[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Just to pitch in on the tech node lock/unlock bug, I have seen this bug VERY rarely, when using KCT, and without Kerbonomics. It's very rare, and most times the game sorts itself out after a restart, but I have lost games to it. I have used Kerbonomics now for a while, and have not seen this bug pop up. So I can confirm that it does happen without Kerbonomics, but I just recently had to do a clean wipe because of another mod conflict, so I have no logs remaining from that time.

It is very likely to occur with any mods that happen to error while loading data from the persistence. KCT itself has had problems with this in the past (unfortunately breaking other mods as a result), as well as Tarsier Space Telescope (which is why it is listed as incompatible. TriggerAU, the Alarm Clock developer, even fixed it for him and did a pull request on github but the developer hasn't been online in a long time).

If you ever do see it, send me the logs right away and I can hopefully track down what's causing the issue (KCT or not).

It is very likely to occur with any mods that happen to error while loading data from the persistence. KCT itself has had problems with this in the past (unfortunately breaking other mods as a result), as well as Tarsier Space Telescope (which is why it is listed as incompatible. TriggerAU, the Alarm Clock developer, even fixed it for him and did a pull request on github but the developer hasn't been online in a long time).

If you ever do see it, send me the logs right away and I can hopefully track down what's causing the issue (KCT or not).

I will do so, I noticed that it occurred most often when I was playing KSP with a modded tech tree, which I don't use anymore, so the bug has become really rare, though it did pop up.

Just wondering since this changes the way missions are launched... is there a way to set the flag for a launch other than using the flagpole before launching?

I don't ever change my flag, so I've never tested this, but you should be able to set the flag in the editor when you build the ship initially and it should use that one. Alternatively, you might be able to "edit" the ship before launching it, then select a flag in the editor and save the edits. I believe I set those up to work correctly, but I've never actually tested it.

I don't ever change my flag, so I've never tested this, but you should be able to set the flag in the editor when you build the ship initially and it should use that one. Alternatively, you might be able to "edit" the ship before launching it, then select a flag in the editor and save the edits. I believe I set those up to work correctly, but I've never actually tested it.

Alright, thanks. I'll play around and let you know the results. :)

Hey I jut thought I would say thank you and especially say I discovered something really cool about your add on.

If I test a rocket landed on the pad and don't put any fuel in it ... it doesn't require any rehabilitation of the launch pad. That is so cool.

I know some of you will say this is to cover retrieving a rocket that was aborted... yes but when your running about three contracts to test landed components (or even just two contracts if your contracts center hasn't been upgraded) then this is a cool bonus to timing. as it can take a whole day (3 hrs) to rehab and roll out a new rocket.

If I test a rocket landed on the pad and don't put any fuel in it ... it doesn't require any rehabilitation of the launch pad. That is so cool.

As long as the rocket doesn't change state from PreLaunch to something else it won't trigger any reconditioning. I think you can test rovers and other things like that without triggering the reconditioning code as well. But yeah, you can put whatever you want on the pad because it won't "break" (be damaged, need reconditioned, etc.) until you launch it. Unlike the stock game in 0.25 where the pad would actually break just by placing the ship! ;)

I no longer have the version of the save game I was using for testing. I don't back them up to the HDD, instead I use Notepad++ as a means to revert changes. Since I resolved the issue, I moved on. However, the troublesome Kerbonomics entries are likely still present since I did not go in and eradicate them from the persistence file.

Save Game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd4uv0ze6gpypyj/Einarr-Career.7z?dl=0

Once I get the VAB slot #1 rate up to about 2.0-2.5, I'm happy. But it takes a long time to get there with the 0.05 stepping. Starting slot #1 in the SPH/VAB at 0.50 or 0.75 would probably be a better starting point. Or maybe the slot #1 stepping needs to be 0.10 instead of 0.05.

I currently have 4 build rates in the VAB, at only 1.2, 0.7, 0.6, and 0.4. Sure, if I build a whole ship from scratch, it can take a painfully long time. Instead, what I do (for big ships) is build parts of the ship - especially the expensive ones - as separate "ships" that I complete and recover. If it's a high-priority ship, I can be building the components in all four slots at the same time.

Once I have all - or at least most - of the parts, only then do I construct the complete ship. And building a ship from existing parts can be fast!

Usually my top priority is some contract-test vehicle, though.

Some common components I try to keep a constant stock of, such as probe cores. For example, I built a stack of 6 OKTO2's as soon as I unlocked them. Budget and available build slots are my constraints on this sort of inventory-building.

Some components I seem to always have plenty of, such as SRB's. I think I have around 18 SRB-KD25k's in stock right now (Thanks, Stage Recovery!)

I no longer have the version of the save game I was using for testing. I don't back them up to the HDD, instead I use Notepad++ as a means to revert changes. Since I resolved the issue, I moved on. However, the troublesome Kerbonomics entries are likely still present since I did not go in and eradicate them from the persistence file.

Save Game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd4uv0ze6gpypyj/Einarr-Career.7z?dl=0

Apparently this is a known issue that is breaking at least two other mods, so the author is supposed to release an update soon to fix it.

