[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Thanks for release!

Uhm. I have a question: did you use gitserver other than bitbucket for your releases?

It's just last commit in master was 04.10.2014. Yesterday I installed B9 from current live branch and now wonder what would be better to use: B9 from live or new 5.2.8?

5.2.8, looks like I forgot to push all recent commits to master. :)

I get really really horrible lag using the Sabre engines past 10km and at super/hyper sonic speed.

I have an i5-2500k and 7970, and I drop down to like 5 fps and it freezes for 0.5-1 second every 1-2 seconds.

I get 60FPS just fine even when I'm using 24 rapier engines, compared to 4 Sabres.

unless this was addressed earlier, the reall big parts added in version 5.0, in 5.2.7, they just fall through other parts, is this a glitch on my end or the mod's?

Well they worked fine for me in 5.2.6, but suddenly all my spaceships with HX parts just fall apart as soon as they load on the runway or launchpad or anywhere :(

Is it just on my side or are some of the stock planes broken? Every time I load up let's say the Bradbury as soon as I click Launch and the physics kick in, the plane just falls backwards (like this http://i.imgur.com/BV4KKmw.png) and is impossible to fly from there on. And also, the Stapledon destroys the runway when it topples on it's back :D One last thing, why is the thrust vectoring on all the engines gone? Sorry if some of this has been said before, I am kind of that type of user that doesn't like scrolling trough the pages of a forum.

Thanks in advance!

How come there aren't fuel tanks for any of the fuselage types? It's kinda disappointing as it's really hard to implement fuel in other ways.

Once they're placed on your vessel you have to right click on them, then cycle through the different tank types.

I am getting a crazy glitch here. Everything works fine until I install B9, then suddenly I have no Kerbal cams on the lower right, no IVA (not even a black screen), no stage que, and no ability to revert to hangar or launch. Also, in the middle of the SPH, there is the interior of one of the crew modules.

Any ideas? I have tried re-installing three times.

SPH glitch

Cam/stage glitch

Mod Files

Thanks!

Just wanted to say that I installed the new release, and it didn't resolve these problems. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong?

Is the download corrupted? I dont have any HX, HL, or other wings, I do have the B9 Super large wing, and the engines, the two hypersonic cockpits, and the S2 cockpit, but thats it.

Just wanted to say that I installed the new release, and it didn't resolve these problems. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong?

Upload your output.log anywhere (dropbox etc.). Otherwise nobody can help you...

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just on my side or are some of the stock planes broken? Every time I load up let's say the Bradbury as soon as I click Launch and the physics kick in, the plane just falls backwards (like this http://i.imgur.com/BV4KKmw.png) and is impossible to fly from there on. And also, the Stapledon destroys the runway when it topples on it's back :D One last thing, why is the thrust vectoring on all the engines gone? Sorry if some of this has been said before, I am kind of that type of user that doesn't like scrolling trough the pages of a forum.

Thanks in advance!

Gimbaling is updated in the last release (5.2.8). The "stock" planes might be broken... e.g. if you use FAR. From the picture it seems that COM is behind the wheels... look for missing fuel in the fuselages toturn COM forward.

Gimbaling is updated in the last release (5.2.8). The "stock" planes might be broken... e.g. if you use FAR. From the picture it seems that COM is behind the wheels... look for missing fuel in the fuselages toturn COM forward.
FAR underwent some major changes a little while back and the B9 stock craft haven't been updated to compensate yet.

Thanks for the info! I'll just try to fix the stock planes myself by just adding another landing gear behind the COM.

P.S After I wrote the first message I noticed there was an update, and that the gimbaling was updated! Also, how does FAR effect the COM, isn't that mod purely for the aerodynamics?

P.S After I wrote the first message I noticed there was an update, and that the gimbaling was updated! Also, how does FAR effect the COM, isn't that mod purely for the aerodynamics?

When tweakable wing masses were introduced, ferram increased the default mass / area.

I seem to be having a problem with air brakes.

I can see that the max temp of air brakes is set to 1500 in a MM config file inside the B9 folder. However ingame it says max temp 750.

Anyone have any idea why? Or how to change it?

Every time I fit them to a spaceplane they burn up right now :(

Well they worked fine for me in 5.2.6, but suddenly all my spaceships with HX parts just fall apart as soon as they load on the runway or launchpad or anywhere :(

Same here.

