[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

11 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

I can confirm the "3" option, i can't conect ports too!

Did you try changing attach node by pressing "R"? It will attach on surface only when "srfAttach" mode is activated.

17 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Did you try changing attach node by pressing "R"? It will attach on surface only when "srfAttach" mode is activated.

I have an information about weight and the kerbal dont can take it from inventary, i try in space orbiting mun.

At this moment i cannot reproduce. After, when i go to play ksp i will try another options and post here ok?

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

Did you do anything with docking ports on the vessel (either source or target)? I mean, something KIS related like moving ports in different location on the vessel?

And for the mass issue. Can you reproduce it in your clean testbox? What do I do to reproduce it? When I just place a vessel with container on launchpad I have no problems accessing inventory. May be it shows up for some specific container? Or kerbal (it's not a joke, male and female kerbals are different "parts" in the game)? Or may be I need specific part in the inventory?

Nah, nothing. I simply docked two vessels in orbit. Did nothing with help of KIS or KAS. Just launch, rendezvous and dock. The Kraken has awaken instantly. Later I docked 4 times to the same vessel (after restarting the game because of the bug) and it worked perfectly. I disabled SAS and MJ's Smart ASS right before docking. Even commented the debug log - nothing happened, docked flawlessly. As a programmer sometimes I hate bughunting..

Now. In my testbox I tried to grab a battery from my inventory while sitting on the launchpad. It worked. A few beers restarts after adding/removing mods later I figured that it only happens while in flight. Even while in atmosphere as well as in orbit (screenshots below). It does not matter if the active kerbal is a female or a male. Requesting a medal for Bill Kermal for EVA'ing at 58km!

Spoiler

KtNwbfD.png

The next one features the female kerbal, but the same happed with Bill. Has been shot right after I tried to grab the battery. (The screwdriver is in there just in case it is related to it.)
QVUcy8Q.png

Mods installed: KIS 0.1.2.8 only.

Nothing special appeared in the log as far as beer allows me to judge. Tell me if you need the whole log - I'll reproduce the issue again. Clean KSP loads quite quickly.

Thanks as always. I can imagine how much pain those patches delivered for modders.

Edited by atomontage

9 minutes ago, atomontage said:

Nah, nothing. I simply docked two vessels in orbit. Did nothing with help of KIS or KAS. Just launch, rendezvous and dock. The Kraken has awaken instantly. Later I docked 4 times to the same vessel (after restarting the game because of the bug) and it worked perfectly. I disabled SAS and MJ's Smart ASS right before docking. Even commented the debug log - nothing happened, docked flawlessly. As a programmer sometimes I hate bughunting..

Now. In my testbox I tried to grab a battery from my inventory while sitting on the launchpad. It worked. A few beers restarts after adding/removing mods later I figured that it only happens while in flight. Even while in atmosphere as well as in orbit (screenshots below). It does not matter if the active kerbal is a female or a male. Requesting a medal for Bill Kermal for EVA'ing at 58km!

Hide contents

KtNwbfD.png

The next one features the female kerbal, but the same happed with Bill. Has been shot right after I tried to grab the battery. (The screwdriver is in there just in case it is related to it.)
QVUcy8Q.png

Mods installed: KIS 0.1.2.8 only.

Nothing special appeared in the log as far as beer allows me to judge. Tell me if you need the whole log - I'll reproduce the issue again. Clean KSP loads quite quickly.

Thanks as always. I can imagine how much pain those patches delivered for modders.

I have the same message in the pic!

3 hours ago, Shatten said:

+1, and if you try to put out container for example "Mineshaft Portable Crew Tube"(from mod - Wild Blue Industries) it gives an error "Too heavy: Bring more kerbal [0.100> 0.000t]

Reveal hidden contents

To get around this Mass check problem, @IgorZ told me to change "grabMaxMass" in the KIS settings.cfg file.  Default is now 1.  Set it higher, as I did.

