[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Hello all,

I'm probably doing something wrong - I'm trying to increase the size of the landing gear however there's no scale slider on these ones. Any help appreicated :)

http://i.imgur.com/hxH8vDC.png

The landing gear aren't variable-sized - the larger ones are separate parts. You're using the smaller ones right now but even the larger ones won't be large enough for the way you're trying to use them. Look at the example craft for some ways to make it work :)

Can't the IVA MFDs view JSI External radial-mount camera feeds, or am I being dumb? I can't bring them up and I think I've tried all the menu options. All I get are the built in cameras.

Camera menu, Ext button, if you want it on an information overlay hit prev/next until you get to the camera you want. Doesn't work with the APFD because it's a HUD, it has one defined camera, I made 2 versions one with forward camera second with the landing camera, but it works for text only overlays like TOF, LND etc

Edited by K3|Chris

That MOD makes my KSP crashing all the time while loading the game.

Even with a fresh installed KSP.

It scoops tons of stuff in my RAM and when it reaches around 6,5GB (from my 8GB) the game crashes.

Has any one a solution? =/

Active texture management mod

Whats the fix for Tweakscale? Is there a folder or plugin I can delete, because I use tweakscale on a bunch of other mods.

Based on what I've seen (could be horribly wrong!), TweakScale works fine in terms of changing the size of parts in B9. It doesn't work very well in terms of scaling the mass or tanks of switchable-mesh/switchable mas/switchable tanks parts, however. So it can be used, but it will not produce what you are expecting in many cases. Essentially, the mass and tank capacity of switchable parts reverts to whatever its non-scaled state is every time you do anything to a part you've scaled. So if you scale up a fuel tank, for example, it will appear at first to have scaled its mass/capacity correctly. If you pick up the part and set it down again, it will revert to whatever its mass/capacity is at 100% scale. I'm not sure, but I think that saving/reloading ships can sometimes correct certain parts of that problem temporarily. I left a message in the TS thread about Firespitter switchy parts, but I assume Biotronic is busy with real life at the moment since he hasn't been as present in the TS thread recently as he has been in the past.

If you don't want B9 parts to change scale at all, you can do one of two things:

1. Just don't change their scale in the VAB/SPH - if you don't, they will work fine and TweakScale won't break them or anything.

2. Delete the .cfg that applies to B9 parts - probably B9_TweakScale.cfg in the TweakScale directory. Then you won't have the option of scaling the parts.

Question for the authors: for those of us who love tweakscale, is there a way to hack together non-tank-switching parts based on the different meshes available without generating a whole bunch of work for you? E.g. a non-switchable RCS tank with the corresponding 2x1 or 1x1 part mesh so that we can tweakscale like crazy people? Stopgap until TS is updated, maybe...

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Question for the authors: for those of us who love tweakscale, is there a way to hack together non-tank-switching parts based on the different meshes available without generating a whole bunch of work for you? E.g. a non-switchable RCS tank with the corresponding 2x1 or 1x1 part mesh so that we can tweakscale like crazy people? Stopgap until TS is updated, maybe...

Sure, if you don't mind adding some 150-odd parts to your parts list ...

Edit: you're better off waiting for 5.0.1 and using ModularFuelTanks - support for that will be provided directly by us.

Edited by Taverius

Sure, if you don't mind adding some 150-odd parts to your parts list ...

Edit: you're better off waiting for 5.0.1 and using ModularFuelTanks - support for that will be provided directly by us.

Sadly TweakScale also has issues with MFT (I believe), most notably with parts placed in symmetry. Masses & tank capacities can go crazy when you scale something, often to the tune of thousands of tons of dry mass (if you multiply size a few times), having twice the fuel in a tank as its capacity ought to be, etc.

Sadly TweakScale also has issues with MFT (I believe), most notably with parts placed in symmetry. Masses & tank capacities can go crazy when you scale something, often to the tune of thousands of tons of dry mass (if you multiply size a few times), having twice the fuel in a tank as its capacity ought to be, etc.

Then it looks like the TS author has lots of work to do! Glad its not me!

In somewhat related news, i just committed the B9 file for ModularFuelTanks/RealFuels.

It needs a careful look-over still - I'm not going to try to comb through a 1300-line file without fresh eyes & mind - but anyone feeling ... adventurous is welcome to clone the Release5.0 branch and take it for a spin. If you do so, please add any bugs to issue #88.

Soon I'm going to make a development thread for B9 so this kind of stuff doesn't pollute the main thread.

I don't think DRE will make it this go around, NKell has been too busy adding cost support to MFT and fixing CFE bugs to spend time there.

Yeah, sorry. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Mad props (V-22 variety) to Taverius though; despite his earlier not wanting to do the RF/MFT work, and my saying I would, he ended up doing most of it anyway (based on some excellent work by Raptor831). :)

Hey guys. Congrats on the release. Looks really good.

Although, as usual i have something to nitpick. First the engines overheat much too early with DRE. I know it has been mentioned but i noticed it, too.

Secondly, to be frank, the way the engine FX of the SABERs is animated looks bad. It appears as though the engine exhaust comes out of the engine at a walking pace. Not at all like IRL of which you can find plenty of examples on youtube.

Edit: Refering to jet engine mode. Rocket mode FX look awesome!

Edited by DaMichel

It appears as though the engine exhaust comes out of the engine at a walking pace.

I can make it move fast, and as soon as your fps drops a little it'll look like a necklace of (static) blue beads.

Screenshot_132.png

That cannot be resolved because of how particles are spawned - they appear every graphics frame, the higher their speed the greater the separation between particles as fps drops.

That shot was taken with a GTX 780 on a Haswell K-series i7.

SmokeScreen fixes that, I thought.

Everything HotRockets!-based runs on SmokeScreen.

That can be solved with more particles generated per second. But when you go slow, it will be brighter/dense.

And the real fps on game will drop.

Right, we're already putting out way too many particles as it is - once you're up high enough and the vapor trails are running you can have several thousand from a handful of b9 engines.

Whoops, looks like yesterday's patch is missing some crucial fixes due to miscommunication between us, so another one is required.

If you are experiencing huge slowdowns in VAB/SPH while using procedural parts with B9, better wait for that patch. And it will cover some other issues as well.

Thanks for the quick response.

Thinking about it, more and faster particles are likely not to be the answer. As i said, the rocket FX awesome. So whatever you do there, can't you just do the same for jet mode FX?

Beside, videos on YT show that the the flame pattern looks almost stationary.

Because of that, it seems better to put the particles on fixed positions relative the nozzle and only modify their appearance as function of time and position. Let me guess: not possible an KSP/Unity? Still it might be possible to do this with a couple of meshes and geometry/vertex shaders, not using particles at all.

Taverius, this looks nice.

Edit: Hurray! :D And sorry, i guess there are good reasons why things are the way they are :)

ZUg36zu.jpg

Edited by DaMichel

I would put a volumetric spline, for the basic glow effect, that receive some influence on the end of spline from the atmosphere. (curves, etc) But a little, just to not be a fix thing. That would redux a lot in the time computing.

And the smoke is particle.

I can make it move fast, and as soon as your fps drops a little it'll look like a necklace of (static) blue beads.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42665548/KSP/Modeling/Screenshot_132.png

That cannot be resolved because of how particles are spawned - they appear every graphics frame, the higher their speed the greater the separation between particles as fps drops.

That shot was taken with a GTX 780 on a Haswell K-series i7.

that effect resembles the blackbirds afterburners