[0.90] Kerbsplosions Pre-Alpha 3.3.1

Matrixmage

Have you thought about adding a modulemanager patch to add this functionality to all the parts?

I have, but it's kind'a annoying to write patches for MM, and I need to get some stuff setup for automatically giving explosion range/strength to the parts. For integrity we were thinking of just ripping off Crash Tolerance but with a modifier added. I'm planning on implementing code stuff for giving values if they aren't defined, so it will be quite easy to make one soon.

Sorry if this response is a little rambling, it's late here and I lose the ability to make coherent sentences as the night goes on...

• 3 months later...

I wonder if I can somehow use this to make Anti Matter Breaches in KSPI more spectacular. A few grams should be enough to to whipe out KSP entirely. Will the explosion damage building and nearby vessels and kerbals? :P

Edited by FreeThinker

I wonder if I can somehow use this to make Anti Matter Breaches in KSPI more spectacular. A few grams should be enough to to whipe out KSP entirely. Will the explosion damage building and nearby vessels and kerbals? :P

I'd recommend waiting for our rewrite, but yes, the explosions will harm all vessels, kerbals, and (hopefully) structures. We're also hopefully going to get some more spectacular visual effects in soon-ish, which should help quite a bit. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for this! Especially non-explosive parts not exploding, and starbursts in space (not restricted by atmospheric pressure).

Ideally when parts "melt" from overheating, they just become inactive if they have any functionality (maybe that's for one of the part damage mods?), and then after another threshold, they would either explode if explosive or just poof if not.

Can't wait for this! Especially non-explosive parts not exploding, and starbursts in space (not restricted by atmospheric pressure).

Ideally when parts "melt" from overheating, they just become inactive if they have any functionality (maybe that's for one of the part damage mods?), and then after another threshold, they would either explode if explosive or just poof if not.

Well the rewrite is almost done, so you won't have to wait much longer.

Currently, we're not covering anything directly related to heat, but I will be rewriting the damage system at some point and will be adding something along those lines.

Glad the rewrite is nearly done! Also, Matrixmage, have you seen this plugin?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109952-0-90-Destruction-Effects-%28flames-and-smoke-on-joint-breaks%29

The owner is no longer working on it and said someone can take it over. You should consider combining it with yours :D

Ha, that mod, I may look into taking it over at some point.

Funny coincidence actually, Bahamuto actually made it after being inspired by Kerbsplosions. :P

Guest Darth Gerbil

You should remove the B from the title, it rolls of the tongue better. Kersplosions. (Or remove the S, Kerblosions.)

Edited by Darth Gerbil

• 1 month later...

Really looking forward to this one :-) I Love the idea of things that shouldn't explode not exploding, and stuff that should explode exploding as much as it should and looking better to boot aye!

Perhaps better destruction effects for non explosive parts with shrapnel and sparks like from the collision FX mod?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/2/2014 at 11:49 AM, DracovaXIV said:

There was a mod that simulated a Project Orion-style nuclear pulse detonation drive. Do you suppose it would be possible to have realistic small-scale nuke airbursts/spacebursts? Nukes look different blowing up in space, by the way. There was a series of tests run by USA where they detonated nuclear bombs in space. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dominic

you should take that as a no