[0.24.2] Interstellar Lite - Tweakscale Integration [v0.12.3][Sept 7]

WaveFunctionP

To be clear, there is no part that is called a transmitter. You should have two big blue and white flat antennae that are capable of transmitting, one is static and one can deploy.

It they are missing, you have a faulty install then. And you will need to watch the video in the OP for detailed instructions about how to install the mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Ops what a idiot i am thanks BTW! :sticktongue:

Hi, I got the mod a few weeks ago and have been playing with it since and loving it. However, I can't get the refinery to work (I may just be being stupid because this is my first time playing with interstellar). The options to electrolyse water and extract resources are all there but when I select one nothing happens. It still says that I can stop he process but nothing else happens. Water electrolysis is just an example, none of the options seem to work. Can someone help me out?

This is one of my favorite mods -- really love all the work you all are putting into it!!

Just a quick question...

I jumped straight from the v 0.11.exp release to V 0.12.2 and I noticed that in between there was some re-balancing of the reactors. I have been able to mod the part config to get the antimatter reactors back to older values, but when paired with a thermal rocket I am not seeing the same ISP as the older version. I have not made any changes to the ThermalRocketNozzle.cfg since it's current atmosphereCurve is consistent with the older Interstellar values, but I have made the following changes to the new tweakable AntimatterReactor.cfg

MODULE{
name = FNAntimatterReactor
ReactorTemp = 15012
ThermalPower = 40000
resourceRate = 1.108
originalName = Gas Core
upgradedName = Plasma Core
upgradedReactorTemp = 409977
upgradedThermalPower = 120000
upgradeCost = 150
upgradedResourceRate = 3.324
upgradeTechReq = interstellarTechUHEPhysics
animName = e5
radius = 2.5
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ThermalPower
amount = 0
maxAmount = 400000
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteHeat
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4000000
}

With these values, I see the previous level of thrust when paired with a thermal rocket nozzle, but my ISP is still much lower than before and the fuel flow is still much higher. I have checked the source in FNNozzleController.cs and the implementation of updateIspEngineParams(..) seems unchanged from before. I am at a complete loss at this point as to how to get the thermal rocket/antimatter reactor ISP back to previous levels. I thought the calculation was solely based on reactor temp and thermal power, but I have missed something.

Any ideas about what I might still need to change?

Edited by Jack Knife

This is one of my favorite mods -- really love all the work you all are putting into it!!

Just a quick question...

I jumped straight from the v 0.11.exp release to V 0.12.2 and I noticed that in between there was some re-balancing of the reactors. I have been able to mod the part config to get the antimatter reactors back to older values, but when paired with a thermal rocket I am not seeing the same ISP as the older version. I have not made any changes to the ThermalRocketNozzle.cfg since it's current atmosphereCurve is consistent with the older Interstellar values, but I have made the following changes to the new tweakable AntimatterReactor.cfg

MODULE{
ReactorTemp = 15012
ThermalPower = 40000
resourceRate = 1.108
originalName = Gas Core
upgradeCost = 150
animName = e5
radius = 2.5
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ThermalPower
amount = 0
maxAmount = 400000
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteHeat
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4000000
}

With these values, I see the previous level of thrust when paired with a thermal rocket nozzle, but my ISP is still much lower than before and the fuel flow is still much higher. I have checked the source in FNNozzleController.cs and the implementation of updateIspEngineParams(..) seems unchanged from before. I am at a complete loss at this point as to how to get the thermal rocket/antimatter reactor ISP back to previous levels. I thought the calculation was solely based on reactor temp and thermal power, but I have missed something.

I've been trying to do something pretty similar, and no luck so far. The problem is that ISP is based off of reactor type in the source code. He's planning on making the parts more moddable with .cfg's in the next update, so I guess we just have to wait. Also, reactor scaling was heavily changed by Wave when he implemented Tweakscale. You'd have to change those values as well. On a related note, I think there should be a MM patch that brings parts back to Fractal's values, for us RSS players and such. Maybe something to work on..? I might be willing to help you with that if you want to. There are quite a few players who weren't too happy with the move away from realism.

Hi, I got the mod a few weeks ago and have been playing with it since and loving it. However, I can't get the refinery to work (I may just be being stupid because this is my first time playing with interstellar). The options to electrolyse water and extract resources are all there but when I select one nothing happens. It still says that I can stop he process but nothing else happens. Water electrolysis is just an example, none of the options seem to work. Can someone help me out?

Some of the maps for ORS are using a different scaling model with creates a low extraction rate I believe. It is something I intend to patch soon.

Hi!

I am seeing a power drain on time acceleration. I have a ship landed on the mun mining precious metals with a base fission reactor for power. When I time accelerate, the power in the batteries goes down and then stops.

EC isn't managed by ORS. It really just prioritizes EC after it comes back off rails.

Just a quick question...

MODULE{
ReactorTemp = 15012
ThermalPower = 40000
resourceRate = 1.108
originalName = Gas Core
upgradeCost = 150
animName = e5
radius = 2.5
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ThermalPower
amount = 0
maxAmount = 400000
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteHeat
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4000000
}

Upgrade mechanics were disabled. This is not something that is likely to come back for simple stat inflation upgrades unless I am able to get the parts to show up twice in the tech tree. You will have to replicate kspi stat inflation for now with a separate part file or duplicate and change the duplicate part with MM (which I'm not sure it can do).

edit: To be clear, the upgrade fields do nothing. If you wish to change the values for implementation for things like RSS, you'll need to change the unupgraded stats. Which should work just fine for fitting the reactors to a bigger planet.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I've been trying to do something pretty similar, and no luck so far. The problem is that ISP is based off of reactor type in the source code. He's planning on making the parts more moddable with .cfg's in the next update, so I guess we just have to wait. Also, reactor scaling was heavily changed by Wave when he implemented Tweakscale. You'd have to change those values as well. On a related note, I think there should be a MM patch that brings parts back to Fractal's values, for us RSS players and such. Maybe something to work on..? I might be willing to help you with that if you want to. There are quite a few players who weren't too happy with the move away from realism.

