsmak, if time permits.

Could you do Dres and Eeloo, too? Preferably on the same scale as the inner system planets. I was making a "bodies of the Kerbol system" wallpaper with your images (with due credit, of course), and I feel bad leaving those two out.

Thanks!

Felsmak I really like your drawings, so here's my Request if you're searching for things to do.

Sure! I'll start making it as soon as possible. I could use some more details on the rings, though. Like, how big should the texture be, and how will it be put into the game? Is it a large square with the rings on it that will be projected onto an invisible flat surface, or is it something else?

Could you do Dres and Eeloo, too? Preferably on the same scale as the inner system planets. I was making a "bodies of the Kerbol system" wallpaper with your images (with due credit, of course), and I feel bad leaving those two out.

That could be arranged! I appreciate the wallpaper, by the way!

Anyway, here's Jupiter and the Galilean moons.

lmiHMHb.jpg

tHJ9myq.jpg

Edited by Felsmak

I've always thought that Io was probably the most interesting a moon could be without having an atmosphere or an icy surface

Its crazy coloration and volcanic features put all other rocky bodies of similar size to shame (I'm looking at you, Earth's Moon. Stop being so gray and boring)

Brilliant work once again :)

Thank you! :)

I've always thought that Io was probably the most interesting a moon could be without having an atmosphere or an icy surface

Its crazy coloration and volcanic features put all other rocky bodies of similar size to shame (I'm looking at you, Earth's Moon. Stop being so gray and boring)

It's indeed one of a kind when it comes to moons. It does look a bit like someone has barfed on it, though - too many beers and a pizza with way too much chili. But I like it nonetheless!

Edited by Felsmak

Sure! I'll start making it as soon as possible. I could use some more details on the rings, though. Like, how big should the texture be, and how will it be put into the game? Is it a large square with the rings on it that will be projected onto an invisible flat surface, or is it something else?

I'm really happy you want to do it ;)

For the Rings: what i need for implementation isn't clear yet as i'll be using Kopernicus Mod as soon as it's finished (PFCE is buggy and not so variable). The Dev said already that it'll be possible to implement Rings as well but i'm not sure how and what texture you'll need for it. (could be large surface with the hole rings, could be just a small rectangle part of the ring color which will be constructed to a ring i don'nt know yet, i can tell you if Kopernicus is finished)

For details:

Think in scale to Syterion and Saturn: Than the outer end of the Rings would be the same distance as the outer end at Saturn, the inner end would be at the middle distance of Saturns rings, maybe just a little closer, so the Rings are half as wide as Saturns Rings (in scale to the referring Planet). And Color is the base Color Blue of Syterion. Variety as Saturns Rings so with some small ones, some big ones and one (maybe two) recognisable gaps in the Rings. (After all GP2 will be the KSP-Saturn-Analogue)

(But you don't nessesarily have to make the Rings yet as i don't know how they'll be implemented)

Position around the equator, obviously as anything else would be unrealistic and i'll make something like a 'Kerbal+' pack, so realistic and plausbile but very varied and diverse. WIP title for the pack is 'New Discoveries', at least in my head ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, guys! Remember me? I've been suffering from a massive creativity drought lately, so I've basically been doing anything but drawing for the past few months. However, I just managed to pull together this picture of Saturn, intended to be used in the background of a picture I've wanted to draw for a long time, with the Huygens probe approaching Titan. I thought it went pretty well, so I'm hoping to get to Syterion soon - like I haven't said that before. Sorry, SkyRex.

FrG1OvP.jpg

So, SkyRex. Does this planet look familiar? :) I'll use it as a reference for the texture when it's done.

XdHJ0lj.jpg

It's only a preview, so more things will be done to it. But I hope you like it so far!

Edited by Felsmak

So, SkyRex. Does this planet look familiar? :)

http://i.imgur.com/XdHJ0lj.jpg

It's only a preview, so more things will be done to it. But I hope you like it so far!

It looks very good so far. And,although its a Preview, it looks better than all of my own attemps already.

You got the Color-Sheme very right! It has exactly the overall color-feeling i imagined for it.

And the wilderness of the clouds already looks fairly well too.

I'm really excited to see how the final version turns out to be ;) , Great so far !

P.S. Please remember not to delete the final Version as soon as you uploaded it, as i'm still interested in a texture file too. So when Kopernicus finally gets config-support I can make a Prototype of Syterion (and moons) InGame. When that happens i will share it here too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.