Edited by Apollo13

1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

To get around this Mass check problem, @IgorZ told me to change "grabMaxMass" in the KIS settings.cfg file.  Default is now 1.  Set it higher, as I did.

This may not help here. It looks KIS cannot find any pickup target in range, hence, max mass is 0. The settings override applies to a single kerbal. If no kerbals were found (for whatever reason) then limit will be zero regardless to the setting. Something really weird with this bug..

1 hour ago, atomontage said:

Great! Thanks. It's something to start. Just in case, could you also send the craft design?

I reverted to KAS 0.5.6 and KIS 1.2.7 and it's all good again.  I can attach the Concrete Base to Minmus surface.  I can pull from inventory and attach SP-W 3x2 Solar Panels, which I could not do with latest KAS/KIS versions.  The inventory mass check is gone.

Also, object default nodes, such as the Winches, are correct again.

Bottom line: latest KIS/KAS is broken.  I suggest players revert to previous until it's fixed.

Edited by Apollo13

ditto- I'm annoyed because the spontaneous cloning bug is back, so I'm having to play musical versions every time I want to board something without it fracking up. sounds like you introduced a check of some kind into the latest version that's bugged- suggest rolling back any new features then fixing know bugs from prior version without adding any new systems, then throw us a test build. it sounds like the mass check is hella broken for a lot of people and having issues with something used by lots of people.

I am TRYING to make a mun base. simple enough right? Well... seems like the update to KIS/KAS broke something. Like I do with ALL mod updates, I pull the entire old folder out of game data and replace it with the updated version. WELL, this time, something seems to have gone way wrong, as in the VAB the ground pylons are missing, but, yet they are still in the storage bay of a vessel launched a few days back to the mun. I grab one from inventory and place it into bills backpack. I go to place it, yet it says I cannot, need to bring more kerbal... yet, when i tested this on the launch pad ON KERBIN <before the mod update mind you> I was able to place both versions of the ground pylons on the pad, which, again, seem to have vanished. what am i missing? what have I done wrong? please help!

UPDATE: Well, I finally can attach the large ground pylon to the ground, BUT, it only has one bloody place I can put pipe links? WTF? Before I updated, I could put the ports anywhere on that pylon I pleased, now, I cannot. This means, I cannot run pipe, which means I cannot build my base. WTF is going on? 

scratch the rest of that update, turns out, im a dope. never mind. but, in the interest of WTF why was it being peculiar about placing the large pylon? 

New UPDATE: Getting a little tired of it telling me Bill cant pick anything up on the bloody mun. Gonna TRY a fix I saw a few lines up.

Sideline UPDATE: changed the config setting on the grabmaxmass or w/e its called in KIS to 10. have yet to try it out. will update when i do.

Edited by AlamoVampire

2 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

I am TRYING to make a mun base. simple enough right? Well... seems like the update to KIS/KAS broke something. Like I do with ALL mod updates, I pull the entire old folder out of game data and replace it with the updated version. WELL, this time, something seems to have gone way wrong, as in the VAB the ground pylons are missing, but, yet they are still in the storage bay of a vessel launched a few days back to the mun. I grab one from inventory and place it into bills backpack. I go to place it, yet it says I cannot, need to bring more kerbal... yet, when i tested this on the launch pad ON KERBIN <before the mod update mind you> I was able to place both versions of the ground pylons on the pad, which, again, seem to have vanished. what am i missing? what have I done wrong? please help!

UPDATE: Well, I finally can attach the large ground pylon to the ground, BUT, it only has one bloody place I can put pipe links? WTF? Before I updated, I could put the ports anywhere on that pylon I pleased, now, I cannot. This means, I cannot run pipe, which means I cannot build my base. WTF is going on? 

scratch the rest of that update, turns out, im a dope. never mind. but, in the interest of WTF why was it being peculiar about placing the large pylon? 

New UPDATE: Getting a little tired of it telling me Bill cant pick anything up on the bloody mun. Gonna TRY a fix I saw a few lines up.

