[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

On 4/23/2016 at 2:01 PM, Apollo13 said:

Right-clicking Winch does not display the full menu of options, such as opening the Winch GUI.

0az3Qjr.jpg

What was the active vessel when you tried it? Full menu only shows up when the winch is on the active vessel.

On 4/23/2016 at 3:26 PM, sashan said:

KAS spams this in the log. I've pressed one of hotkeys for winch control.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KAS.KASAddonControlKey.UpdateGUIControl () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KAS.KASAddonControlKey.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Btw, is it possible to disable certain hotkeys? I don't have enough buttons on my keyboard for all mods. ;(

What key did you press? What was the situation? What are the other mods?

You can change hotkeys assignment via settings file. You cannot disable them completely for now but you can map all unneeded hotkeys on an unused key.

@IgorZ At first i want thank you for your work. KIS/KAS are working for me great.

But:

after installing both: the AVC shows KIS and KAS double in the list of installed plugins. As written, no problems in the game, just confused.

Keep it on.

greetings

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

What key did you press? What was the situation? What are the other mods?

It was most probably Num2 - I'm using numpad for BDarmory targeting cam. But I've pressed all numpad numbers - and idk which one caused it. I'll test more.

10 hours ago, gandi3k said:

@IgorZ At first i want thank you for your work. KIS/KAS are working for me great.

But:

after installing both: the AVC shows KIS and KAS double in the list of installed plugins. As written, no problems in the game, just confused.

Keep it on.

greetings

Could you please attach a screenshot? Not sure if I understand the issue.

But:

Keep it on.

greetings

Not seeing this in my game.

...after installing both: the AVC shows KIS and KAS double in the list of installed plugins. As written, no problems in the game, just confused.

You likely have both current and older versions of the KIS and KAS mods installed, each with their own .dll file.  Did a quick test and put in 2 copies (with directories renamed) of KIS and KAS and they showed up twice in KSP-AVC's listing, same as in your screenshot, as well as duplicate messages in the debug log.  (Unlike say Module Manager, which has special code to identify when it's loaded multiple times and only a copy of the latest one becomes active.)

Search your entire GameData directory tree for KIS.dll and KAS.dll to find all copies.

Edited by Jacke

45 minutes ago, gandi3k said:

@Jacke , this was my fist idea too.

But can't find it

have a look: [ snip ]

edit:  ok unzipped a clean KSP version copied the mods. Problem solved!

sry for this @all

Glad you fixed it.  From your KSC-AVC snapshot, it must have been 2 copies each of the current KIS and KAS (as the list has the same version numbers for each pair) somewhere in your GameData directory tree (as I think KSP only searches there for .dll's and .cfg's to load).  Having the OS search from GameData for "KIS.dll" and "KAS.dll" throughout the tree should have found both pairs.

24 minutes ago, rough93 said:

1.1.1. is giving an error for compatibility, just a heads up

That's to be expected, based on the KAS.version file containing "1.1.0".  You have to expect this for point updates of any mod.  You could help by testing and seeing if KAS is behaving the same on 1.1.1 as you found it to do so on 1.1.0.

6 hours ago, rough93 said:

1.1.1. is giving an error for compatibility, just a heads up

Yeah, AVC is complaining due to .version file. CKAN is fine since it allows setting maximum version which is 1.1.99. As far as I can tell there are no compatibility issues.

All. I'm going to release a new version (0.5.7) this weekend, it will fix this issue as well. If you absolutely cannot live with the annoying MiniAVC message you may fix it by changing or dropping `KAS.version` file.

Edited by IgorZ

Same here. "Unsupported version... please use 1.1"

With CKAN :

-"KAS Installed 0.5.6 / Latest version 0.5.6 / Max KSP version 1.1.99"

-"KIS Installed 1.2.7 / Latest version  1.2.7 / Max KSP version 1.1.99"

Edited by brienne

When I installed KIS and KAS on 1.1.2 whole planet was lost...land was gone except modeled parts(KSC, island, etc) and of course there was black core of planet... Without KIS/KAS game runs normal...

Suggestions?

Tell me what u need, soem logs, photos?

Ave!

Toonu

Edited by Toonu

KSP 1.1.2
KAS 7.0.5.6

Attaching two ships together unleashes THE KRAKEN. Even if I attach a docking port onto the first ship then try to dock with it with the second ship.