And the big engines drop but are still connected. You can fire them up, they fly away and the camera goes in the same direction because the center of mass shifts with them. 5.2.7. I'll check the new one.

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 178956972B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: NewDelete
Allocation happend at: Line:0 in Overloaded New[]
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 475182345B | peak: 0B | reserved: 490879210B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 313102811B | peak: 0B | reserved: 341391600B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 222888B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 104148B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 178956972B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: NewDelete
Allocation happend at: Line:0 in Overloaded New[]
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 475182345B | peak: 0B | reserved: 490879210B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 313102811B | peak: 0B | reserved: 341391600B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 222888B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 104148B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B

(Filename: Line: 909)

Crash!!!

Out of memory, try searching in the forums...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93679-KSP-crashes-on-startup

Another bug Bac9 is that any planes that had the f119 engine with vectoring the action groups are broken. After having to change it to km_gimbal_3 it doesn't update in the prebuilt planes like the Haldeman and all. Going in to its .craft file and putting it in works. Just thought you might want to include that in an update.

Once they're placed on your vessel you have to right click on them, then cycle through the different tank types.

Yep, does nothing. Also, the cargo bay doors don't close. When I right click on them, no dice. This add-on is so much trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is Active Texture Management really required? It slows my game's startup to a snails pace.

IIRC, both the tank switching & the bay doors rely on Firespitter. I believe the latest B9 release bundles it, but check that you have it and it's up to date.

You can try running without ATM, but it'll probably just OOM.

Yep, does nothing. Also, the cargo bay doors don't close. When I right click on them, no dice. This add-on is so much trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is Active Texture Management really required? It slows my game's startup to a snails pace.

B9 has a lot of dependencies required to make it works. If one of those fails to work correctly, the whole thing crumbled. Though I can verify that the latest version work, since I am using it right now without problem, so chances are something corrupted on download or something on your side. As mentioned above, get the latest Firespitter (just the dll in the post) and see if it works.

As for Active texture management, you technically do not have to use it. B9 will run without it. It is not a hard dependencies like the others bundled with it. The thing though, B9 adds ALOT of parts and textures, and those can easily push Kerbal Space Program over the RAM limit of some set up and will crash things, either while playing, or maybe even on loading into game, and you can't play at all. So there is a choice of either wait a little more on load, or can't play at all for some people. But maybe your hardware can handle it, or you haven't got enough mods to hit the RAM limit. Try running without ATM and see.

Edited by RainDreamer

B9 has a lot of dependencies required to make it works. If one of those fails to work correctly, the whole thing crumbled. Though I can verify that the latest version work, since I am using it right now without problem, so chances are something corrupted on download or something on your side. As mentioned above, get the latest Firespitter (just the dll in the post) and see if it works.

As for Active texture management, you technically do not have to use it. B9 will run without it. It is not a hard dependencies like the others bundled with it. The thing though, B9 adds ALOT of parts and textures, and those can easily push Kerbal Space Program over the RAM limit of some set up and will crash things, either while playing, or maybe even on loading into game, and you can't play at all. So there is a choice of either wait a little more on load, or can't play at all for some people. But maybe your hardware can handle it, or you haven't got enough mods to hit the RAM limit. Try running without ATM and see.

You see, my game was taking forever to load on start up, so I removed some "unnecessary" components in gamedata. Reintroducing those components, the mod now works fine. I'm a tool :D

As for the RAM management thing, that's fine. My KSP runs fine enough.

Another bug Bac9 is that any planes that had the f119 engine with vectoring the action groups are broken. After having to change it to km_gimbal_3 it doesn't update in the prebuilt planes like the Haldeman and all. Going in to its .craft file and putting it in works. Just thought you might want to include that in an update.

Unfortunately it's impossible to fix, you'll have to recreate the groups. The developer of the gimbal plugin changed the name of the gimbal module, which breaks all previously created actions linked to that module.

You see, my game was taking forever to load on start up, so I removed some "unnecessary" components in gamedata. Reintroducing those components, the mod now works fine. I'm a tool :D

As for the RAM management thing, that's fine. My KSP runs fine enough.

Absolutely nothing but B9_Aerospace folder consumes significant amount of RAM, so you should never remove anything but parts from B9_Aerospace/Parts/* to free it.

Edited by bac9