Sideline UPDATE: changed the config setting on the grabmaxmass or w/e its called in KIS to 10. have yet to try it out. will update when i do.

Try the latest KIS 1.2.9. This issue should be fixed.

12 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Great! Thanks. It's something to start. Just in case, could you also send the craft design?

It was the stock Kerbal X - I used the capsule seat inventories.

Edited by atomontage

KIS v 1.2.9 appears to work correctly.  No Mass check problem.  Can attach Concrete Bases.  Objects attach to vessels with correct orientation.  Have also re-installed KAS v 0.5.7

Edited by Apollo13

3 hours ago, CooperTheFox said:

I have downloaded the most recent update of KAS and KIS, the "Winch Port M" part is not selectable/usable. This makes winches almost pointless. The only thing I can do is link ports to refuel craft

What do you mean by not selectable? You cannot drag it from inventory? Into inventory? The part cannot be grabbed from the world? Please, add some screenshots.

Edited by IgorZ

Quick question:

Are winch-port attachments meant to be persistent through save-load cycles? Using the RW-50 winch and the CC-R2 on the same vessel, it thinks the port is occupied after load, but the physics disengage, and the winch + port appear to remain unusable. 0.5.7 in 1.1.2 windows, both x64 and x86 KSP.

12 hours ago, IgorZ said:

What do you mean by not selectable? You cannot drag it from inventory? Into inventory? The part cannot be grabbed from the world? Please, add some screenshots.

It's not there, at all. Like.. Not in the parts list, I search up all KAS parts and it's the only one not there, I've looked everywhere and installed the mod multiple times

1 hour ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

@CooperTheFox The connector port functions as the pipe endpoint and the winch port. 

I thought that was the case too until I realized anything attached to the winch just falls off when you try to extend or eject the winch,the connector port is needed to hold em in place, also I couldn't even plug in the winch to a connector port, the only thing I can do currently is link connector ports to transfer fuel

3 hours ago, CooperTheFox said:

I thought that was the case too until I realized anything attached to the winch just falls off when you try to extend or eject the winch,the connector port is needed to hold em in place, also I couldn't even plug in the winch to a connector port, the only thing I can do currently is link connector ports to transfer fuel

To work with cable from a winch you first need to grab it. Come close to the hanging end and press "Y", the plug should get attached at the back of the kerbal. Now go to the required port and do connect via port's menu.

Edited by IgorZ

15 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

To work with cable from a winch you first need to grab it. Come close to the hanging end and press "Y", the plug should get attached at the back of the kerbal. Now go to the required port and do connect via port's menu.

I understand that but stuff like the harpoon, magnet, and hook fall off when I interact with the winch at all, my issue is that the little adaptor thing doesn't show in the parts list. also, when I drag the winch over to a port and connect, it just flops onto the floor and then I cant pick it up again.

54 minutes ago, CooperTheFox said:

I understand that but stuff like the harpoon, magnet, and hook fall off when I interact with the winch at all, my issue is that the little adaptor thing doesn't show in the parts list. also, when I drag the winch over to a port and connect, it just flops onto the floor and then I cant pick it up again.

Sorry, I don't understand what do you name "the little adaptor thing". Please, take a look at this tutorial video and let me know if you still have problems.

I have watched the video before, my problem is that the part that goes between the winch and the winch attachment is not in my parts list, which means its not actually attached, when I activate the winch in any way the attached part just falls off.

1 hour ago, CooperTheFox said:

I have watched the video before, my problem is that the part that goes between the winch and the winch attachment is not in my parts list, which means its not actually attached, when I activate the winch in any way the attached part just falls off.

It's not intended to be in the part's list. It's not a part at all, it's just an end point of the winch's cable. If you select "release" on the winch then it may fall given there is a gravity force but it still remains attached to the cable. Have you tried to pickup it with key "Y"? If you don't like "falling" use keys "<" and ">" to slowly retract/extend the cable.

Edited by IgorZ