Spoiler

[LOG 20:54:31.877] [KAS] LinkTo(Strut) Parts are from a different vessel, docking...
[LOG 20:54:31.879] [KAS] DockTo(Core) Master vessel is KSS
[LOG 20:54:31.880] [KAS] DockTo(Core) Docking CC-R2 Connector Port from Untitled Space Craft with CC-R2 Connector Port from KSS
[WRN 20:54:32.569] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!
[EXC 20:54:32.573] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ProtoVessel..ctor (.Vessel VesselRef)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker+<>c__DisplayClass17_1.<OnVesselDestroy>b__0 (.Vessel v)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].Find (System.Predicate`1 match)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel)
    EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
    Vessel.OnDestroy ()
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    Part:Couple(Part)
    KAS.KASModuleAttachCore:AttachDocked(KASModuleAttachCore, Vessel)
    KAS.KASModuleStrut:LinkTo(KASModuleStrut, Boolean, Boolean)
    KAS.KASModuleStrut:ContextMenuLink()
    BaseEvent:Invoke()
    UIPartActionButton:OnClick()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Thanks.

Edited by atomontage

8 hours ago, atomontage said:

KSP 1.1.2
KAS 7.0.5.6

Attaching two ships together unleashes THE KRAKEN. Even if I attach a docking port onto the first ship then try to dock with it with the second ship.

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 20:54:31.877] [KAS] LinkTo(Strut) Parts are from a different vessel, docking...
[LOG 20:54:31.879] [KAS] DockTo(Core) Master vessel is KSS
[LOG 20:54:31.880] [KAS] DockTo(Core) Docking CC-R2 Connector Port from Untitled Space Craft with CC-R2 Connector Port from KSS
[WRN 20:54:32.569] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!
[EXC 20:54:32.573] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ProtoVessel..ctor (.Vessel VesselRef)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker+<>c__DisplayClass17_1.<OnVesselDestroy>b__0 (.Vessel v)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].Find (System.Predicate`1 match)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel)
    EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
    Vessel.OnDestroy ()
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    Part:Couple(Part)
    KAS.KASModuleAttachCore:AttachDocked(KASModuleAttachCore, Vessel)
    KAS.KASModuleStrut:LinkTo(KASModuleStrut, Boolean, Boolean)
    KAS.KASModuleStrut:ContextMenuLink()
    BaseEvent:Invoke()
    UIPartActionButton:OnClick()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Thanks.

Was you on surface or on orbit? Which other mods do you have installed?

9 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Was you on surface or on orbit? Which other mods do you have installed?

Mini AVC said there were two updates - one to KIS and another one to KAS.. Downloaded em. 

I have a kinda KSP testbox where the only mods installed are the ones I test. Plus Module Manager of course.

So I can't grab the Connector port from inventory anymore - says its mass is 0.08 > 0.00. So I can't really test the issue with the lastest versions of KIS/KAS.

No actual errors or exceptions were thrown in the log. Just normal messages:

Spoiler

[LOG 13:00:09.385] Start pickup in mode GrabFromInventory from part: KAS.CPort1 (Part)
[LOG 13:00:09.386] Jetpack mouse input disabled
[LOG 13:00:09.916] Jetpack mouse input re-enabled
[LOG 13:00:09.938] End pickup of KAS.CPort1 (Part) from part: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) (Part)
------ end of log -------

Versions are:
KIS_v1.2.8
KAS_v0.5.7

GameData contents:
KAS\
KIS\
Squad\
ModuleManager.2.6.24.dll

And the kraken bug I mentioned in my previous post seems to be a conflict between KAS and some other mod. I've installed the previous versions of KAS+KIS - the kraken still sleeps and does not smell me. I've even tried to install Deadly Reentry (a few bugs of which I've reported to the developer earlier - it was conflicting with KIS too; it has been fixed yesterday though).

To be honest I do not want to test it to the point when I find the conflicting pair now. Spent an hour with my ksp testbox. A bit tired and I gotta go soon. Its ok, no rush as usual and thanks for your mods!

I'll report any more info if I find anything. 

ps: oh yeah I forgot to answer your questions! It occured while in orbit. And my modlist is (hold your breath):

