[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

3 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Just drop it dude. Mods are not products. Therefor to place expectations of Instant updates on something that was free, is rather ludicrous. Devs are people that mod in there spare time. And comments like those, make them pack up shop and stop developing a mod all together.

Give the devs some time. Besides 1.1 is a "pre release" why would you expect them to provide mods for something that will not be playable in a week or two? 

Woah chill. 1. I develope software myself I know that everything takes time and so on. 2. I'm not saying: UPDATE NOW OR RIOT. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't have to take weeks to update a mod. 

16 hours ago, Ghosty141 said:

Woah chill. 1. I develope software myself I know that everything takes time and so on. 2. I'm not saying: UPDATE NOW OR RIOT. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't have to take weeks to update a mod. 

I didn't say it would either. I said it could take a few weeks. 

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

35 minutes ago, Ghosty141 said:

Yea but the point is you started it.  yes mods may not take weeks to update.  By the same token modders may (which is perfectly understandable) decide to simply wait until 1.1 is actually released.  Updating a mod for a pre-release beta is asking for more work.  Frequent bug fixes may break your mod in short order.  The bugs in 1.1 could muddy support issues, giving modders more grief than they may want.

The most important factor however, is that squad opened up this pre-release so that people can help TEST before release.  It's not just there so you can play 1.1 early.  If you have no intention of helping test you should stick to 1.0.5.  In that vein I personally have dropped back to playing the stock game for now, as it is far easier to pick out stock game bugs when my game is un-modded.

11 hours ago, Darkstar616 said:

Requesting 1.1 pre-release update.

Thanks for bringing an attention to it. I see 1.1 pre-release available on Steam. Will try to run KIS/KAS on it and see what needs to be changed.

FYI: Did a quick try of 1.1.0. I've managed to compile the mod but it doesn't work :) That said, there likely will be a delay between 1.1.0 release and KAS/KIS updates. Simple fixing references and renaming deprecated methods is not enough to make the mods working :(

Edited by IgorZ

3 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Thanks for bringing an attention to it. I see 1.1 pre-release available on Steam. Will try to run KIS/KAS on it and see what needs to be changed.

FYI: Did a quick try of 1.1.0. I've managed to compile the mod but it doesn't work :) That said, there likely will be a delay between 1.1.0 release and KAS/KIS updates. Simple fixing references and renaming deprecated methods is not enough to make the mods working :(

Aw crud :/

KAS/KIS are two of my favorite mods, so going a while without them is going to suck. I think I'll have to grab the hollandaise and see if I can make a temporary fix myself :)

I connected two vessels with a pipe, all good so far. Now that I unconnected them again I want to store the pipe endpoints back in my space station, but it won't let me detach the endpoint from the second vessel insisting it's the root part (endpoint from first vessel detached just fine). I feel kind of stupid, like I'm missing something really obvious here. Help please?

Edited by MaxRebo

35 minutes ago, MaxRebo said:

I connected two vessels with a pipe, all good so far. Now that I unconnected them again I want to store the pipe endpoints back in my space station, but it won't let me detach the endpoint from the second vessel insisting it's the root part (endpoint from first vessel detached just fine). I feel kind of stupid, like I'm missing something really obvious here. Help please?

I guess it's a problem with how the game rearranges the part tree of the vessels when you connect them (make them one vessel). Nothing on your side.

17 minutes ago, DocMop said:

I guess it's a problem with how the game rearranges the part tree of the vessels when you connect them (make them one vessel). Nothing on your side.

So, the endpoint is lost for other uses? Just like that?

Since there is no way to avoid one of the connected vessels becoming a subtree with the endpoint as the new root, KAS has to expect the need for handling that in some way. This use case can't be that uncommon! I've seen Scott Manley and lots of others do just what I want. Is there something I can do to avoid this in the future, like only sticking endpoints to the root of the second vessel (not that that would fundamentally change the need for tree manipulation)?

