[0.24.2] Interstellar Lite - Tweakscale Integration [v0.12.3][Sept 7]

WaveFunctionP

I have an issue getting precoolers to work in 0.90 (with latest techmanager; 1.5 and tweakscale; 1.7.8 ):

-every time I attach one radially, if I right click it I can see the tweakable numbers fluctuating incredibly fast.

-every time I attach one via the node, it 'shoots' off in the retrograde direction in SPH.

-vessels where a precooler is present drop in FPS significantly in the SPH/VAB, which make me suspect constant exceptions are being thrown in the background.

-when I try launching a craft with a precooler, the vessel is insta-eaten by the Kraken and has no speed/is inside Kerbin and invisible.

Does anyone else experience something similar? - Perhaps I missed a later version of techmanager?

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys

I would like to motivate that Wave revives this version for 0.90 - I really don't want to have to go back to the "heavy" version of this mod.

Anything would be much appreciated.

Regards

The Gecko

Unless somebody else is already working on this I wanted to start a complete overhaul moving everything to a Regolith based system and only keep as little of the original code as necessary (namely only the thermals and power beaming parts). I'll probably start some time during next week.

I'll focus on getting the mod going first, but if freethinker wants we can incorporate his rebalancing as well of course.

Well, I'm not continuing with this version (GitHub doesn't even allow it), I'm extending Boris Interstellar. I do however incorporate some of his WareFunctionP ideas in KSP Extended, like full tweak scale integration.

k4WapRi.jpg

Edit: for those intrested, I recompiled Interstellar Lite 0.12.3 as good as I could for 0.90. You can download Interstellar Lite 0.12.5 from Kerbalstuff

Notice: I didn't have the time to test it.

Edited by FreeThinker

I recommend the KSP-I 0.90 port maintained by Boris, with the Extension Config that FreeThinker (and myself) have been working on.

Things like TweakScale integration are definitely on the to-do list, though we're also doing things that are entirely new- like actually working on implementing a more realistic Atmospheric ISP calculation! (your 10 GW Microwave Thermal Rocket *should* achieve a MUCH higher sea-level ISP than a 100 MW version with the same nozzle size, due to its higher Exhaust Pressure- but doesn't in the base version of KSP-Interstellar...)

Regards,

Northstar

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Wrong - I care... well sort of...in that I may only be looking at the models and porting them into KSPI90_136 and probly having to port the code too; but I have yet to test it flatout; kraken problems seem like not compatible with v90 (yet?).

I also have some other models of processing units from various MODS but I am checking this out on live stream tonite; well at first glance...I dont see many changes; the antimatter reactor maybe...I guess I have to check everything...the ones that are changed I may add to see differences outside of that I am on my own again for part tweaking; I agree the changes to EC are too fast but this may be due to an unloaded reactor or one with no load; a situation like that in real life could cause a runaway and meltdown!

Okay wait so I see one part in the folders; looks like you added TweakScale for them but when you do this rates wont be affected; something like this is needed and rates on resources are X8:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS

{

name = InterstellarFissionPBDPsmall

radius = 1

PowerOutput = 3

upgradedPowerOutput = 3

partMass = 2.5

}

I dont now if you can override the resource rate, and I dont know if efficiency ratings change which they should as well - that is ALOT of TweakScale work.

Edit: ILite has been added - yes added with Interstellar V90_136; why...to see the models, test some Tweaky Scaly stuff and just to see if both work; your refinery looks interesting but the model; well that wont cut it for me; I dont seem to like any of them; I may have one of my own in fact...ya...maybe I can use that afterall...it will end up having 3 refineries-in-one in it !! But to see that ... well that one I aint spoilin live til the real missions start.

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

so can some one explain how to with this mod? I've tried various setups and can't figure out how to make a ship using interstellar parts thats better in any way than stock parts. the best sip i can get seems to be from liquid ammonia but it winds up being slightly less (on average) delta v and more mass and cost to launch a reactor, fuel engine combo than using an equivalent amount of fuel and a stock nuke engine. i figure higher mass and cost go without saying, but shouldn't i be seeing superior delta v values for my vessel?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.