[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

3 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

Sorry, I don't know any other thing to do.

Here's what I'd recommend:

Remove any mods in GameData/GameData and delete that folder.  Then reinstall those mods.  I am 100% sure that none of those mods are actually supposed to be installed that way.

1 hour ago, Dawnbandit said:

Turns out I was missing half my game files. I copied and pasted the from my Steam install.

Best practice with mods is. Keep the .zip files from your mods and your original unmodified game instal. Then when either a mod becomes unavailable or you simply have an issue with a given mod. You always have those master files to go back to. I keep every file I have ever worked with by game version back to .90.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Best practice with mods is. Keep the .zip files from your mods and your original unmodified game instal. Then when either a mod becomes unavailable or you simply have an issue with a given mod. You always have those master files to go back to. I keep every file I have ever worked with by game version back to .90.

I have 3 different installs so i one screws up I have another one.

23 minutes ago, TAImatem said:

Anyone tried to run it on 1.1?

It won't work, don't try it.  There are a lot of plugin changes that need to happen.  Most likely, the game won't even load.

On that note though, here are my current thoughts on the state of the 1.1 prerelease and B9:

• I will not release any official version of B9 for the prerelease, even if everything manages to get working before the final 1.1 version is out (doubtful).  It's just too much headache to worry about who is on what version as KSP will change between now and the official 1.1 release.
    • However, I will be pushing commits to Github, so if you're savvy you might be able to get something semi-working from there once some dependencies have updates.
  • Since stock now allows different X and Y gimbaling, it's certainly possible to remove KM_Gimbal as a dependency now.  This would loose a little bit of functionality (per-engine trim), but that's pretty minor (personally I have never used trim anyway).
  • Not sure about whether FSWheel will work in 1.1, or whether Snjo will even update Firespitter.  This might put the legacy landing gear in an odd place, I might investigate whether they can be ported if I have time.

3 minutes ago, blowfish said:

It won't work, don't try it.  There are a lot of plugin changes that need to happen.  Most likely, the game won't even load.

I asked because devs wrote that some mods may work on 1.1. I will try it anyway when I will return home, though.

btw, I'm mostly interested in using HX parts.

14 minutes ago, TAImatem said:

I asked because devs wrote that some mods may work on 1.1. I will try it anyway when I will return home, though.

It's mostly the plugins that need updating, but they will be broken.  You're welcome to try, but don't bother complaining when it doesn't work.

On 21-3-2016 at 6:19 PM, arnotjeertjes said:

something is wrong with my B9 aerospace:everytime i put in the gamedata B9partswitch,when it comes to the M1 adapter part the loading stops permantly without crashing the game.what is all about that?cuz when i delete the B9 partswitch i have husge bugs with the texture from fuel tanks and the nosecones are  doubled in each other.please repair this or please delete the B9 partswitch.on the 5.4.0 version i had no bugs with it.now with the B9partswitch i have:0.0:

its fixed now.

32 minutes ago, tamhuynhhong said:

Do I download all the 'download link' or just the top one (https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9-Aerospace/releases/tag/6.0.0)?

Top one link is main mod file, while HX parts and legacy are optional. HX parts are for people that like those and legacy parts pack contain mostly old ("broken") parts that were available mostly for people to be able to load their crafts created with older version of B9 mod.

Btw, Roverdude have already updated firespitter plugin for KSP 1.1 pre-relese. Only plugin, that is dependency for B9 too. Firespitter part pack probably be broken for some time longer until Snjo update those.

hello everyone i am having problems with the mod for some odd reason about half the parts arent wanting to load up, i downloaded all the main files that are required to use the mod but none of the other downloads and i dont even get past the loading screen to even take a look at the other wonderous parts that were added am i missing something please help and thank you

1 hour ago, tys0n777 said:

hello everyone i am having problems with the mod for some odd reason about half the parts arent wanting to load up, i downloaded all the main files that are required to use the mod but none of the other downloads and i dont even get past the loading screen to even take a look at the other wonderous parts that were added am i missing something please help and thank you

Your best bet is let us inspect your logs - instructions on how to find these logs are in the first link in my signature.  Once you find the log file, upload it somewhere (Dropbox or Google Drive work, just remember to share the file), and show us.

miracles didn't happen, loading stops somewhere at loading bundle... (can't remember the name of the stage)

Partswitch and animation modules I downloaded from github

Edited by TAImatem

1 hour ago, TAImatem said:

miracles didn't happen, loading stops somewhere at loading bundle... (can't remember the name of the stage)

Partswitch and animation modules I downloaded from github

The ones bundled with B9 are equivalent.  You are on 1.0.5 and not the prerelease, right?

Update on the general state of things:

• B9AnimationModules seems to work in KSP 1.1-pre without any code changes, B9PartSwitch required only a few.
  • I'm currently working on fixing the bug with B9PartSwitch and root parts.  This is not 1.1 specific, but a reasonably serious problem that needed to be addressed.  It's proving a lot more complicated than I thought and requires refactoring a lot of the code.  I think I'll have a solution that will work but that's what I thought about the last two before I actually tried them.  So we'll see.
  • The heavy landing legs never had suspension anyway (just an animation) so they're working as they always have.  Might look at adding suspension at some point in the future.
  • FSWheel is decidedly broken, and thus so are the legacy landing gear.  I messaged bac9 to ask for the source files, if he gets back to me I'll take a look.  But they're legacy anyway, so I'm not going to spend a huge amount of time on it.
  • KM_Gimbal needs to be replaced as Sarbian won't be updating it.  The stock module might require changing the orientation of the gimbal transforms though, so this might require re-exporting the models.
  • Some plugins still need updates to work at all, in particular RPM and Smokescreen.

8 hours ago, blowfish said:

The ones bundled with B9 are equivalent.  You are on 1.0.5 and not the prerelease, right?

prerelease, although I tried to load only HX + plugins it bundled with

8 minutes ago, TAImatem said:

prerelease, although I tried to load only HX + plugins it bundled with

If you're on the prerelease, why did you expect things to work?  I stated pretty specifically that they don't.  Even if the part switch and animation plugins work, there are still a huge list of broken things.

General update on the state of things:

• Root part bug fixed without mercy.  It required a lot of code changes but I think everything is in a better state now.
  • I managed to integrate the new UI_ChooseOption into the part switching.  The UI is much cleaner now.  You can see a screenshot here (even though it's meant to showcase a bug)
  • Gimbals seem to work on the new module without any changes.  So yay.  This means we can get rid of KM_Gimbal as a dependency (it's not going to be updated anyway)
  • All parts now have tags to aid searching, and honestly this is a lot of work that I'm probably not going to get to.  If someone wants to help with this, it would be much appreciated :)
  • Still waiting on updates from RPM and Smokescreen.