ISP is based on temperature. The only references to specific reactors that I've seen were what appear to be hacks made by fractal to keep his magic numbers working.

Interstellar Lite v0.12.3
- Fixed fission reactor refueling.
- Fixed uranium reprocessing.
- Buffed water extraction rates on the refinery to address mismatched scales for MKS style water maps. (temporary workaround until a code fix can be implimented, should fix existing vessels)
- Updated B9 configs. (Taverius)
- CommunityResourcePack v1.2
- ModuleManager v2.3.4
- OpenResourceSystem v1.2.1

Just started using this version instead of FractalUK's which doesn't seem to be supported anymore... I'm having the following issues:

1. I don't seem to have any options in the VAB for hotkeying functions to any of the parts in this mod.

2. Right clicking the parts doesn't show any options (ie, charge, activate warp, etc.. nothing, just shows the amount of exoticmatter which is 0)

3. When I mouseover any KSPIL parts in the VAB, the graphic expands to fill my screen which is really, really weird. If I un-mouse-over while it's.. growing.. it'll stop, but I have to go to another page to get it to go back to normal.. never seen KSP do this before(?)

4. So essentially I can't make use of anything since... I don't have any buttons to turn anything on here :(

What am I doing [potentially] wrong here?

Just started using this version instead of FractalUK's which doesn't seem to be supported anymore... I'm having the following issues:

1. I don't seem to have any options in the VAB for hotkeying functions to any of the parts in this mod.

2. Right clicking the parts doesn't show any options (ie, charge, activate warp, etc.. nothing, just shows the amount of exoticmatter which is 0)

I had this problem myself, i installed my mods again, but installed KSP-I Lite -last- of all, and removed/deleted any folders that it was replacing (so i didnt merge any folders, it was just me placing KSPI Lite's folders in as if brand new) And that fixed the no show UI options for me.

3. When I mouseover any KSPIL parts in the VAB, the graphic expands to fill my screen which is really, really weird. If I un-mouse-over while it's.. growing.. it'll stop, but I have to go to another page to get it to go back to normal.. never seen KSP do this before(?)

This is apparently due to the Firespitter.dll plugin not being the latest version. Search the forums here for the latest version of Firespitter, slot it in, and things should stay the same size. Again, i had this bug, but with extraplanetary launchpads. I put the new firespitter in? Bingo, no more enlargement.

Hope that helps at least one of the problems!

The cost of activating warp isn't scaling with size appropriately, which causes a cap on how fast you can go, but other than that it should be working fine.

Even if it's not intensional, I like the fact that top speed ends up being related to drive size. One thing I want to try it making drives "stack". Does exotic matter cross feed?

I had this problem myself, i installed my mods again, but installed KSP-I Lite -last- of all, and removed/deleted any folders that it was replacing (so i didnt merge any folders, it was just me placing KSPI Lite's folders in as if brand new) And that fixed the no show UI options for me.

This is apparently due to the Firespitter.dll plugin not being the latest version. Search the forums here for the latest version of Firespitter, slot it in, and things should stay the same size. Again, i had this bug, but with extraplanetary launchpads. I put the new firespitter in? Bingo, no more enlargement.

Hope that helps at least one of the problems!

The cause of the expanding part icons is missing modules that are referenced in the part files. It is the same reason for the other problems, an improper install.

The old folder for interstellar was warpplugin, so be sure to remove that was well. There is a video in the OP which goes over everything needs to be done to clean up the olds files.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a version without Tweakscale? I am having major problems with it.

No. What problems?

No. What problems?

I've had this problem before with TweakScale. A flight in progress is missing parts and is sort of split apart and Kerbin is gone and it's just it's atmosphere and clouds (this is from orbit). Removing TweakScale fixed this problem. There was a thread in the old Add-On support but I see that's gone now. I guess this could just be because I'm on 64-bit. :P

I've had this problem before with TweakScale. A flight in progress is missing parts and is sort of split apart and Kerbin is gone and it's just it's atmosphere and clouds (this is from orbit). Removing TweakScale fixed this problem. There was a thread in the old Add-On support but I see that's gone now. I guess this could just be because I'm on 64-bit. :P

Noone has played this version more than me and I've never run into that issue. I don't even compile a 64 bit version because 64 bit is so buggy.

I'm not saying that it is not an issue, just that it sounds pretty strange to me. I'd need to see some logs. The part files are pretty much done being generated from tweakscale after they leave the vab, but I could be wrong. Again, I'd need to see a log.

As for the kerbin being missing and other strange weirdness, that is typical ksp bugginess.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Noone has played this version more than me and I've never run into that issue. I don't even compile a 64 bit version because 64 bit is so buggy.

I'm not saying that it is not an issue, just that it sounds pretty strange to me. I'd need to see some logs. The part files are pretty much done being generated from tweakscale after they leave the vab, but I could be wrong. Again, I'd need to see a log.

As for the kerbin being missing and other strange weirdness, that is typical ksp bugginess.

Hmm, I can't seem to replicate it. It happens and random times so when I see it again I'll send you the log.

The issue I'm having is this: in the previous version of interstellar I was using, the thermal turbojet could also burn LOX and LiquidFuel only. This made it really great for SSTOs and atmospheric landers. The new version only allows the thermal turbojet to burn Air and Atmosphere. Is there a way to add these back to the parts? I've looked into some of the .cfg files and tried a few things but it didn't work and I'm afraid to go much further with our breaking something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.