Spoiler

KSP: 1.1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
USI Tools - 0.7.2.1
Chatterer - 0.9.8.1230
Community Resource Pack - 0.5.1
Contract Configurator - 1.11.3
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.2.1
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.2
Crowd Sourced Science - 3.0.2
Deadly Reentry - 7.4.3
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2.3
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.1
Engine Lighting - 1.4.2
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.6.3
Firespitter - 7.2.3
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.28
RasterPropMonitor - 0.26
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.7 <== ACTUAL VERSION; THE KRAKEN OCCURED WITH THE PREVIOUS ONE (yesterday);
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.0.2
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.7
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.8 <== ACTUAL VERSION; THE KRAKEN OCCURED WITH THE PREVIOUS ONE (yesterday);
Historian (Extended) - 1.2.0.39
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
Modular Rocket Systems - 1.12.6
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.3
NearFutureConstruction - 0.6
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.7
NearFutureSolar - 0.6
Procedural Parts - 1.2
RCS Sounds - 5.0
RealChute - 1.4.1.1
RealPlume - Stock - 0.10.6
SCANsat - 1.1.6
ShipManifest - 5.0.9
SpaceY Lifters - 1.12.4
StageRecovery - 1.6.4.1
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 6.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.6
TweakScale - 2.2.9
USI Core - 0.2.2.1
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.8.1
Freight Transport Tech - 0.5.2.1
Karbonite - 0.7.2.1
Karbonite Plus - 0.6.2.1
Karibou - 0.2.2.1
Kolonization Core - 0.2.2.1
USI-LS - 0.4.2.1
UKS - 0.40.2.1
Universal Storage - 1.1.0.11
Unmanned before Manned - 1.0.8.3
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.8.14
[x] Science! - 4.15

UPD: the issue seems to be unrelated to KIS/KAS. THE KRAKEN is unleashed! I've disturbed Him, awaken by simply docking in orbit. Great phantom forces, the orbit is all messed up. After I reverted to launch I got this:

Spoiler

x50mUol.png

What a beautiful shot with autosigning thanks to Historian! lol

Was too distracted so I kill&restarted ksp instantly.. so.. the log vanished :(

Edited by atomontage
added upd

1) With the latest update, I can't attach Concrete Blocks to surface with H-key.

2) When attaching a Winch, it defaults to Connector-side attaching point.  Pivoting with QEWASD doesn't expose the Connector node.  Used R-key to change attachment orientation.

3)  Cannot attach Ports to vessel surfaces with H-key.  I get message stating that.  Or, the Port disappears below the surface with the H-key.

IMHO, this update is broken.  It introduced a couple unwelcome changes: one being the Concrete Block problem above.  Another being the Inventory Mass check.   I will revert to previous version.

HcVPkHa.png

Edited by Apollo13

3 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

1) With the latest update, I can't attach Concrete Blocks to surface with H-key.

2) When attaching a Winch, it defaults to Connector-side attaching point.  Pivoting with QEWASD doesn't expose the Connector node.  Used R-key to change attachment orientation.

3)  Cannot attach Ports to vessel surfaces with H-key.  I get message stating that.  Or, the Port disappears below the surface with the H-key.

IMHO, this update is broken.  It introduced a couple unwelcome changes: one being the Concrete Block problem above.  Another being the Inventory Mass check.   I will revert to previous version.

HcVPkHa.png

+1, and if you try to put out container for example "Mineshaft Portable Crew Tube"(from mod - Wild Blue Industries) it gives an error "Too heavy: Bring more kerbal [0.100> 0.000t]

Look screen.

Spoiler

K8Pi0RUCQYo.jpg

4 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

HcVPkHa.png

1. Confirmed. Created a bug.
  2. That's because default node has changed from "surface" to "bottom". Looks like it wasn't the best idea. Will think how to make it more intelligent.
  3. Are you sure you cannot attach? Port's have three nodes: bottom, top, and surface. In 1.2.7 default was "surface", in 1.2.8 it's "bottom". You cannot attach port with bottom node to a vessel's surface but you can change the node with "R".

As for the mass issue I see multiple people reporting it but so far I'm unable to reproduce it. More details needed.

Edited by IgorZ

8 hours ago, atomontage said:

UPD: the issue seems to be unrelated to KIS/KAS. THE KRAKEN is unleashed! I've disturbed Him, awaken by simply docking in orbit. Great phantom forces, the orbit is all messed up. After I reverted to launch I got this:

Was too distracted so I kill&restarted ksp instantly.. so.. the log vanished :(

Did you do anything with docking ports on the vessel (either source or target)? I mean, something KIS related like moving ports in different location on the vessel?

And for the mass issue. Can you reproduce it in your clean testbox? What do I do to reproduce it? When I just place a vessel with container on launchpad I have no problems accessing inventory. May be it shows up for some specific container? Or kerbal (it's not a joke, male and female kerbals are different "parts" in the game)? Or may be I need specific part in the inventory?

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:
  1. Confirmed. Created a bug.
  2. That's because default node has changed from "surface" to "bottom". Looks like it wasn't the best idea. Will think how to make it more intelligent.
  3. Are you sure you cannot attach? Port's have three nodes: bottom, top, and surface. In 1.2.7 default was "surface", in 1.2.8 it's "bottom". You cannot attach port with bottom node to a vessel's surface but you can change the node with "R".

As for the mass issue I see multiple people reporting it but so far I'm unable to reproduce it. More details needed.

I can confirm the "3" option, i can't conect ports too!