Hey, I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but I thought I'd mention a non-intrusive bug I noticed. There are cases were I leave the flight scene during a sim that I wouldn't normally do, like a crash to desktop, where when I reload KSP the flight is still underway and I can assume control of it. Furthermore the timer is gone. I haven't bothered testing it out, but who knows, perhaps I found an infinite time cheat for the sims in this mod...

By the way, wanted to mention, been LOVING your mod. Didn't hear about it till the mod highlight on the KSP blog I think, and I was waiting for TAC-LS before starting my career, I'm so glad I took the time to try your mod out and get familiar with it, I'm totally invested in the "plot" of my space program now. I'm using final frontier as well, and as much difficulty as I could throw myself, TAC-LS, DRE, FAR, SNACKS!, RT, this mod (of course) and only the USI suite for parts, no KSPI, NFT or any of that business. This is going to be an epic game.

It should be that when you switch scenes (go into the vab/tracking station) it notices there's an unfinished simulation and reverts the save. I suppose if you load the flight through the space center it might not work properly. I'll have to fix that ;)

I'm not aware of either of my mods receiving a mention on any of the KSP blog posts, but if they did then that's awesome! :D A quick search doesn't bring up anything though.

Hey magico13,

I'm pretty sure I've just come across a bug. It's not game breaking (and kind of amusing :P tbh).

65mBwl1l.png?1

I've just started a new career, and this is the start of my second rocket. The first had a single Mk16 Parachute on it which was recovered upon splash-down.

So I think Jebediah has been busy sewing (a lot) more parachutes in his spare time!

Edited by Exitalterego

I bet you $100 you're using RealChutes ;) Not a bug, just a result of the weird way that procedural parts are handled now. Their "amounts" are their costs multiplied by 1000, representing a bunch of material that can be formed into the procedural shape you want. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for parachutes maybe, but the only filter for detecting a procedural part is whether there's a module with the word "procedural" in it's name (in this case, it's ProceduralChute).

I've just started a new career, and this is the start of my second rocket. The first had a single Mk16 Parachute on it which was recovered upon splash-down.

So I think Jebediah has been busy sewing (a lot) more parachutes in his spare time!

What other mods are you using? Say, for instance, RealChutes?

Gah! Ninja'd by the dev!

Edited by Gryphon
magico ninja!

Looks like I'm down $100 :(:P

I'd seen a few posts about the procedural issue but hadn't stopped to consider that RealChutes was a procedural parts mod!

Still, it made me smile at least :D

No worries :) I need to update the OP at some point to explain how procedural parts are handled (and maybe provide a list of mods that will be affected), but I'm also planning on making some changes to the inventory system which will likely negate how they're handled right now. Though, I have a lot of planned changes that I'm starting to think won't happen as soon as I anticipated :rolleyes:

Bug report! (I think)

When I have a rocket sitting on the pad waiting for launch, and I hit edit on it, it seems to skip the rollback time and move it straight back to storage. Might want to only have the edit button show up when it's actually in storage.

Bug report! (I think)

When I have a rocket sitting on the pad waiting for launch, and I hit edit on it, it seems to skip the rollback time and move it straight back to storage. Might want to only have the edit button show up when it's actually in storage.

Good plan. I had thought of that case once but apparently forgot to fix it. It certainly doesn't make sense to be able to edit a ship in the VAB that's already on the launchpad.

Good plan. I had thought of that case once but apparently forgot to fix it. It certainly doesn't make sense to be able to edit a ship in the VAB that's already on the launchpad.

Hooray! I'm helping! I'm loving this mod. I wish I had added it to my roster earlier. I used to just fly one flight at a time, because nothing happened back home while I was gone. Now that I have build time, I actually go back and do other things while a craft is coasting. It's added a whole new level to the game.

If anyone is feeling REALLY REALLY bored and wants to see if I made it so you can't repair or upgrade buildings, will you please head to the beta thread and test out the latest version there. There's currently no way to actually upgrade or repair buildings if it is indeed working, but I don't have the time to test right now. This is the prerequisite to making upgrades and repairs take time.

The good news is that the dev build does block the building from upgrading. The bad news is that it still removes the funds for performing the upgrade. :P

When trying the first upgrade it appears to freeze or go into a loop. Subsequent attempts respond immediately.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2ryxjrnwuqsgb8/output_log.txt?dl=0

Infinite loops are always fun! I'm doing a tiny bit of more work on it, then going to bed. Despite the high being 0F and the low being -13F tomorrow (with 25 mph winds and windchills between -25 and -35) I still have to go to work :P

Edit: I got it to properly revert the upgrade without going through an infinite loop, but the building will flash as the upgraded one for a second. Currently it just continuously takes your money and won't let you ever upgrade, since I haven't added the KSC build list yet (which will house building upgrades/repair)

Edited by magico13

I'm curious, what's determines when you get upgrade points for upgrading the VAB?

I've been using this mod for the past few weeks with .90 and I don't remember having any issues, besides the one menu that you fixed. I love this mod, thankyou for the hard work you have put into it!