[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

I've tested with 1.0.4 and it seems stable, and other users report it stable, so Im adding in an override on CKAN which marks this specific version (0.5.2) as compatible with KSP 1.0.2 thru 1.0.4. It will not affect past nor future versions and it only affects CKAN

Murdabenne - Is there a way we can force install mods via CKAN even if marked incompatible when this situation arises? I know I could just manually copy the mod folder in but I like managing everything thru CKAN. The other issue I've run into though is that KSP reports the mod as incompatible when I load it. Does this prevent the mod from loading? Or is it just a warning?

Murdabenne - Is there a way we can force install mods via CKAN even if marked incompatible when this situation arises? I know I could just manually copy the mod folder in but I like managing everything thru CKAN. The other issue I've run into though is that KSP reports the mod as incompatible when I load it. Does this prevent the mod from loading? Or is it just a warning?

Read the box carefully. At the top (at least on mine) it states the following mods MAY be incompatible. There is a big difference between MAY and IS. KSP cannot tell if any mode is truly incompatible. Only that it may have been compiled for a different version.

I've tested with 1.0.4 and it seems stable, and other users report it stable, so Im adding in an override on CKAN which marks this specific version (0.5.2) as compatible with KSP 1.0.2 thru 1.0.4. It will not affect past nor future versions and it only affects CKAN

It's stable for me as well, but I've fond that radiator parts attached via KAS don't seem to do anything. I'll have to test some more to be sure, though.

I'm having my first attempt with KAS & KIS with a Kerbin/KSC based test run. It has been less than successful.

The main thing that I want to be able to do is attach Connector Ports to my existing Minmus Mining Base so I can transfer fuel without the painful docking process so I launched a small ship without any KAS/KIS components and landed near KSC. Then I sent out a second ship with a supply of Connector Ports, a spanner and a screwdriver. The idea being to bolt a connector port onto my ship then transfer fuel over from one to the other.

I went EVA loaded up with connectors and tools but was not able to attach anything to my ship. When I place a port on the ship it goes green and gives you the rotation keys which work fine. I hit x to use the spanner and it makes a spanner sort of noise and flashes red but nothing happens. If you click the connector port while it is green then it simply falls to the ground as debris and I can't seem to pick it up again. The component that I'm trying to attach is never stuck the the kerbonauts back as I've seen in other videos.

Am I missing something vital here?

I'm on KSP 1.0.2 and the current KAS/KIS mods.

Edited by ChrisD
Add detail

A couple of things spring to mind

- Is the Kerbal doing the work an engineer?

- Does said kerbal have the spanner/screwdriver in his/her inventory and is it equipped? If it is it will have "equipped" written across it in yellow writing. If it's not it can be toggled to equip by right clicking it in the inventory panel.

Possible heads up:

KAS & KIS prevent my KSP 1.0.4 to load on Linux mint 17.1. Just crashes in the middle of loading. I juggled mods while I tried to pinpoint what it was, in the end, was KAS&KIS. Don't know if it works on Windows, haven't got around to testing it yet.

Possible heads up:

KAS & KIS prevent my KSP 1.0.4 to load on Linux mint 17.1. Just crashes in the middle of loading. I juggled mods while I tried to pinpoint what it was, in the end, was KAS&KIS. Don't know if it works on Windows, haven't got around to testing it yet.

Works in win 7 x64 hack so far so good just the AVC checker warning but otherwise in working order.

Spanner = wrench!

So after much swearing at the screen I realised that you have to HOLD-X and click to place the item, while the spanner/wrench is equipped. Even then it doesn't attach in the exact place I had it positioned but, in this case, close enough is good enough.

Onwards to retrofit the Minmus Base!

Just for information, KAS should work fine on KSP 1.0.4. You can ignore the warning message.

I have an update for KIS pending, so it's delaying the KAS update. Hopefully it will be released soon :)

I am really enjoying KIS and KAS. Thanks for all the time you put into these mods, KospY. It's really opened up the game a lot for me.

I think I found a bug, probably similar to the one noted already on GitHub. I tried to attach a strut between two connectors. One end (maybe both) was mounted to a cubic octagonal strut. As soon as I attached the second connection my EVA became "stuck" to the strut. Any movement using the jet-pack causes the ship to react violently. Warping time causes spontaneous disassembly.

You need to make it so that, say your in a situation where you just made a glider and you want to connect it to another plane using the winch you can take the winch cable in the VAB or SPH and connect the glider and the plane together using the connecter port. If that makes any sense.:(

its been quite a while since I've used this mod but I've enjoyed using it in the past... things have improved!

There used to be pipes that I could add to containers and install on my mining operations.... are the pipes no longer part of the mod? Can't seem locate them in the parts catalog nor the KAS/KIS directories

How do you connect plumbing to the Connector Port now?

There used to be pipes that I could add to containers and install on my mining operations.... are the pipes no longer part of the mod? Can't seem locate them in the parts catalog nor the KAS/KIS directories

How do you connect plumbing to the Connector Port now?

Put one Connector Port on each of the ships you want to connect together. Make sure that when you land them the two ports are facing approximately towards each other. Then send a Kerbal out on EVA, right-click on one of the ports and select one of the options - I think it might be the bottom one. You should then get a thick line leading from the port to your Kerbal. Then spacewalk over to the other ship, right-click on its port and choose the option to finish connecting them.

Since 1.0 and the non-retractable solar panels I've wanted an option to clip them off. Either with a context menu or from EVA. It's ok to have non-retractable solar panels, but IMO the point of this is to hinder the player to retract AND extend them again, so by allowing to clip them off makes sense.

Is this something that could be possible with KAS?

Since 1.0 and the non-retractable solar panels I've wanted an option to clip them off. Either with a context menu or from EVA. It's ok to have non-retractable solar panels, but IMO the point of this is to hinder the player to retract AND extend them again, so by allowing to clip them off makes sense.

Not necessarily clipping, but you should be able to remove the entire solar panel part.

i find them easy to clip. Especially on accident via EVA headbutt

My KSP upgraded to 1.0.4 via steam, now I have trouble transfering fuel. :(

I have landed a small hopper next to my minmus base fuel factory and I am able to connect it using a pipe.

Transfering fuel looks to be working, I can pump it over, but as soon as I disconnect the pipe fuel levels are restored to the way they were before the transfer. :(

Anyone else experience this ?

btw, the small hopper was build in 1.0.4. the base is older, probably 1.0.2, dont know if thats relevant.