Edited by MaxRebo
ninja'd - no need to bother KospY with this anymore...

50 minutes ago, MaxRebo said:

Yea it happens sometimes.  Bring spares.

49 minutes ago, MaxRebo said:

You're not missing anything, it's really happening. Two vessels have two roots, and when you join them with a KAS pipe the game engine needs to "eliminate" one of the roots. I did many tests with that and as far as I can tell when you join vessels one of the connection points becomes "local root" which is attached to the other vessel. Though, on disconnect the original root sometimes restores. I haven't figured out why it happens in one case buy doesn't happen in the other.

As for the removing the root end point: just detach it using "X" tool.

3 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

As for the removing the root end point: just detach it using "X" tool.

It still says "cannot detach a root part"...

I guess I'll just have to deal with it and bring enough spares / save-edit the stuck endpoint out. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Just now, MaxRebo said:

It still says "cannot detach a root part"...

I guess I'll just have to deal with it and bring enough spares / save-edit the stuck endpoint out. Thanks for the heads up guys.

It will say it if you point the end point part. When using X on root you need to point on the immediate child of the root part. E.g. if endpoint is connected on surface of a fuel tank then you need hovering cursor over this tank and then use X. Note the color highlighting - it should mark two parts that will be separated.

1 minute ago, IgorZ said:

It will say it if you point the end point part. When using X on root you need to point on the immediate child of the root part. E.g. if endpoint is connected on surface of a fuel tank then you need hovering cursor over this tank and then use X. Note the color highlighting - it should mark two parts that will be separated.

Ahh ok. I almost did just that, but then reconsidered for the fear of what might happen with the rest of the vessel if I detach a tank right in the middle of it (and since KIS and EVA quicksave don't like each other...)

Worked like a charm. Have some rep :D

4 minutes ago, omelaw said:

Are devs of this mod active or someone else have to create a patch for 1.1?(dose licence allows this?)

I'm one of the collaborators. There are some works to be completed before investing into 1.1. Plus, 1.1 needs some time to stabilize. For now even loading a stack game without mods throws a lot of errors in the logs.

9 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

I'm one of the collaborators. There are some works to be completed before investing into 1.1. Plus, 1.1 needs some time to stabilize. For now even loading a stack game without mods throws a lot of errors in the logs.

Hey don't feel rushed a bunch of kids are storming the forum for mods since they don't understand the pre release isn't for them to play normally/with mods it is for modders to have time to update and for bug reports. Really appreciate that you have been active with KIS and KAS your addition/maintenance has been absolutely great. Whenever you update it will be appreciated whether it's a few days or few weeks.  THANK YOU!

Edited by Svm420

13 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

thanks. I just wanted to check for mods that need 3rd party update. I didn't mean to rush it..

Edited by omelaw

21 minutes ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

I just installed KAS and KIS... I'm unable to utilize the inventories in any of my vessels or in the KIS box that comes with the mod, anyone else having this problem?

Could you please be more specific? What do you do to "utilize" the inventories? Have you had a chance to read the manual? Some screenshots for what you're doing will also be very helpful.

54 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Could you please be more specific? What do you do to "utilize" the inventories? Have you had a chance to read the manual? Some screenshots for what you're doing will also be very helpful.

He loaded it into 1.1 and doesn't have the GUI is my guess.

13 minutes ago, Darkstar616 said:

Do you reckon Kospy is coming back? He hasn't been active since February.

He hasn't resigned so, anything is possible :)

11 hours ago, IgorZ said:

I've utilized KIS/KAS in previous builds (1.05 etc.) and I was always able to access the inventory of containers... now I can't, the KIS inventory cases don't have an inventory any longer. There also used to be inventory in USI Base parts, and under the seats of my MK2 capsules... and the ability to place items there no longer exists.

In other words, when I right click on the KIS parts to open the inventory and place parts in their... NOTHING!